You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

I decided to start this new thread to focus more on Propeller Airplanes that people would like to see next that might not have seen the “What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next” thread over in the EDF section because they might mostly have an interest in Propeller Airplanes.
    So what new FlightlineRC models would you like to see that would be realistically possible, popular to more than a few just a few individuals and that has not been done in foam yet?

Here are a few of the top requested Prop models from the other thread that might already be in development.

OV-10 Bronco
    Do-335
    B-29 Superfortress
    C-130

Here are the airplanes I would like to see.

A-29 Super Tucano. ( Day 1 buy for me! )
    E-2 Hawkeye
    Grumman S2 Tracker or any of the many other variants.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A-29 Super Tucano 2 Resized.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	152524
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
      Here are the airplanes I would like to see.

A-29 Super Tucano. ( Day 1 buy for me! )
      E-2 Hawkeye
      Grumman S2 Tracker or any of the many other variants.

Name:	A-29 Super Tucano 2 Resized.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	152524
      B-29
      B-36 A,B, or C

Comment

I would love to see some contemporary civil planes added to our collection like the Diamond DA42 (below) but I know there's licensing issues that could restrict or even prevent that from happening unfortunately. Too bad because there's a ton of great-looking civil planes that would make fantastic models. I would love to see us come out with a nice scale, large BF-109, Stuka among others. Not sure if there's much profit in it but I would love to see us offer a nice WWI class as well.

Name:	Diamond DA42 Twinstar ex pic_tcm87-4227.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	152535
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

B-29
          B-36 A,B, or C
          The B-29 is already one the top requested list. But the B-36 is massive and with it's 6X prop engines and its 4X turbojet engines it would make this a very complex model to do in foam within the limitations of 1600mm and to keep it a decent price.
          Even as impressive as this scratch build is it makes you cringe that it might crash. This particular model has only been tested but has yet to fly.

Comment

I would also love to see more civil airplanes. That Diamond DA42 looks sweet! I would like to see the Piaggio P180 Avanti.

Name:	Piaggio P180 Avanti  01.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	152539

Comment

B-29 Superfortress
              Cessna 336/337O-2 Skymaster
              A-26 with optional glass or gun nose
              A-1 Skyraider

The B-29 and O-2 are the on the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                B-29 Superfortress
                Cessna 336/337O-2 Skymaster
                A-26 with optional glass or gun nose
                A-1 Skyraider

The B-29 and O-2 are the on the top of my list.
                The Skymaster is a very unique twin engine airplane that could be done up in either a civil and military liveries. This airplane could be quite popular.

Name:	Cessna 337 skymaster.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	152544

Comment

The Skymaster is a very unique twin engine airplane that could be done up in either a civil and military liveries. This airplane could be quite popular.[/ATTACH]
                  AGREED ;) Sorely miss the 80" O-2 that was fire consumed :Crying: A Flight Line 2000mm would be freakin AWESOME:Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I would love to see a Flightline F4U Corsair or a Flightline A1 Skyraider or a Flightline F6F Hellcat with nice set of landing gear. Something about the twisting gear on those models really get me.

Comment

I want a 1600mm hellcat and 1600mm OV10

Comment

Yeah, the appeal of the O-2 makes it seem like a no-brainer, yet very few have been made. It fits for civilian, fits for military, fits for twin engine fliers, fits for those who want a high wing, and generally everyone likes it. No doubt the retracts could be an issue, but it wouldn't deter me if it came with fixed gear that looked scale. The tricycle landing gear would also be great for grass fields. There aren't too many single airframes that would appeal to such a wide group of pilots.

Comment

The B-29 is already one the top requested list. But the B-36 is massive and with it's 6X prop engines and its 4X turbojet engines it would make this a very complex model to do in foam within the limitations of 1600mm and to keep it a decent price.
                          Even as impressive as this scratch build is it makes you cringe that it might crash. This particular model has only been tested but has yet to fly.

The reason I quoted those specific models of the B-36 is because they DID NOT have jet pods when produced. Even so, to make it cheapest, you'd have fake jet pods and only four working engines with the outboard
                          ones freewheeling, or make it with "six turning". And I'd like a 12 or 1400 de Havilland Mosquito, or de Havilland Hornet.

Comment

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                            Yeah, the appeal of the O-2 makes it seem like a no-brainer, yet very few have been made. It fits for civilian, fits for military, fits for twin engine fliers, fits for those who want a high wing, and generally everyone likes it. No doubt the retracts could be an issue, but it wouldn't deter me if it came with fixed gear that looked scale. The tricycle landing gear would also be great for grass fields. There aren't too many single airframes that would appeal to such a wide group of pilots.
                            They could do the retracts similarly to how flyzone did the seawind system and it would still have a sweet look to it.

Comment

A big (2000mm at least) beautiful C-130!!

Comment

Yes i think 2000mm is good for 4 engine planes, but not twins.

Comment

I’d really like to see a B-29 or a 1600 mm Bf-109 to go along with the Spitfire. I’d be happy with either but both would be better

Comment

What you all just SAID.... ;)
                                    AMA 424553

Comment

WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE!:Scared:

Comment

The full scale O2 / C-337 retract system (like the C-182 RG) uses cables to pull the retracts up, gravity drop most of the way down then cable pulls it into the locked position.

The answer for RC would be similar to the Freewing F-14 solution. Just swing them in a non-scale manner. (using gear doors on the C-337
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                        X