Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictured in the video is Alexander Martin Lippisch, a German designer who came to USA after the war under Operation Paperclip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
      Pictured in the video is Alexander Martin Lippisch, a German designer who came to USA after the war under Operation Paperclip.
      An engineer who pioneered the use of Delta wings in high speed flight, whose work inspired several designs in the USA after the war.. I can only hope, but maybe an F-106 or F-102 is on the table!

Comment

• F-106 came from his research in delta wing design.

Comment

• It’s gotta be the F-106! The B-58 just doesn’t seem feasible, does it?

Comment

• What was with the V2 rocket?

Comment

• The V2 was developed in Nazi Germany by some of the same people used in Operation Paperclip. Werner von Braun.... This could be it. Click image for larger version

Name:	thTHIVQ7DY.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	121624 You all know what aircraft is in this picture, right???

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                What was with the V2 rocket?
                Google Operation Paperclip Steve. That’s where we (USA) gathered up German Scientists such as Von Braun and Lippisch, to name a very few.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  What was with the V2 rocket?
                  My guess is it has to do something with Wernher von Braun. He was at the top of the acquisition list for Operation Paperclip
                  The first pic displayed on that Wikipedia link is the same group photo of 104 rocket scientists @ Fort Bliss, TX used in the panorama on the video.
                  Or its just a distraction from the lesser known Richard Vogt who was part of the group and was an aircraft designer infamous for the BV141.
                  This project can go down so many paths that I'm not gonna burn my chemobrain out and just wait 24 hours for the surprise.;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Since they show Lippisch, and his thing was the delta wing design, and Op Paperclip is post WWII, I believe it’s either the Delta Dart or Hustler. Holy crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                      It’s gotta be the F-106! The B-58 just doesn’t seem feasible, does it?
                      Both would be awesome!! Another possibility is the F4D Skyray as well, but I’d prefer to think it’s a Dart.

Comment

• True. The 229 is from WWII. And Paperclip is post, so we will see!!! Charlie is right, this can hurt your brain!!! LOL

Comment

• My heart is telling me that it will be a 64mm in the form of the Dagger or the Dart. I will stick with that!! :Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

• Didn't Alpha just post in here a couple of days ago that the next arrival would NOT be EDF?
                            My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by bill34207 View Post
                              Didn't Alpha just post in here a couple of days ago that the next arrival would NOT be EDF?
                              He gave us a clue about the next warbird, and then said Project Foil was not next, but that doesn't mean the next one isn't an EDF. Just that it's not Project Foil. And since the teaser shows Freewing and not FlightLineRC, I'd say Project Paperclip is an EDF. I'd be happy with an 80mm Skyray or F-106. If it's a 64mm Toss and Boss, I'll probably skip it for now as the F-4 and FlexJet are on the way already.
                              Pat

Comment

• Look at the picture at the beginning of the teaser/trailer. That's Von Braun in the front row, left hand in his pocket, light jacket, dark slacks. Gotta be a german influenced design.

Comment

• I would be all in if it’s a Skyray 80mm take my money, right after the Bronco LOL
                                  Really I’d have to cart the Ford, if it should come first! It didn’t serve very long and never saw combat, but such a cool looking jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                    If it's a 64mm Toss and Boss, I'll probably skip it for now as the F-4 and FlexJet are on the way already.
                                    Same here. The 80 mm line has gotten my attention with these later entries but have no desire for anything smaller.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I really hope it is larger than a 64mm... Bigger is better!!! But I am just thinking from a marketing perspective. The F-4 is out, and Project Foil is coming. That is hopefully a big jet too..... So to fill in the gap, a 64mm would make sense. But I will buy a big one in a heartbeat!:Cool:

Comment

• Project paperclip is Something that is tied to Delta wing - but the video does suggest a Horton is in play.. or a ME-P1101 or Skyray F4D or -F-102/106 Deltas...

I will find the link
                                        Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I found it!!

Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Working...
                                          X