X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric motor orientation

Sorry for this very basic question buy, I bought a Flex innovation 300 extra with out motor. I have a motor from another Flex 300 Extra but cannot fine any documentation on its installation relative to thrust. I have several planes that are angles slightly to the right but have no idea on orientation relative to up or down. Are there any guidelines or is there a video that may provide some insight?
    Thanks in advance....Frank

Doesn't the new plane have a firewall/motor mount plate? It should be at the appropriate angle for the motor. If not I've built planes that have no motor firewall and the plans say 2 to 3 degrees down.

Comment

Thanks, what about left/right orientation. The fire wall is flat but one of the flanges on the motor mount is bent inward a few degrees. I am sure the is to provide the proper angle, my problem is I am not sure where the "bent" flange should go relative to the fire wall. (what corner).

Comment

Looking at a couple of my single engine prop planes (tractor), they are down and to the right.

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X