Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im having a prob with my Convergence when i start to hover the plane it move ok for about half a min and then it start to drop and the power comes and goes and when it hit the ground the props keep run for a about 30 sc any i dear pleaseeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by nickyboy52 View Post
      hi im having a prob with my Convergence when i start to hover the plane it move ok for about half a min and then it start to drop and the power comes and goes and when it hit the ground the props keep run for a about 30 sc any i dear pleaseeeeeeeeee
      That is odd but I believe it's one of the several types of "brain farts" this flight controller can exhibit. This plane is very sensitive to battery voltage. If it determines that the power is not adequate, it goes into a sort of power conserving mode and could begin to initiate landing. You must ensure that the battery you use is in good condition, is properly charged and has good connections.
      As for the motors continuing to run after you "hit the ground", this can be due to a couple of things. 1. The impact with the ground can cause another "brain fart" in the controller where it may have a hard time knowing where MIN throttle is. (You should also use the throttle cut and get used to hitting it whenever you need to shut down. You shouldn't stand there and wait for the props to stop.) 2. Your throttle trim may not be as low as it can go. All throttle trims start off in the mid-position for any new model. This must be clicked to the lowest position possible. Mid-position is NOT for electric models. 3. After lowering the trim to low, you must calibrate the throttle so the ESCs know where MIN and MAX is.
      This plane does NOT like to be hovered with excessive UP elevator. If you are trying to fly it backwards or trying to hold position due to a tail wind, that requires a lot of back pressure on the right stick (ELE). Try not to do this. The controller needs to manipulate the tail prop aggressively and this doesn't always work and tries to compensate in other ways.
      Finally, did you try to straighten the two wing motor angles? Some people see that they are not the same and adjust them till they are. This is a big mistake. They must be different and crooked as they need to compensate for the torque of the tail rotor. Making them the same creates all kinds of problems for the flight controller. Also, do not attempt to trim the plane for hover. The flight controller will do that for you. If you need trim in airplane mode, do so BUT after you land, take note of where the elevons are and zero the trims (should only be AIL and ELE) and manually adjust the elevons to what they looked like when you landed. Too much trim will confuse the brain when in hover mode.

Comment

Working...
      X