You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the overall best Rc plane manufacturer??

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still in the dark on programming, and limitations of what I have. Thanks for all the input. I have more studying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveVanP View Post
      I'm still in the dark on programming, and limitations of what I have. Thanks for all the input. I have more studying to do.
      Go to YouTube and search Spektrum Forward Programming. You'll see lots of good stuff there to educate yourself on the topic. Or go to Horizon Hobby and look up the RXs you are interested in and there will be some videos there explaining for things from you.
      Basically, your DXS is NOT a computerized transmitter (TX) so it can't set up an AS3X/SAFE select receiver (RX) via forward programming (which is done through the TX). You can do it from another computerized TX and then put it into your plane. In case you didn't know already, "AS3X" is the gyro stabilization part of the RX. The gains and priorities need to be dialed in and set for your particular plane (through trial and error and experimentation). "SAFE" is the feature that limits the bank and pitch angles of the plane in flight so you don't accidentally go inverted or go into a loop and possibly stall. "SAFE select" is the ability to switch from AS3X to SAFE and back again.
      Finally, even though you have a 7-channel TX, you don't necessarily have to have a 7-channel RX. You can use any DSM2 or DSMX or DSMP RX from 3-channels to as many as 18 to 20 channels. Your TX will only use up to the first 7. The more channels in the RX, the more they cost. Most planes you buy these days will operate just fine on 6 channels. When you start doing "mixes", that's when you might need more channels but then, your DXS is very limited in that respect.

Comment

I've seen how the TXS (with Upgrade version1.30 and higher)can be changed to 4 different fixed-wing "Profiles" - basic setups that cannot have any settings adjusted. Profile 1 is used for most 4-channel planes, with the 3 basic controls, throttle, as well as the three modes of SAVE/AS3X (Chan. 5 - Beginner/Intermediate/Experienced). Profile 2 re-assigns Ch 5 (3-pos switch) for retracts and activates Switch D (Chan 7, 3-pos.) is used for flaps. There is NO flap/elevator compensation. SAFE is only activated if the Bind/"Panic" button (A) is HELD down. When Sw A is released the plane will revert to "Experienced" Mode. Profiles 3 and 4 are specifically for planes using elevons, mixing of elevator/aileron channels, reversed or normal, in different combinations, required for that particular model plane. There is only one Heli mode, set to work with most "Blade" models (120 and higher). The switches/channels for Hi/Lo Rate and Throttle Hold (Sw F and H) are unchanged in all for Profiles. According to the instructions/videos, after the Profile is set, the plane's receiver is "supposed to" be able to Bind with the DXS (as long as it is compatible with Spektrum DSMX) - The reference page lists specific BNF models, so parameters such as rates for these planes are "pre-programmed" into the various Profiles and cannot be re-set. I can fly my HZ AeroScout in Profile 1, them set it to Profile 2 and bind to an E-Flight P-51... or their "Viper" jet. Once the Profile is set, the TXS will remain in that profile until it is changed, in which case it or course it would require re-binding to the different aircraft's receiver. I'm not sure if attempting this with a plane/heli not listed - even with a Spektrum DXMS receiver - would work...or could it?
        DXS_Preset_Model_Profiles_Instructions.pdf (spektrumrc.com)

Comment

To get the versatility that you need and likely will need, even the cheapest computerized TX will serve you better. The DXS us just too limited.

Comment

I agree with Xviper. A radiomaster or even a Turnigy.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
            X