• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servo twitch

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	226093 I am having an issue with my freewing super scorpion. I have the model completely setup and ready to maiden however I am hesitant to because I am getting a twitch with all servos at the same time every 30 sec - 2 min. It’s not a huge amount but it is pretty noticeable. My radio system is a spektrum dx7s with an ar-8000 receiver, I also have an AL3 gyro installed. The issue happens with the gyro on or off and with a full or dead battery. I have checked all servo connections and battery connections and found zero issues. I don’t know if I am missing something or if I am just being to paranoid. I have spent a good chunk of time repainting the bird and would hate to put it in the dirt. Any suggestions would be great thank you!

Have you tried a different RX? The AR8000 has been known to be problematic. I’ve gone through about 1/2 dozen of them and 3 of them were glitchy.

Comment

I haven’t done that yet, I was hoping to avoid spending the $ but if it’s the fix it would save a plane. Thanks for the suggestions. I hope it’s not due to the positioning of the antennas. I placed them as far apart as possible while trying not place them next to an electric component, the satellite is in the nose wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by Reider11 View Post
        I haven’t done that yet, I was hoping to avoid spending the $ but if it’s the fix it would save a plane. Thanks for the suggestions. I hope it’s not due to the positioning of the antennas. I placed them as far apart as possible while trying not place them next to an electric component, the satellite is in the nose wheel well.
        That was merely a suggestion. If you can get a different RX just to see it that's what it is. Maybe borrow one out of another plane or from a friend. Oh, and don't try an AR6200. Those have even worse history. The other thought was to bypass the control box (if the plane has one) on one of the channels that twitch and see if that removes the twitch. If it does, then you can suspect the control box.

Comment

Tried a different working receiver and there were no changes, could there be an issue in the tx

Comment

When it comes to electronic glitches, you can't eliminate anything. If you can get your hands on a different TX, try it. I think you should go through a process of elimination. Try removing the gyro from the equation (by disconnecting it). I use the A3L in several of my planes and if you are not flying 3D with this plane, turn the second gain (for 3D) pot to zero (furthest counter-clockwise). It may have some influence on the servos, even with it OFF.

Comment

Cool I’ll give that a shot

Comment

Cool I’ll give that a shot

Comment

Working...
                X