You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Propeller models would you like to see next?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo..............So what is your thought on what the limiting factor is??
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• This Cessna flys beautifully off turf. No issues at all for it.

Comment

• I would like to see more civilian types also. My Mu-2 is foam and glass and flies very well, and is something different!
        paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Ps2727 View Post
          I would like to see more civilian types also. My Mu-2 is foam and glass and flies very well, and is something different!
          paul
          Nice model, the MU-2 is a cool airplane.

Comment

• I have seen his MU 2 up close and it does fly well.
            that would make a nice civilian bird for Flightline to build.
            Also the large Wheels on the A 26 Invader would work well on grass fields if they should come out with that warbird.

Comment

• Draco

A-1

Comment

• I had been thinking of other twin engine civilian airplanes that would be good candidates to offer another alternative to the ONLY other option the Dynam 310 Grand Cruiser. And as I was watching a clip from the movie American Made I thought why not the Piper Aerostar 600!
                I am sure plenty of other RC pilots out there attempt short takes off's from short runways all the time anyways! lol Who else would be interested in an Aerostar?

Movie clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmLLBZnvDg

Click image for larger version  Name:	pa60601_josemunoz.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.9 KB ID:	173247

Comment

• I am trying to find out what would be a good twin prop civilian airplane that would interest most.

Here are are some past suggestions.

Beechcraft King Air
                  Beechcraft starship

Comment

• How about a couple of Vietnam era FAC aircraft that have been almost completely ignored? I am referring to the L-19/O-1 Bird Dog and the O-2A!! My Dad flew the L-19 and I would love a model of her complete with the famous 60 degree "Barn Door" flaps that allowed her to dang near hover! Oh I wish someone would do these two great aircraft. They would be so fun to fly!!

Comment

• And some pics for those unfamiliar with the aircraft: 1st, the L-19/O-1
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Cessna_O-1A_Bird_Dog_US_Army_in_flight.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	178668

Next, the O-2A

Name:	O-2_Skymaster-1_(cropped).jpg
Views:	357
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	178669

So, whaddya think guys? Any takers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                        I am trying to find out what would be a good twin prop civilian airplane that would interest most.
                        Grumman Goose!

Comment

• The Grumman Goose would be a perfect candidate for new seaplane with working retracts because of its simplicity. :Cool:

Comment

• QUOTE=727 Dude;n178667]

Next, the O-2A
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	O-2_Skymaster-1_(cropped).jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	178669

So, whaddya think guys? Any takers?

[/QUOTE]

There has been some interest in a Cessna 336 / 337 / O-2 Skymaster complete with working retracts. Its a very unique airplane.

Comment

• Please, please, please return the Douglas A1 Skyraider in one form or another. Maybe the truth is that this plane is not well liked. Maybe it's too "proprietary" or too ugly for people to accept as a new FlightlLine or Freewing version. They no longer exist as an RC foamie model and maybe they just never hit the right nerve...

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post
                                Please, please, please return the Douglas A1 Skyraider in one form or another. Maybe the truth is that this plane is not well liked. Maybe it's too "proprietary" or too ugly for people to accept as a new FlightlLine or Freewing version. They no longer exist as an RC foamie model and maybe they just never hit the right nerve...
                                Hey Airhead, you may be in luck mate. You have several options available for an A-1 SkyRaider. First is the little A-1 made by TopRC. I got mine from General Hobby, but it can be had else where. It's 800mm, small little thing, but very well done, and it fly's great! Have to be careful on take off as it's swinging a huge 4 bladed prop in relationship to it's size, so smooth, right rudder take offs are a must with this one. Once in the air it fly's really nice. As a matter of fact I keep it in the back seat of my truck and take it every where I go. One of my favorite planes, I can fly it almost anywhere.

If you check the HSDGO.com web site they appear to have a few of the HSD 1600mm A-1 kits still in stock. It's a kit so you'll have to fit it out with your preferred components. My good forum friend, "F22trainer" posted a link right here in this thread for a company that offered a verity of beautiful very large A-1 Skyraiders with wooden pre-built construction.

So it gives my heart gratitude that some have felt it was worth preserving in the RC modeling world. Flightline could easily have this one in it's stable if it chose to do so. I believe the A-1 SkyRaider replaced the Corsairs during the Korean conflict. Corsairs were heavily being used for ground attack aircraft in the beginning of the conflict. The Skyraider could carry a lot more bombs, missiles, and ammunition. If I was on the opposing side, I wouldn't like seeing them approach the battle field, they were a beast in the air.

