You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as too many planes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Alpha, if the F4 grey was in stock and my truck didn't tires there would be 5th one on its way. [I can hear my wife's eyes rolling, less room in the garage].

Comment

Well I have bought my last plane (a Dynam C188 'Dusty') as I have too many planes and I have very little flight time due to my job. I have a Bearcat that hasn't seen the sky in over a year! I'm still going to fly as much as I can as time allows. I plan to fly the Dusty behind my house since I have semi smooth runway in my back field and acres of farmland to fly over.

Comment

I have been mulling this question around in my head as of late, and finally came up with an answer. You can never have too many options to fly on the weekend! Running out of space? Reorganize! I built myself 3 racks with a total capacity of 36 planes 12 on each rack without double stacking.

When I ran out of room, I built two more each adding 18 planes storage capacity. Total capacity of my new storage facility, 72 planes without double stacking. I also moved the racks into a room 1/3 the size of the previous room. Never quit!😂🙃
        Attached Files

Comment

Now I can get some of these hangar queens out of their boxes and built!
          Attached Files

Comment

Terrible picture, I'll have to take another one. I transport on average 14 planes when I go so every bird in my hangar gets exercised atleast once every 6 weeks.
            Attached Files

Comment

You don't realize how many planes you have until you go to move..... This isn't the way they are normally stored. They're just staged for the upcoming move. These are just what's in temp hangar room one of two. Hangar two has at least another 20+ and several ARFs and kits still in boxes. And thats why I'm moving to a bigger house.

Now, in all fairness, these aren't all mine. Several have been built and are flown by my wife.

I just looked at the third picture with the Lazy Bee fuselage leaning up againt the Me-262 wings, and I got inspired! What could go wrong????

Click image for larger version  Name:	Move3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	265320Click image for larger version  Name:	Move1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	265321Click image for larger version  Name:	Move2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	265322

Comment

Originally posted by jordan1387 View Post
                I've seen threads like this a lot before on other websites and I'd like to start one of my own. I feel like I'm going crazy with the number of planes I want..a year and a half ago I planned on only having ultra micros because they were small and cheap and fun. But of course that plan changed. I only have 8 planes right now but I have about 20 more that I would like someday bookmarked on my computer. Just a couple months ago there were only around 10 more that I wanted but my list keeps getting bigger and bigger. Even though I feel like 30 planes is more than enough I'll probably end up getting more anyway lol. If there's anyone else like me please post how many you have so I don't feel as crazy...lol

If anyone's interested here's my list:
                Planes I currently have: Hobbyzone Champ, micro t-28, umx pitts, airwing wingsurfer, eflite p-51d mustang, freewing f-22 raptor and stinger 64

Planes I want someday:
                Freewing Stinger 90
                Eflite Night Visionaire
                Parkzone UMX Icon A5
                Flyzone Aircore P-51 Mustang
                Flyzone Aircore Spitfire
                FMS Sky Trainer 182 V2
                Parkzone UM P-51D Mustang
                Eflite UMX P-47
                Eflite UMX P3 Revolution
                Eflite UMX Beast
                Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54 3X
                Eflite Ultimate 2
                FMS Pitts
                Dynam F4U Corsair
                Dynam Hawker Hurricane
                Parkzone T-28 Trojan
                Eflite P-47D Thunderbolt
                Flyzone A6M2 Zero
                Freewing F-86 Sabre
                Freewing F-16C Thunderbird

I'm sure I'll be adding more to this list sooner or later! Lol.
                If I were you I'd scratch every single e flite model

No parts bad customer service and bad electronics

Or ....

You will have lots of heartbreak on that list

Comment

Working...
                X