Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: HK releases their 1600 mm C-47!

Greetings Guys,

I'll be anxious to see one of these in silver.

Here's a couple of quick shots of the OD Green C-47.
    Sorry they're not very good. I used my phone in low light.

Anyway, it should give you a good idea.
    I did get to taxi it around the hood today.
    I used an undersized 3-cell just to get it tweaked in instead of the required 4-cell and it was still quite peppy!

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Attached Files

Comment

WOW, looks better than the videos!!!  Can't wait to hear how it flies!!!..............HONEY!  Bill's gotta new plane!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>.......... :angel: 

Grossman
      Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings G56,

Thanks....

I was hoping to get it in the air during our New Year's Day event but, mother nature had other ideas.

It really isn't quite as ' Grasshopper Green" as it appears in the photos.

Bill L.
        in Okla.

Comment

If I had to pick my all around favorite plane from aviation history, it would be the DC-3. I have only bought from Hobby King when they  had something I just couldn't live without. This may be one of those times! There ARF's have been a challenge to assemble, but I like a challenge. The Doctor

Comment

Doc,
            My silver version is still in the box but I believe it's all bolt together construction. Lots of wiring though. I will add integral switches so that landing lights come on with flaps. Also adding Mr.RC sound to this one. Ordered some transducers from MRC.

Awaiting Callie graphics "Braniff" livery to arrive and for wife to go out of town so I can commandeer the kitchen table.

Hawk
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

dahhawk   One of my greatest fears is that my wife will come home, unannounced from a visit with her family, to find a hobby shop instead of a home! It wouldn't be pretty! The Doctor

Comment

Doc your killing me !! I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing 

Bryan 
                But Crashing is Landing

Comment

You know Bill, the more I look at her, the more I think she needs invasion stripes.  Not only would she stand out better, but it looks soo cool with the stripes

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Greetings G56,

I thought about that but I figured the Dynam version of the C-47 has invasion stripes but no where near as many features and it's smaller.
                    Anyway, I just wanted this one to be a bit different.

Bill L.
                    in Okla.

Comment

Anybody see the Rebranded HK C-47 that BH is selling, You should watch the unbox video on it. It will make you say WTH , when you see all the unwanted stickers that shouldnt be on there .
                      Bananahobby AF-models/BlitzRCworks C-47.Wing: 63”Length: 43.42”Flying weight: 3.7lbsMotor: 2215-960kv brushless Outrunner (2x)ESC: 20 amp (2x)Servos: 9 gram ...

Comment

Wow, this is a really old thread. This "Jungle Skippers" C-47 that was sold by HobbyKing never flew very well in the first place. It was very easy to tip stall, somewhat underpowered and the motors/propellers were a problem for which HobbyKing had to send out updated versions but only if a customer asked for them. I was sent the updated version motors/props but unfortunately, this didn't make the plane any better. I still kept tip stalling it and after the last repair, I gave it away to someone who also could not consistently fly it well. Basically, it was junk and HobbyKing stopped selling it and most customers stopped flying it. It became a "seller" or a "give away" or a static display model. I don't know if Banana is selling this model with the updated motor/props, but I wouldn't be so convinced that it's still not "junk".
                        The long standing Dynam model was a far better airplane and was good value for the money. If you get the new Banana model, come back and tell us what you think of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X