You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Evoman;n152517} So what new FlightlineRC models would you like to see that would be realistically possible, popular to more than a few just a few individuals and that has not been done in foam yet?[/QUOTE]

E, Dittos on the Warbirds; a 1600mm Bf-109 and the 1600mm Grumman F6F would be fabulous. Although I understand there has been a foam B-17, I would still like to see one done to match the 2000mm B-24 Liberator in size, quality, and performance. As for more current aircraft, I'd like to see a 1600mm Beechcraft T-6C Texan 2. Seems like that would be a great flying aircraft and it is really a looker. Might get some younger guys fired up for a performance prop-driven aircraft... Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	t-6b-texan-ii-vt-6-jp-2242.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	152584
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

1600mm zero, 2000mm ov-10 or a mosquito would be awesome

Comment

No twins over 1600mm period.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          No twins over 1600mm period.
          How about maybe an O-2 @ 2000 :P;)LOL
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

B-29 Superfortress ~2400mm span
            A-26 Invader ~1600mm
            C-47 w/scale gear ~1700mm
            F6F Hellcat either 1200mm or 1600mm
            PBY Catalina w/retracts 1700mm
            Grumman Goose w/retracts
            Martin Mars
            MQ-9 Reaper

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

How about maybe an O-2 @ 2000 :P;)LOL
              Sure why not. :PLOL

Comment

Please do a 1600mm T-34C Turbo Mentor in the white and red training scheme!

Comment

You notice a clear message here MRC? Many of us find it important to have the retractable gear option on our flying boats.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                    There could be a chance of there being T-34 but it would most likely be in the 1200mm range. All of the bigger 1600mm models I have seen so far have been of more popular airplanes that are guaranteed to sell well. This is because larger models are more costly to develop and manufacture. So if model might have low volume sales it will be a low return on that big investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

There could be a chance of there being T-34 but it would most likely be in the 1200mm range. All of the bigger 1600mm models I have seen so far have been of more popular airplanes that are guaranteed to sell well. This is because larger models are more costly to develop and manufacture. So if model might have low volume sales it will be a low return on that big investment.
                      Much agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                        PhantomNut, Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

PhantomNut, Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Best, LB
                          Thanks LB, glad to be here!

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk PhantomNut. Great to have new people coming aboard!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

While I am planning one of these as a scratch build, would make a nice production model. Cirrus may be more popular but these beat them every way possible in the real world of flying.
                              That said, C-119, Convair T-29 or the civil equivalents would be great. Some of course made popular by movies, etc. C-123 Con Air was special. Have never seen anyone market any prop liner - so it would be a first!
                              Unless of course you count the DC-3.

Comment

Add to my previous, the EMB-120 since it is still my favorite plane to fly.

Comment

WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE! WE WANT SILVERPLATE!:Scared:

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                    While I am planning one of these as a scratch build, would make a nice production model. Cirrus may be more popular but these beat them every way possible in the real world of flying.
                                    That said, C-119, Convair T-29 or the civil equivalents would be great. Some of course made popular by movies, etc. C-123 Con Air was special. Have never seen anyone market any prop liner - so it would be a first!
                                    I had to go to Pennsylvania last week on a small jet. Not use to riding on such a small frail plane, (it was a Cessna Citation XL). I took a turn in the right seat for a couple of hours going and coming, not much to do though. Was really surprised how solid it felt. Wouldn't let me take off and land, (Kind of a let down, d^^m Civilians). But we had to stop going and coming in Kansas for fuel, (Don't ask me where in Kansas, because honestly I wasn't paying any attention). But I was sitting in the back, and saw this. I woke up and snapped these picts. It's in the back ground so you'll have to look closely. I ask the FBO operator on the way back, and they said the owner has been working on this plane for 10 years running. It looked really good and solid from what I could tell, (from afar). Looked air worthy, but who knows, LOL.

This would make a really nice model. MRC! really, really nice model! guaranteed winner here. FYI. "Alpha" ??

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Welcome to the Squawk PhantomNut. Great to have new people coming aboard!!

Grossman56
                                      Thanks Grossman56!

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                        The Meridian is a nice plane and would be a good model. I think a TBM 850 would be pretty sweet too or maybe a nice King Air!

Comment

A1 Skyraider Click image for larger version

Name:	Douglas A1 Skyraider (1).png
Views:	463
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	153101

Porsche Mooney Click image for larger version

Name:	Porsche Mooney (3).jpg
Views:	460
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	153102

Spartan Executive Click image for larger version

Name:	Spartan Executive (10).JPG
Views:	429
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	153103

Grumman J2F Duck Click image for larger version

Name:	Grumman J2F Duck (1).jpg
Views:	444
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	153104

Comment

Working...
                                          X