X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    That one is toast. Here's the next scheme I plan to do.

Should show up really well in the air!
    Now THAT is a cool idea for a paint scheme

Have to keep that in mind

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I have a durafly efx racer, and for the price, I really do think that its great, you can be adventurous while flying, because you only have around $120 in it. The wings are really stiff and it handles wind beautifully. I'm thinking of an upgrade to the powerplant, though.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	File_001.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	30842
      You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

When flying our EFX racers on 4S, I was impressed that you could pretty much leave the throttle at 100% and yank and bank it at will. It has always endured our abuse, so far. We even had a few mid-air contacts when racing them and so far they have only come down with a minor scuff or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
          The Dynam and FW ME 262 are very different. At 6K feet altitude the FW Me 262 will draw 94 to 96 amp amps and just touch 100. She will loop just fine. Both Me 262 have issues from the underslung pods pushing the nose up. This is a problem in the near and post stall envelope as adding power to get out of the stall can actually push you into a stall.

You can see this effect in the video as the pilot add full power over-powering the elevator at take off with the result being a wheelie. You can hear the pilot say in the back ground; she has so much power.
          Second flight of replacement Freewing Me 262, Center of Gravity (CofG) at the location stated in the manual (rather nose heavy). Note that the under slung en...

Striker and Fun Jets are fast. I just didn't like the noise of the props going through the wings wake turbulence. Deltas and flying wings are often the faster straight line speed configuration. In fact these are often out lawed in most racing classes as they have too much of a speed advantage.
          http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1200
          http://hitecrcd.com/products/airplan...-ultra/product

Is this the EFX racer?
          http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=65458

I've never seen one, it looks like if not landing on a smooth prepared surface the servos are at risk.
          This is a bit late, but yes, that is the EFX racer, there is no danger to servos on landing as they are either in the fuse or in the wing w/control horns and pushrods on the upper side of the wing. It's a great plane for the money, which gave me the idea to start a thread on planes that are fast yet affordable.

Comment

I see that now. How are the hand launches? This is looking more and more like a practical ship for speed.

Do they have a version that DOSEN'T look like a flying bill board?

Comment

They make a white version, comes un-afiliated

Comment

I see that now. How are the hand launches? This is looking more and more like a practical ship for speed.

Do they have a version that DOSEN'T look like a flying bill board?

Yes, Durafly has a clean white version in an ARF form, but personally, I kind of like the billboard look. Hand-launches, are quite easy and uneventful at 3/4 throttle with some right aileron factored in right from the start. There are only two things that I would change/add to the plane. I definitely recommend replacing the metal motor mount with a carbon fiber one, as I have read that it isn't strong enough for a 4S setup, and I would get the 5.5X4.5 prop which Hobbyking recommends for better performance. If going with the ARF, definitely buy the parts from MRC.

Comment

Maybe it is my full size racing background coming to the forefront. But I hate feeling like a schmuck advertising for firms that I haven't signed a marketing or sponsorship agreement with.

All the best,
                  Konrad

Comment

Maybe it is my full size racing background coming to the forefront. But I hate feeling like a schmuck advertising for firms that I haven't signed a marketing or sponsorship agreement with.

All the best,
                    Konrad
                    If you don't want the companies' names on your model, you can buy the kit:
                    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...h=durafly%20ef
                    and then apply the decals that you want. I really like the decals on the plane w/o company names, they make the plane look fast just sitting in the basement. The plane has carbon fiber almost anywhere you would think to put it, too. Ailerons, wings, elevator, and possibly rudder are all reinforced. I accidentally pulled full elevator at about 75mph, and the wings didn't even flex.

Comment

Thanks, I think Bajora had made a similar mention. Not the same "value" as some of the other configuration.

My post about marketing and sponsorships was meant to be general in nature.

All the best,
                      Konrad

Comment

On the most part, decals on RC models that advertise companies aren't noticed much. Most people at the flying field don't even pay attention to what they say. It's not like a car dealer ID sticker or licence plate frame on your car. In those instances, I won't advertise for the dealer I bought the car from. They didn't pay me for it so why should I do it. People do notice what those say.
                        Stickers on model planes are more for visibility than anything from me.

Comment

I have the "terra cotta" EFX racer. Currently flying on a 4s Tattu R-type 1800mAh 120C drone battery, stock motor and esc and APC 7x7E prop. Had to deepen the prop slots in the spinner to accept the 7x7 but it's worth it. I was clocked at 126 mph with a 7x6 prop and 135 mph with the 7x7. This thing is wicked fast! Easy hand launches underhand with left hand so I can keep my right thumb on the ail/elev stick. I have to keep the throttle less than 1/3 on launch or the prop doesn't hook up. Planning to shorten each wing to 1/4" outboard of the aileron cutout and add a fence plate/winglet to each wingtip to prevent the boundary layer air slipping off the tip. This should reduce drag by ridding the plane of nearly 8" of wing and reducing tip vortex drag at the same time. This thing glides forever so I don't think I'll miss it. Hope to pick up another 10 mph+!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X