Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandora nose gear plastic housing

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandora nose gear plastic housing

Hey all, had a few "drop in" landings and needless to say I cracked the bracket that houses the nose gear. Everything is in tact, but it flexes when under duress (causing erratic behavior when throttling on takeoff). I was considering just fabricating something similar to a back plate with a window to allow for access of the control arm. Not sure how I would secure it, perhaps use a drill bit to fabricate peg holes and glue into place? I don't see it on the spare parts list, and even if I did, I'm not sure I'd be able to access it without tearing apart the plane. Any advice?

Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
    Hey all, had a few "drop in" landings and needless to say I cracked the bracket that houses the nose gear. Everything is in tact, but it flexes when under duress (causing erratic behavior when throttling on takeoff). I was considering just fabricating something similar to a back plate with a window to allow for access of the control arm. Not sure how I would secure it, perhaps use a drill bit to fabricate peg holes and glue into place? I don't see it on the spare parts list, and even if I did, I'm not sure I'd be able to access it without tearing apart the plane. Any advice?
    The bracket is part of the nose gear. See attached link
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I did a bad job explaining the issue. The housing that the bracket attaches to is what cracked. So now it flexes upon load. I attempted to brace this with some wood, which surely will fail again if I continue to land hard like I have been. I'll figure out another fix later if it's necessary.

And since I had the plane on the bench, I figured why not throw in some flaps?!
      Attached Files

Comment

That should work from what I see. I was going to suggest if that fails to get a piece of aircraft grade aluminum and epoxy it in place. That should work. Good luck!

Roy B.

Comment

I was thinking about that actually. Just wasn't sure where to get it.

Comment

Try your local hobby shop or hardware store they should have some.

Roy B.

Comment

Working...
            X