You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1090769-13441-31-pristine.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	155899 this would make a nice plane, fixed gear, no retract problems. it is a prototype for the A5 m3 i think?
    I don't care much for the paint scheme, but that could be anything

Comment

• Has there been a project name released for the next Flightline product yet?

Comment

• :Not-Talking:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	1090769-13441-31-pristine.jpg Views:	1 Size:	19.1 KB ID:	155899 this would make a nice plane, fixed gear, no retract problems. it is a prototype for the A5 m3 i think?
          I don't care much for the paint scheme, but that could be anything
          If you prefer a fixed gear warbird the Ju 87 Stucka might be your best bet as it would be guaranteed to sell well for a good return on the investment to develop it. If they are able to include the dive siren it would be a hot seller.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ju 87 Stucka.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	155957

Comment

• my fav fixed gear warbird is a jap aiche val.....

Comment

• I want a 1905 Wright Flyer(the world's first practical airplane and not a kit but a bind-n-fly or PNP. Can it please come in something like a 44" wingspan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
                I want a 1905 Wright Flyer(the world's first practical airplane and not a kit but a bind-n-fly or PNP. Can it please come in something like a 44" wingspan?

No, you don’t. There’s nothing fun about an airplane that is looking for a place to crash.

Comment

• Like heading to the field after taking some oxycontin. Just isnt gonna end well.

Comment

• The Wright Flyers were all terribly unstable... Only years of practice controlling kite mock-ups allowed the Wright Brothers to succeed.

You especially do not want scale roll control, since it is wing warping with massive adverse yaw.

The airplane had "Anhedral" or reverse of dihedral... making it try to roll inverted when rudder was applied. Failure to coordinate the turn with rudder and wing warp was a guaranteed way to plant the airplane in the dirt.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      Like heading to the field after taking some oxycontin. Just isnt gonna end well.
                      Guaranteed to break something...

Comment

• Exactly brother

Comment

• The Wright Flyer is not exactly a practical airplane. It was more of a bare bones test bed.

Comment

• Prettymuch all pre-WWI aircraft were sketchy at best.

Not enough was known about what actually made airplanes work. Not enough was understood about the loads on the structures imposed by doing even basic maneuvers. And making an engine that could produce enough power while being light enough was a serious problem.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Wright Flyer 0f 1905. The worlds 1sr practical airplane … Not a kit but I would like a BNF or PNP. 44" 30 inch wingspan or greater

Comment

• Not a practical rc rc model

Comment

• "Practical in the sense that it was the 1st airplane to have controllability and maneuverability figured out. On previous Wright flyers they were still trying to perfect turning and maneuvering. The 1905 Flyer had it all figured out.

Comment

• Now they have the F 22 selling maybe they will get on with the A 26/ B 26 Invader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                      Now they have the F 22 selling maybe they will get on with the A 26/ B 26 Invader.
                                      You misspelled ov-10

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
                                        I want a 1905 Wright Flyer(the world's first practical airplane and not a kit but a bind-n-fly or PNP. Can it please come in something like a 44" wingspan?

An outfit out of OH called radical rc had a couple of versions. One was based of the old GWS Slo Stick. The second had depron wings and was more scale like. I had the Slo stick version, and it flew well enough. It looked pretty cool in the air, but takeoffs were problematic. Hand launching the thing was hard because of all the sticks and the rear props. I heard something about some guys rigging a sled using skateboards.

You might try looking up radical rc and see if they are still making the depron version

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

You misspelled ov-10

;)
                                          LOLLOLLOLLOL Great one!

Comment

Working...
                                          X