X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No down elevator

I just assembled an Apprentice S 15e and bound the plane to my DX6. All surfaces worked fine as long as no power was applied to the motor. One I powered up, I no longer had down elevator. I moved switches around thinking maybe I did some wrong. I even rebound the radio to the plane. I still do not have down elevator. What do you think? Receiver problem or am I missing a step?

I just checked another forum and others explain a similar thing occurring with no down elevator. It appears the receiver has something to do with this when in Beginner Mode or Panic Mode, but not sure which one (or maybe both). I don’t ’own the Apprentice though and unfortunately cannot give first hand experience info.

Comment

I assume that this plane has the AS3X receiver in it. The reason things change when you give it throttle is because AS3X doesn't initialize till you give it about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Then the stability and other "beginner" functions activate. Take the plane in hand and move it around after you initialize the Rx. Do the control surfaces react to the movement to try to level the plane? If so, it's likely acting normally. Select a level above "beginners". You should then see that all control surfaces, including the elevator, will respond to the sticks.
      Make sure that you've programmed all switches according to the manual for your DX6 and understand what each position does. Go back and double check. Also, might be a good idea to read ALL of the manual.

Comment

1.) Read the manual
        2.) Read the manual
        3.) Read the manual

Then get some help from an experienced owner or LHS to assist. ( Bring the manual)
        Best to have someone with experience fly it without beginner modes to make sure it is set up properly, then check them at altitude.
        Not the other way.
        Then make adjustments.

Comment

Thank you guys. I did all that was recommended and still no joy. I called Motion RC and went through the procedure with a tech on the phone. Apparently there is an issue with the receiver. The plane is new and never been flown. They are sending a new plane and I will return mine in their box. By they way. I always read the manuals through and through; 20 years flying RC but never flown electrics.

Comment

In Beginner mode, control inputs are limited. Check actual movements in advanced mode.

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
              In Beginner mode, control inputs are limited. Check actual movements in advanced mode.
              Limited does not = 0.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Limited does not = 0.
                Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Hipshoot87 View Post
                  Thank you, guys. I did all that was recommended and still no joy. 20 years flying RC but never flown electrics.
                  HS87, Welcome to the "Squawk" and to Man vs. Electrons. I'm new to this facet of RC myself. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I suspected from the title of your post that this would be about the Apprentice. I had the same issue. After I activated the throttle to 25% I had control. In beginner mode, the down elevator is very minimal and nearly imperceptible.

Comment

Working...
                    X