X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept freewing AirCraft for 2020 Northrop Grumman's YF-23 BLACK WIDOW

I would like to know what everyone thinks of the YF-23 Black Widow ll the former Competitor to the now famously know F-22 Raptor being a freewing motion RC Jet. The YF-23 was much faster and stealthier then the F-22 raptor but it lost the Government contract to build it because of the cost of manufacturing so I thought it would be a very cool Idea to recreate this little know 5th Generation Advanced Tactical Fighter from American Aviation history As a new Freewing twin 90mm 12s 8s or 6s version Motion RC jet this year any takers of the idea please leave your comments and likes to let me know what everyone thinks of the idea because im trying to raise public support for it in the motion RC community and by the way I'm a fan of the Freewing F-22 Raptor as well;)) but to be able to get my hands on a YF-23 Black Widow ll Freewing motion RC jet would be Awesome!!!! Because the Jet is a rarity in the RC community as a 90mm No one has done it before.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by StarFox View Post
    the Jet is a rarity in the RC community as a 90mm No one has done it before.
    Twin 90s in general are a rarity in the RC community, unless you count scratch or plan built.

I'm a big fan of how the YF-23 looks compared to the Raptor. Though the only option available as an ARF is the twin 70mm by bananahobby:

A twin 80 would be a cool offering, and in the same class as the A-10 and F-14

Comment

I know Dee your right I've heard of twin 90mm's only onces with J.P. hobbies Twin 90mm 6S's that's why I know twin 90's would be a big hit with Motion R.C. as a freewing in the RC community plus we've all seen the amazing talent of Alpha and the motion RC team if we the fans can think of it they can build It so why not give it a try because no one else has really resurrected this this powerful ATF from the pages of history and gave it true justice as America's fastest and most stealthy ATF.

Comment

Anymore opinions anyone

Comment

This is my favorite jet of all time. Did this YF-23 project ever pick up any traction? I think that even the twin 80mm or a single 90mm would do great, as long as the wing loading stays low, since the wings are short. The banana hobby model is too small, heavy, very hard to get the CG right, battery bay is too small and it doesn’t work well at all on grass. The freewing team can put together a much better model with very little effort. I think it would sell well.

Comment

Working...
          X