Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The salesman at hobby zone talked me out of the Delta Ray, which is what I went in to buy in the first place. We then talked about where I want to end up so to speak and decided the champ would be a better starter plane since it is a 4 channel model. He was quite helpful and talked me through a lot of things. I do a lot of touch and gos and up and downs when I fly it. Try to get the landing down nicely and am leaving it in trainer mode with full stabilization right now. I have learned that when I flip it to full envelope and try to do stupid things, bad things happen... I have started using the rudder more along with the ailerons for my turns. I am waiting for MRC to get the sim cable back in stock for my transmitter to get a better simulator. Right now I just use a sim on my phone because the E-flite transmitter that comes with the Champ doesn't work with sims (or at least that's what I have been told). So once the cable is available I will get a better sim and use that. the one on the phone is pretty terrible, I will admit. And I did go about this backwards by getting the plane before the simulator. Obviously I want to learn to fly well and not crash my plane(s) and send it to the dump. I did just find a club near me that I am going to check out one of these days. I'm trying to do this on my own right now and know that I need to find some guys with experience to help me out. All weekend it was dead calm and would have been perfect for flying, but I was busy. Today, 15mph winds so I won't be taking it out.
    Eflite Champ S+, UMX P-47, Freewing Stinger 64

Comment

Working...
    X