I believe FMS has the mold and the tooling to produce these right now today. Kicker is who ever chooses to offer this beautiful plane has to make a quantity purchase of at least 500 planes minimum. Motion, "could" do their magic to this kit, lights, Corsair landing gear, etc, and have a winner for sure. (this is all opinion) It might not sell early on as well as they would like. But alas it's their company, and their money not mine.

One last thing, the 1600mm A-1 sounds amazing! That huge 4 bladed prop it turns makes a sound all it's own. You have to hear one too believe it.

Best Regards
                                Woody

I too would like Flightline/Freewing to do this, but I think they're busy with an F-35 that really isn't my cup of tea. : ).

Comment

• Oscar Duece would a cool twin as would the King Air, Starship, and Piaggio Avanti.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Hey Airhead, you may be in luck mate. You have several options available for an A-1 SkyRaider. First is the little A-1 made by TopRC. I got mine from General Hobby, but it can be had else where. It's 800mm, small little thing, but very well done, and it fly's great! Have to be careful on take off as it's swinging a huge 4 bladed prop in relationship to it's size, so smooth, right rudder take offs are a must with this one. Once in the air it fly's really nice. As a matter of fact I keep it in the back seat of my truck and take it every where I go. One of my favorite planes, I can fly it almost anywhere.

If you check the HSDGO.com web site they appear to have a few of the HSD 1600mm A-1 kits still in stock. It's a kit so you'll have to fit it out with your preferred components. My good forum friend, "F22trainer" posted a link right here in this thread for a company that offered a verity of beautiful very large A-1 Skyraiders with wooden pre-built construction.

So it gives my heart gratitude that some have felt it was worth preserving in the RC modeling world. Flightline could easily have this one in it's stable if it chose to do so. I believe the A-1 SkyRaider replaced the Corsairs during the Korean conflict. Corsairs were heavily being used for ground attack aircraft in the beginning of the conflict. The Skyraider could carry a lot more bombs, missiles, and ammunition. If I was on the opposing side, I wouldn't like seeing them approach the battle field, they were a beast in the air.

I believe FMS has the mold and the tooling to produce these right now today. Kicker is who ever chooses to offer this beautiful plane has to make a quantity purchase of at least 500 planes minimum. Motion, "could" do their magic to this kit, lights, Corsair landing gear, etc, and have a winner for sure. (this is all opinion) It might not sell early on as well as they would like. But alas it's their company, and their money not mine.

One last thing, the 1600mm A-1 sounds amazing! That huge 4 bladed prop it turns makes a sound all it's own. You have to hear one too believe it.

Best Regards
                                    Woody

I too would like Flightline/Freewing to do this, but I think they're busy with an F-35 that really isn't my cup of tea. : ).
                                    Well, thank you Woody for that insight! I remember the ESM balsa A1 models and the launch of the HSD 1600 model. That was supposed to be what folks wanted to fly. I remember BH had videos and there was fanfare, but the landing gear and wheels looked like a set from an old Victorian gurney! Kinda killed the look of it, but it was a big bird with that four bladed scale prop you mentioned. I wanted to try one, but I waited and then, before I knew it, it was obsolete! "Out Of Stock!" Same thing happened to the Durafly 1100mm A1 Skyraider; but I did manage to get one and some parts. I have flown mine many times and she's still intact. I do have it on display and it's "flight ready" any time; but I don't want to lose her. It's rare. Unfortunately, I'm not up on the smaller planes. I think, if anything, a 1200mm model should join the warbird selection. Almost everything has made it to 1200mm and they do sell!

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                      Oscar Duece would a cool twin as would the King Air, Starship, and Piaggio Avanti.
                                      I would love to see a pusher prop aircraft like the Starship or Piaggio Avanti. One advantage would be that the props, shafts, motors and mounts would be less prone to damage incase of a crash.

Name:	Piaggio P180 Avanti  01.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	178834

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                                        I would love to see a pusher prop aircraft like the Starship or Piaggio Avanti. One advantage would be that the props, shafts, motors and mounts would be less prone to damage in case of a crash
                                        EM, Very Cool. I have a little seat time in a Beechcraft Starship...I was younger and better lookin' then. LOL Best, LB

Name:	Starship.JPG
Views:	842
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	178878
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	stagship.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	178920I would take a Starship or a Staggerwing. Why not both?

Comment

Working...
                                          X