Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to checkout a video of that 262! That has to be a beautiful sight, as just a 262 in its own right is absolutely a thing of beauty!

Comment

When will someone finally produce a 262? What a beautiful plane! Doc

Comment

Its a work in progress not getting worked on much.

I got scared of it.

This kit was designed for a pair of OS.91VR glow powered ducted fans. appx 12 lb thrust
        I got it and a pair of BVM EVF fans (same actual fan as the glow but electric) 22 lb peak thrust

Then I read about someone sticking in a pair of 13 lb thrust turbines, doing a low pass, aileron roll and ejecting the wings. his top speed was 199 mph. (true by radar)

I started more research and found someone built a twin similar size and weight similar to a Lear Jet (forgot which jet) and at 280 mph blew the tail-planes off at 90% throttle using the same EDFs as I bought.

I'm in wing redesign and planning the other structural mods to make a plane that is intended for 130 mph glow power handle these EDFs.
        Part of that is TRASHING the wing kit and going to foam core, CF reinforced and skinned with aircraft plywood, instead of a nearly all balsa structure, some light plywood ribs with balsa skin.

Wing cores cut.
        Fiberglass fuselage halves joined and sanded. and its sat for a few years.

I haven't figured a strong enough horizontal tail mounting yet.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Testing ideas for the flaps. They move back as they rotate down.

This is the solution.

Deploying flaps at excess airspeed will rip them off...

(wish I was better at posting pics...)

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like FHHuber.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like FHHuber.

FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Looks good to me, yeah I can see those ripping out at higher speed. But I like it

Comment

Oooops... I was thinking of the H-229. Doc

Comment

Working...
              X