Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be a S2F(Stoof)? About the size of the Tigercat. I'd be in line to buy a couple! My tastes are simple......

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

This one has me intrigued. What is the project name for this one? And I ask in the most polite way possible. :Sacred:
      Paperclip

AMA 424553

Comment

• Five eyes might be the SR-71. R.
        AMA 424553

Comment

• Hoot is definitely the Do-335.
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Hoot, Col William “Hoot” Gibson, As a command fighter pilot, he flew the F-84 E/F/G, F-86, F-100 D/F, RF-101C, RF-4/C and F-4 D/E aircraft, could be a F-100.
            AMA 424553

Comment

• This new release of the P15 looks awesome! I normally stick to the big stuff, but this is one I cannot pass up! What fun. Thanks for another awesome release. Ordered!

Comment

• Hoot Gibson also raced a few at Reno.

Comment

• Hoot lives nearby and often shops at our LHS. He’s a super nice guy.
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Those might be two different "Hoot" Gibson's. The one I'm familiar with was a Naval Aviator who flew F-4's and later F-14's. He then went on to NASA and became a Naval Astronaut. Piloted and commanded several shuttle missions. Now he races at Reno in the Hawker Sea Fury "September Fury".

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                      So, Alpha, can you hint at the date that the big Do-335 will be released? :Sacred:
                      :):):) (hmmmmmm) I'd have to get it,(still dreaming of a 335) I believe a ho229 would also be just a thing of beauty for all to see.Hanger is getting full here but some planes are just a must have for sure, ALWAYS room for just 1 more........
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post

:):):) (hmmmmmm) I'd have to get it,(still dreaming of a 335) I believe a ho229 would also be just a thing of beauty for all to see.Hanger is getting full here but some planes are just a must have for sure, ALWAYS room for just 1 more........
                        Always room for just one more...

i work on an Army Installation. Last year, I was coming through the gate with the back of my Chevy Tahoe filled with warbirds. The gate guard examines my badge, then cranes his neck to see inside and asks, “Sir, do you have enough aircraft in your vehicle?” To which, I replied, “ Hell no, there’s always room for one more.” He smiled, popped a salute and said, “Carry on, Sir.”

There’s always room for one more...

Click image for larger version

Name:	58535AD8-69FE-4D3E-B2AB-8ABCE4716F15.jpeg
Views:	515
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	122079
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Two things kept rolling around my brain last night. First; couldn't the "Hoot" you are all talking about(ie, the clue) be just something as simple as the sound an OWL makes. During WWII the Germans produced a night fighter dubbed The Owl. Just a thought. And, if motion ever does work on the Horten or the 335 my wallet will be smokin'. I would have to add both.

Comment

• THis also would fit the Five Eyes and Foil. The British used Foil to defeat German radar and Five Eyes was, or could be, the reference to the night fighter system of radar and tracking. Again, just a thought.

Comment

• Foil=Window? Five Eyes=can also be camera package, but I like the reference to the ground based guidance for night fighters.

Comment

• As mentioned before, Hoot could be the He-219 Uhu(German for owl). I'd get one.

Comment

• Or this? Been on my bucket list. Even though I don't think many would appreciate it.
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Now the juices are flowing. :)
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Any of them are headed for the hangar here!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                        Or this? Been on my bucket list. Even though I don't think many would appreciate it.
                                        I could appreciate it because it's unique.

Comment

• Hoot = Fast
                                          Foil = Faster
                                          Five Eyes = Finicky

ATRW... sorry, y'all will never guess that one, ever.

Quasi-relevant reading:

Hoot = "High Flight" by John Magee
                                          Foil = "Ozymandias" by Percy Shelley
                                          Five Eyes = "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X