P-38 - The Ultimate EPO Lightning

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What New FlightlineRC or FreeWing Model would you like to see come next!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, the Flite Test guys have an OV-10 Bronco!

Similar to the Flite Test Explorer, the Bronco is easy to build & fly, but allows for a lot of modification. Visit FliteTest.com to purchase RC plane kits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
      Hey, the Flite Test guys have an OV-10 Bronco!

Similar to the Flite Test Explorer, the Bronco is easy to build & fly, but allows for a lot of modification. Visit FliteTest.com to purchase RC plane kits.
      It looks like a kindergarten toy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

;):Not-Talking:
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, it is made out of foamboard, and from everything I've seen, the Flite Test guys are all about just having fun.

:)

I think there's something to be said about that.

Comment

• Gotta remember, they're in business to SELL airplanes not just build them..... Lockheed T-33

Comment

• Hey there Quickstop, nice to see around here again. 'Been a while.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Well, it is made out of foamboard, and from everything I've seen, the Flite Test guys are all about just having fun.

:)

I think there's something to be said about that.
                You're absolutely correct Hoomi ;)................but where I'm at in this sport/hobby is way past the entry level $50 bird that is no where near what I want from a scale looking airframe.
                Now mind you, for me and many others that are here on this forum, it is all about the fun AND satisfaction of flying a real looking airframe.:Cool:
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

You're absolutely correct Hoomi ;)................but where I'm at in this sport/hobby is way past the entry level $50 bird that is no where near what I want from a scale looking airframe.
                  Now mind you, for me and many others that are here on this forum, it is all about the fun AND satisfaction of flying a real looking airframe.:Cool:
                  I am with you. I had been considering the Viggen that Flitetest makes but after adding up what my total investment would had been to bring it to my desired specs I realized it just was not worth it. I rather put that money towards a better built and looking airplane that will last me a lot longer.

Comment

• Mostly, I was joshing around, since the OV-10 is mentioned here more often than I think any other wish-list bird. The Flite Test bird is nowhere near the league of the Freewing or FMS models, but then again, I'm sure it didn't cost them near the investment to produce, as would a true-scale Bronco model.

The FT foamboard birds have their own appeal, not the least of which is that they not only sell the kits, they also offer the plans for free on their website, if someone wants to just buy their own foamboard and make one. The FT videos are some of the most fun to watch, because it really looks like they're having a blast, building and flying their birds, and they're not shy about showing the failures, either.

I even bought one of their Simple Scout kits from the Hobbytown in Provo earlier this week, while we were up there for MIL's surgery. I think what it will lack in scale detail, it'll make up for in fun.

I'd hoped the Flite Test crew was going to be at the Arizona Electric Festival last month, though I certainly wasn't disappointed to visit the MRC booth there.

Comment

• I think this would make a nice candidate for a 70mm or even a 90mm.

F3D Skynight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F3D-2_Skyknight_of_VC-33_in_flight_1952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	185686

Click image for larger version  Name:	SW72094-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	185687

Click image for larger version

Name:	douglas_f3d_skyknight_2.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	185688

EAA# 1366802
                      AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        Hey there Quickstop, nice to see around here again. 'Been a while.
                        I'm always lurking about, here or on the other one:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                          I think this would make a nice candidate for a 70mm or even a 90mm.

F3D Skynight.

Click image for larger version Name:	F3D-2_Skyknight_of_VC-33_in_flight_1952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	185686

Click image for larger version Name:	SW72094-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	185687

Ya know I'd probably go for one of those.

Woody

Comment

I think this would make a nice candidate for a 70mm or even a 90mm.

F3D Skynight.

Click image for larger version Name:	F3D-2_Skyknight_of_VC-33_in_flight_1952.jpg Views:	0 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	185686

Click image for larger version Name:	SW72094-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	185687

Is that diagram in Russian?

Comment

Is that diagram in Russian?
                              Hahahaha, looks like it but i'm not sure. I just like the plane, it is a bit unusual.

EAA# 1366802
                              AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Sure has been quiet around here as far as a new release goes, anyone with a hint of anything new coming?:)I won't tell anyone else:Not-Talking:.

Please don't make me go to the dark side and buy an Eflite product, just give me my 90mm super scale :f18 and I will be happy.LOL

Comment

Hahahaha, looks like it but i'm not sure. I just like the plane, it is a bit unusual.
                                  It might be from a static model produced in the old Eastern Block, like Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    Sure has been quiet around here as far as a new release goes, anyone with a hint of anything new coming?:)I won't tell anyone else:Not-Talking:.

Please don't make me go to the dark side and buy an Eflite product, just give me my 90mm super scale :f18 and I will be happy.LOL
                                    Yes, whatever happened to all those secret projects, like Trident? Or did they go the way of RotorScale? Or, heaven help us, is MRC being assimilated by the "collective" (Horizon)?

Comment

• I'm still waiting patiently on the 6s 70mm V2 F35! :Don't-tell-Anyone:

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                                        I'm still waiting patiently on the 6s 70mm V2 F35! :Don't-tell-Anyone:
                                        6S 90MM F35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Or, heaven help us, is MRC being assimilated by the "collective"?

:a10
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X