X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need FMS MOA ESC programming help

The plane came with the brake off instead of on. I've programmed a number of "beep" ESCs, but this one is beyond me. I can't get it into programming mode; or rather, it goes into what I know is programming mode because it launches into a sequences or beeps and trills etc.,  but not with the beep indicator the manual says, and none of the beep sequences it makes seem to correspond to any of the symbols in the manual, which I can't translate.  Seems that _ may be a silence space or a beep; no telling what - is or V or W or //, \\ or a box with an X in it?

I've recalibrated my throttle in the TX and tried to with the ESC. The throttle works fine, but supposedly if it is not calibrated to the ESCs liking, it won't enter programming mode.

RE: Need FMS MOA ESC programming help

I have found that the easiest method to setup your ESC is to use an inexpensive ESC programming card from your LHS or online. I got mine from HK & is always in my field kit. It saves many headaches attempting to discern all the beeps. Here's a link & pic of mine....

Denny
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2169__TURNIGY_BESC_Programming_Card.html
    Attached Files
    *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Thanks. That's what Motion RC support said also. Didn't think I 'd need to program. ESC was supposed to be programmed from factory, and if not, only Brake setting would need to be changed. But ESC is not the one expected to be in the plane. FMS is trying to determine what ESC might be in plane.

Comment

I had this same problem with a Mantis ESC. They, apparently, don't program well using your transmitter. Buy a programming card. Doc

Comment

Working...
        X