Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12S foamie in super scale? Oh yes. Dropping bombs and a sound system!!!! Realistic cockpit!! Oh my.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
      12S foamie in super scale? Oh yes. Dropping bombs and a sound system!!!! Realistic cockpit!! Oh my.
      If its worthy of 12, its not going to be a foamie.

I've got a pair of BVM EVF 5 inch (127 mm) fans that use 12S. A foamie just won't handle it.

The plan is to drop them in a 107 inch span Me262, fiberglass fuselage, CNC cut foam core, CF reinforced, aircraft ply skinned wings.
      THAT is what you are talking about when you go 12S.

A single 12S EDF is looking at 12 to 15 lbs RTF. (I've had a few)
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

10.5 feet TI??:bluelove I feel my leg getting pulled...... However, if it really is that size....... What a bird it would be!!!
        I'm sorry, I didn't read the post about the Skyraider, the OV-10 is 3200mm and 12S, preorder should be up by the end of the week.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Jolly Joker!

Comment

• Hey, what happened here? How come this thread was unavailable for nearly 3 1/2 months, now yesterday and today it suddenly is again? (I tried to access it about a dozen times in that period and always got a "You can't access this" error message each time.) I thought a mod had deleted it due to some untoward discussion contents or something. Was this just a forum software anomaly?

Comment

• A 3200 Drooling::Drooling:
              I may look like a :wacky turnip but I didn't fall off the cart yesterday................... But I can whisper a friendly Bull :Poo: to TI LOL

Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Good question Rickvb,
                I had the same troubles so I got onto the support team and they got it working again. Seems like it was a technical glitch.:Confused:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm sorry, I didn't read the post about the Skyraider, the OV-10 is 3200mm and 12S, preorder should be up by the end of the week.
                  You guys are terrible! LOL
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
                    Hey, what happened here? How come this thread was unavailable for nearly 3 1/2 months, now yesterday and today it suddenly is again? (I tried to access it about a dozen times in that period and always got a "You can't access this" error message each time.) I thought a mod had deleted it due to some untoward discussion contents or something. Was this just a forum software anomaly?
                    I was the(click link) burr under the saddle blanket and kept at it until it got results.;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by RickVB View Post
                      Hey, what happened here? How come this thread was unavailable for nearly 3 1/2 months, now yesterday and today it suddenly is again? (I tried to access it about a dozen times in that period and always got a "You can't access this" error message each time.) I thought a mod had deleted it due to some untoward discussion contents or something. Was this just a forum software anomaly?
                      When I experience the same thing with any thread (I’ve had quite a few threads like the A-10 80mm EDF thread do the same thing), I go into the main forum, find the specific thread I’m looking for and click on the thread subject/title and unsubscribe, then re-subscribe. For whatever reason, I don’t have an issue with the thread opening via my notifications page after I go through that process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                        Dear Motion RC and Alpha --

HO-229 would not only be a very good jet to bring to life but very historic to being the first of it's kind.

I would love to see this happen...

HE-111 would be a good Bomber from WWII - we have B-17's,B-25's and now B-26's so how about a German WWII bomber?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	hO-229.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	103799Click image for larger version

Name:	He111.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	103800Click image for larger version

Name:	HE-111-2.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	103801
                        I really like the idea of a HE-111. It has never been done before in foam and if they did it would be the only one and a hot seller!

By the way the HE-111 used in the movie Dunkirk was a large scale RC model. Check out this great video of the making of the Aerial scenes in Dunkirk.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I feel better now. I thought it was just me...:Whew:

Comment

• I would certainly buy at least one He-111. I always thought that was one of the coolest Luftwaffe birds.
                            Pat

Comment

• And I love the idea of an He-111. How many do I have to promise to buy to get you to start now? :Cool:

Comment

• You can put me down for a couple.

Bob

Comment

• I just found this nice video of an electric RC HE-111. It gives you a good idea of how it would fly. Seems like a really nice flier.

Comment

• Those Black Horse models are hard to fly from what I heard. The V1 makes me more excited then the He111. I would prefer a Ju88 over a He 111. Also, most of the German camo is really hard to see. Not fun to fly if your worried about orientation. Of course, I a gyro helps.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Now that this thread is back on the air let me get it back on track from the evolving spam list of wishes ya'll would like to see happen.
                                      When Alpha got this little guessing contest going he had one stipulation which was at post#6 and then his subsequent postings.
                                      Below are his posting excerpts.

Post#6.........Starting right now, if anyone posts here and correctly articulates the correlation between the project name and the secret aircraft, I'll send them a gift certificate when the aircraft is officially announced.

Post#8.........Project Virtue is a jet, and Project Tennyson50 is a warbird.

Post#34.......To be clear, even if someone were to post the correct associations, I will not acknowledge they were correct until the actual official product announcement. Sort of what we did with the Tigercat release's guessing game. So far, Wesnc has posted the closest to what I'd say qualifies as a valid association, in terms of depth of correlation and rationale.
                                      Even if/when it costs me an airplane, I'd actually really be happy if someone articulated the correct associations. To help out, I'll throw in a hint, sort of: My mother was an instructor of history. I am its student.
                                      (he actually upped the ante there):Cool:

Post#83.......Jet, Student, Teacher, Virtue, Kant... and Prop, Student, Teacher, Tennyson...

Post#141......Project Virtue is announced as the A-4 Skyhawk

Post#149.....After the A-4 opens soon I'll post another EDF project name. The game is still on and the rules remain unchanged: anyone who correctly, within reasonable accuracy as determined by me, associates the project name with the model aircraft will receive a copy of that model when it is released.

So there it is, you don't need to read back almost 200 posts to understand what is going on in this thread.
                                      So get going and participate.;)What's Project Tennyson going to be..........but don't keep throwing wish lists out there:Whew:
                                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

• I am 99.9% sure it's gonna be an airplane. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                          Those Black Horse models are hard to fly from what I heard. The V1 makes me more excited then the He111. I would prefer a Ju88 over a He 111. Also, most of the German camo is really hard to see. Not fun to fly if your worried about orientation. Of course, I a gyro helps.
                                          I can't recommend the Black Horse models.

Got their (now discontinued) 50CC Corsair. The spars are just laminated low quality lite ply. Cracked one side without even doing a loop. The balsa wing skin held the wing together for the landing.
                                          I still have it.
                                          Eventually I'll cut the spars out and put in something more substantial.

Then there's the retracts which are made of metal so soft the frames bend by hand and the pieces holding the air cylinders on are light plastic that snaps easily. Pure junk.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X