You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to an OV-10, OK. But you do know this plane replaced a Skymaster, and the Skymaster replaced a Bird Dog. Just sayin man. OV-10 is cool and all, and it is quite a bit more plane than the other two. But I guess you could have mounted a missile on the other two, too.

Woody

Silver Plate is cool too. Would probably fly well, but no better than an Electra.

Comment

Just hope we will be able to fly or afford whatever comes next after tomorrows vote in Congress. .

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        Just hope we will be able to fly or afford whatever comes next after tomorrows vote in Congress. .
        Are you referring to the tariffs or the FAA rules change? From what I understand, the tariffs are going to be 10-20%, so the F-105 goes from $98 to $108. Might put a dent in the 80 mm and above market, unless there's an exemption for hobbies. But the bigger question is where is the money from the tariffs going? Is it going to things like the Small Business Administration, or just in the "general fund" to build more "bridges to nowhere"? It's the FAA that's more troubling to me more because one of the rules changes involves a written test and other things, which sounds awfully like a setup similar to the local DMV, and we all know how well THAT works.

Comment

The faa thing is what i was referring to. Im not worried with tariffs

Comment

German bombers?? Then we definitely have to include………….
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_29711.png
Views:	292
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	153542

:Cool: :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Yes totally agree Gman! :Cool:

Comment

2000mm, it would be SWEET!!
                Team Gross!

Comment

Yeaaah but it would put me out on getting one for sure, but that's all good

Comment

Why not bring back a 1600mm zero... Grass field capable is a must...

Name:	A6M5_wider-pic-brdr.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	153745

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      German bombers?? Then we definitely have to include………….

Name:	image_29711.png
Views:	292
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	153542

:Cool: :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Grossman56
                      +1 on He111,needs to be in scale with the 1600 spit.

Think about the HE bieng chased xown the runway by the Spit:Drooling:

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

+1 on He111,needs to be in scale with the 1600 spit.

Think about the HE bieng chased xown the runway by the Spit:Drooling:
                        Never happen in scale to the 1600 Spitty since the HE111 has a span twice that :Straight-Face:
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

But with the 1200, more believable.

Comment

that would have to be a big He 111, but a 2000 mm would be great
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Slack day at work, 19 people just got laid off, really sucks, in case you're wondering what I'm doing here at this hour.....
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Yeah I got a little carried away with the same scale:Thinking:but it would be great at 2000mm ummm and not made by Dynam please:Straight-Face:

Comment

Slack day at work, 19 people just got laid off, really sucks, in case you're wondering what I'm doing here at this hour.....
                                  My condolences. Never been laid off, but have had hours cut. Hope you go back soon so you can get that Heinkel when it comes out.

Comment

Dan.....so sorry my friend. I went through that :Poo:twice. It always feels like a sucker punch:Angry:
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                                      Why not bring back a 1600mm zero... Grass field capable is a must...

Click image for larger version  Name:	A6M5_wider-pic-brdr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	153745

The Zero is one of my all time favorites. I still think the original FMS 1400mm Zero remains one of the best flying foam MP warbirds I've ever flown, period. And I've flown, without exaggeration, nearly all of them. I'd wager that many pilots who flew one would agree it's a sweetheart.

Sadly, another fact cannot be ignored: All data we have point to Zeros and other Japanese warbirds, in any foam size over the past five years, struggling to break even. From a manufacturer's investment point of view, it's impossible for me to convince them that the sixth time's the charm. For whatever reason, the market voted with their wallets against further Japanese warbirds. At least until newer warbirds have been done and the cycle begins anew. Meanwhile, T-28s, Cubs and Mustangs continue to sell, sell, sell.

As a modeler (not as a developer), I too want to see new, never before modeled aircraft. But as a developer, I'm telling y'all straight, supporting "left field" products that are on the market now is always the most powerful way of influencing manufacturers to continue to push outside the Classics in the future. Otherwise the temptation (and economics) to continue with the Same is understandably difficult to ignore.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Dan I didn’t catch this when I first read your post sorry to hear it. I understand your situation completely I used to get laid off occasionally with a good paying job I had years back but I was younger and getting work was easier. Finally I got tired of it and moved on it actually worked out a lot better in the end. I hope something similar happens for you and it works out to be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

Send you a PM, Dan
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X