You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, I think that would be cool. Couldn't ever like Vodoo, Can't like the purple, LOL. I'm sure many would love it though.

Woody

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Heinkel He115 Floatplane....jpg
Views:	600
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	154415 He115 Twin Engine Floatplane...

FW190 in winter clothing....Click image for larger version

Name:	Focke Wulf 190A Walter Nowotny.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	154413

Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 215.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	154414 CL 215 without the water....

Comment

• Very nice, i like the winter 190 :)

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Very nice, i like the winter 190 :)
          It is cool; literally. It was Walter Nowotny's Eastern Front FW that he used to score many victories against the Ruskies. The Green Heart symbolizes the highly forested state of Thuringia in the middle of Germany. The Green Hearts were the Fuhrer's protection pilots...As far as I recall. Personally, I wasn't there; I just read that...lol...I see that Motion RC is extending it's livery offerings now which is good. That allows them to stretch out the sales of popular planes while they nervously decide which ones to emulate next....It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it right?.....

Comment

• Absolutely, glad its them not me haha!

Comment

• Parkzone micro Mosquito got a bad reputation, mainly (I believe) because it was impossible to get the CG to where it would fly correctly using the battery supplied.

Mine is modified for a pair of 200 mah 1S in parallel instead of the single 250 mah.

Next to solve is the need for differential ailerons. It has really bad adverse yaw at low speed. (common for deep under-chambered wings of the micros)
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                Parkzone micro Mosquito got a bad reputation, mainly (I believe) because it was impossible to get the CG to where it would fly correctly using the battery supplied.

Mine is modified for a pair of 200 mah 1S in parallel instead of the single 250 mah.

Next to solve is the need for differential ailerons. It has really bad adverse yaw at low speed. (common for deep under-chambered wings of the micros)
                Now that I remember I think the FW version was also a bit of a pain to get the CG right. It seems like the Mosquito is just one of those models that is not easy to get right.

Comment

• Mine seems to fly ok... i just dont have the radio anymore to fly it.

Comment

• Got well over 400 flights on my PZ Mossie. She's looking pretty battle tested though.

Comment

• I would also love to see a FlightLine Corsair in the same size as the Spitfire :-)

Comment

• Lol, me too.

Woody

Comment

• Caught part of the movie "American Made" on one of the movie channels last night and thought an Aerostar would make a fun RC plane. That was a beautiful civilian twin and would translate well into a RC plane. Not sure of how big the market would be for a civilian twin, compared to the 336/337/O-2 that has both civilian and military markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                            Parkzone micro Mosquito got a bad reputation, mainly (I believe) because it was impossible to get the CG to where it would fly correctly using the battery supplied.

It was quite the handful, and why I keep away from planes that load the battery through the nose or on the bottom. Toploaders are much easier to balance and adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                              Caught part of the movie "American Made" on one of the movie channels last night and thought an Aerostar would make a fun RC plane. That was a beautiful civilian twin and would translate well into a RC plane. Not sure of how big the market would be for a civilian twin, compared to the 336/337/O-2 that has both civilian and military markets.
                              I'd love to see a civilian multi. Like a Seminole or a Baron or something bigger like a King Air!

Comment

• Yes, there was an OV-10 at Joe Nall/Motion, I was sure it was a teaser about things to come, but they denied it... And it was obviously a plane that had been around for a while, but... sure got me wondering!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'd love to see a civilian multi. Like a Seminole or a Baron or something bigger like a King Air!
                                  I like the way you're thinking here. I believe a King Air 200 model would fly really well. The longer tail moment and the T-tail, I think would work great. How ever if given the choice, I would prefer a Mitsubishi MU-2, commonly known as a, "Rice Rocket". It had this name much earlier than when they started referring to Japanese motorcycles. I honestly think it was the original coined term. Once again it would have to be the larger longer one, and forget about making it original with spoilerons, and just simply put traditional ailerons on it. THe MU-2 didn't have ailerons, and flying it with spoilerons was a very different experience. This was a little plane had pretty extreme performance for a Turbo Prop Civilian Aircraft. Not many planes in it's class would keep up with it. But if they were going to do a civi plane, this would be a good one in my opinion.

Woody

Comment

• That and/or a twin otter would be great too!

Comment

• Yeah, a King Air would be awesome! One flew into the local airport while we were flying at our club field. The King Air was just stunning coming in on final approach on a summer night. The Seminole would be another good option. I always kind of liked the Dynam civilian twin (Grand Cruiser?), but the quality of some of the Dynam stuff limited my interest. The UMX Aero Commander remains on my list of planes I wouldn't mind owning if I find a great deal on a pre-owned one. A larger twin with retracts would really be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                                        Yeah, a King Air would be awesome! One flew into the local airport while we were flying at our club field. The King Air was just stunning coming in on final approach on a summer night. The Seminole would be another good option. I always kind of liked the Dynam civilian twin (Grand Cruiser?), but the quality of some of the Dynam stuff limited my interest. The UMX Aero Commander remains on my list of planes I wouldn't mind owning if I find a great deal on a pre-owned one. A larger twin with retracts would really be nice.
                                        Don't bother with the Aero Commander. While it might have been my set-up or "rustiness" I had some serious problems with it. And unless you belly-land, order extra nose wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          That and/or a twin otter would be great too!
                                          Welp, HobbyKing does have an Avios Bush Mule, which to me is very Twin Otter like. I would actually think a scale Twin Otter would be very cool. Probably a really nice flying plane to boot. If they got that thing right, you could in theory fly it pretty slow. I will probably get that Bush Mule eventually. But I already have the Durifly Tundra in the box. Figure I better build and fly that first.

Ya know Rman, I got me one of those 1M Wildcats from Parkzone. Mostly because I wanted something I could carry in my truck and fly on a moments notice. Found a park near my house and was having a ball with it until I did something stupid, and tried a trim adjustment in a turn. Had a mind fart I guess, (happens to us older folks, LOL). Then had a minor crash. Didn't even break the prop, just bent it too much to use again. The front cowl is like it's made out of china dish ware. Shattered of course. But let me tell ya man, that thing fly's superb. Just very very fragile. Wont take any punishment what so ever. I was bummed. So I worked off and on most of the day Sunday piecing that cowl back together. Now I can't find a prop anywhere on earth. I usually purchase as a rule at least 3 or 4 spare props when I order something like this, but they didn't have any at the time, still don't. It's kind of a special prop, fat on the tip and skinny at the hub. Wont be purchasing any new planes any more that don't have spare propellers available at the time of purchase. Personally you think Horizon would have planned for that. But I was really excited about how well it flew. Almost exactly like a Dynam Hellcat, little smaller, but just a ton of fun to fly.

Sorry about the speel everyone.

Best Regards
                                          Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X