X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E-Challenged View Post
    I'm still not sure how I set up 3-position, trim-able, slowed action,flaps on my Tritle Stinson Reliant
    What kind of transmitter do you use? Putting instructions down for what you want and need to do with flaps can be a dissertation all in itself. It can be a very long, drawn out affair to get flaps set up. Not sure if you are relating servo instructions with flap set up instructions but servos have only very minimal relationship with flaps set up.
    If you're using Spektrum (and that's assuming you have a Tx that is complex enough to do proper flaps set up), it involves activating the flaps menu by selecting flaps in the wing type menu. Then you open up the flaps menu where you can then dial in the various flap positions and choose the deployment time and which switch you want to use. Of course, this should be prefaced by making sure the flap servo arm is in the proper starting orientation. This might require physically relocating the arm on the servo and/or adjusting the flap servo travel. These steps are VERY basic steps that we all must learn from experience and trial and error. There can be many, many other sub-steps before it's all done. It's too complicated for any manual to delve into. A manual would have to be 3 times as thick if every contingency were to be covered.
    Another topic that could be another manual in itself is "mixing". These things must also be learned. The basics are covered but to someone new to mixing, those basic instructions don't mean much. As it stands, my DX8G2 manual is already thick enough. It deals with the basics. The rest is up to me.

Comment

I'm using a Hitec Aurora 9 and Optima receivers .You are correct about starting with wing-type menu selection i.e., two ailerons (two aileron servos) and two flaps( two flap servos).You must also select use of a 3 position switch in lieu of the flap lever on the left side of the transmitter. There are more settings and tweaking of flap servo linkage to obtain trim-able flap positions and slowed flap servo action. There are also settings/mixes for down-elevator offsets to compensate for nose-up tendencies with flaps on high wing models. Since many scale models have flap options, manuals should include a summary of flap setup actions to be accomplished with clear references to manual sections for details. I have been told by Spektrum users that their manuals are easier to follow for flap setups. The same level of detail effort as for sailplane "flaperon" setup should be made in manuals for scale model flap setup.

Comment

Sorry, I can't comment much on Hitec TXs or their manuals.
        Additionally, if your 2 AIL servos are Y'd together and/or if your flap servos are Y'd together, then on the TX, it's still considered "1 AIL, 1 flap".

Comment

G'day gang,
          I do not know what the new FMS V4 Trojan manual is like but the V2 and V3 manuals were as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
          Things must be rubbing off on my wife, Dolly. I caught her trying to work out a transformer toy for our boy Johnathan. When I suggested to rti, I got that 'look' that all husbands know and recognize as, DANGER!!!
          Regards and respect
          Daryl

Comment

Working...
          X