X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthernFlyer View Post

HHNF, what trailing link did you put on the front gear of your FMS A-10? I would like to pick up the FMS A-10, but would have to put a trailing link on the front and secure the mains.
    From the Freewing F-15.. I had to drill out the pin hole to 5mm to fit the pin size on the front gear& a little foam trimming to fit wheel when retracted . Only downside is the front gear door doesn't close properly so I took it off.. Small price to pay for having a Trailing link strut .. :)
    Attached Files

Comment

http://www.fmsmodel.com/pre-order-fm...nd-of-november..
      It's available for preorder.. Git that Hornet..:)

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
        http://www.fmsmodel.com/pre-order-fm...nd-of-november..
        It's available for preorder.. Git that Hornet..:)
        Just secured mine!

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible to modify the horizontal stab into a full stab like the freewing F-18 and actual F-18.... So many ideas... I'm gonna try and get the livery and paint to look like the VFA-41 CAG bird from last cruise. probably add an ATFLIR pod for kicks n gigs and add hook, ALE-55 dispenser and Tow line guide to name a few
          Attached Files

Comment

Doing the "flying stab"conversion is possible but most likely will require a tube across the airflow in the EDF ducts, reducing useful power. The choice of that or heavy structural support vs the way they did it is probably why they didn't use the scale horizontal tail-planes.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

From the Freewing F-15.. I had to drill out the pin hole to 5mm to fit the pin size on the front gear& a little foam trimming to fit wheel when retracted . Only downside is the front gear door doesn't close properly so I took it off.. Small price to pay for having a Trailing link strut .. :)
              Thanks HHNF. Gives me hope of adding an A-10 to my hangar. The FW version, coupled with 2 x battery, is a little rich for my blood - although don’’t get me wrong, it is a beautiful plane. I fly with xviper and am envious every time he flies his.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                Doing the "flying stab"conversion is possible but most likely will require a tube across the airflow in the EDF ducts, reducing useful power. The choice of that or heavy structural support vs the way they did it is probably why they didn't use the scale horizontal tail-planes.
                sigh* and just like that my dreams are crushed, partially... Good insight, I guess just get better then eventually get the Skymaster would be the better route lol

Comment

Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post

sigh* and just like that my dreams are crushed, partially... Good insight, I guess just get better then eventually get the Skymaster would be the better route lol
                  Freeeing may do their F-18 with flying stabs like the F-5... You can chip in here .. Alpha?? :)LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernFlyer View Post

Thanks HHNF. Gives me hope of adding an A-10 to my hangar. The FW version, coupled with 2 x battery, is a little rich for my blood - although don’’t get me wrong, it is a beautiful plane. I fly with xviper and am envious every time he flies his.
                    One thing I can say about the FMS A-10 is the Kangaroo epidemic that is occurring with the Freewing A-10 is totally minimal..:)

Comment

I am hoping they offer an unpainted version. Looking to do the all black or maybe the NASA scheme.
                      My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                        I am hoping they offer an unpainted version. Looking to do the all black or maybe the NASA scheme.
                        the all black looks pretty cool! I'd hate to work on that thing though lol. I bet it gets hotter than a mofo on that paint.

Comment

I just pre ordered mine this morning...
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

A couple of in-flight photos from this models first flights yesterday ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post

She looks really good! would look better in VFA-41 livery though ;)

Comment

It’’s definitely a nice looking airframe and I think FMS did a good job. The primarily things that bother me about it a bit is the main gear struts look to stick out quite a bit when retracted and the landing gear storage pockets are very noticeable. Some additional little things that aren’t much issue for me include the out of scale pilot used (typical though) and the traditional elevator (although I’m okay with this on a 70mm jet to reduce complications in the design and the weight).

It looks much better than the Freewing F-18 Super Hornet 90mm EDF Jet though. That airframe I could never purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                  It’’s definitely a nice looking airframe and I think FMS did a good job. The primarily things that bother me about it a bit is the main gear struts look to stick out quite a bit when retracted and the landing gear storage pockets are very noticeable. Some additional little things that aren’t much issue for me include the out of scale pilot used (typical though) and the traditional elevator (although I’m okay with this on a 70mm jet to reduce complications in the design and the weight).

It looks much better than the Freewing F-18 Super Hornet 90mm EDF Jet though. That airframe I could never purchase.
                                  I'm going to try and make a "semiscale" atflir for station 5 and then put an amraam on station 7, that may "cover it up a bit." Bajora, is there room for a bigger set of mains?

Comment

Wow... Looks really good, how about a flight report and video.. Can't wait till mine shows up.. I am really buying into these new 6s 70mm jets. I got rid of all my 90mm FW jets except my T-45. There too hard on the batteries, 2- 2 1/2 minute flights ain't for me.
                                    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post

darn nice pics as usual....just drop the hook and call the ball

Comment

Does anyone have a flight report or video..

Comment

Sure looks great, but to small for me, you guys can have mine. Why FMS, why a 70mm and not a 90mm..........?.....:Confused::)

Comment

Working...
                                          X