Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short video of a pre-release sample of the soon to be available 70mm F-18 from FMS!

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
      Aside from that nose down attitude the plane looks great!! That is easily fixed with some spacers... I am hearing that it ships very soon!!! Next couple weeks!!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Yeah, I noticed that negative incidence take off in the video... Easy remedy for that.
        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
          I'm hoping more video's pop up. It looks great. If by some fluke a bigger model comes out I'd really like to figure out how to get the vertical stabs to toe in. Anyone know of a mixing program or something that will allow this?
          It's definitely doable. Will need each rudder on a separate channel though and do a bit of mixing in the transmitter. I did something similar with an older Super Hornet model where I wanted the ailerons to deflect with the flaps like the real one. With that gross split horizontal stab on this model, I'm hesitant to even get really scale on the rudder toe in though. Seems like a waste lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imladris18 View Post

It's definitely doable. Will need each rudder on a separate channel though and do a bit of mixing in the transmitter. I did something similar with an older Super Hornet model where I wanted the ailerons to deflect with the flaps like the real one. With that gross split horizontal stab on this model, I'm hesitant to even get really scale on the rudder toe in though. Seems like a waste lol.

I guess that would be something best left to a bigger model? lol. Wouldn't that be a flaperon mix for what you mentioned? There are so many things i want to do, but so limited on such a small model lol. I dont think i'd dare to go bigger with the Jet as the Sheriff would probably murder me.

Comment

I guess that would be something best left to a bigger model? lol. Wouldn't that be a flaperon mix for what you mentioned? There are so many things i want to do, but so limited on such a small model lol. I dont think i'd dare to go bigger with the Jet as the Sheriff would probably murder me.
              I believe that's considered flaperons, yeah. I also set up a mix for tailerons on the 64mm Freewing F/A-18E, but that one actually has the full horizontal stabs, so it looks so much more scale.

I may still do the toe-in depending on how the servos are wired. If it's easy enough to run them both to separate channels without tearing the jet apart, I'll do it. It could help with the negative incidence on take off if it's not corrected by FMS too.

Comment

I'd love to see an updated Freewing 90mm F-18 or maybe even a twin 80... Ditch the thrust vector, add rudder, horizontal stabs and sequencing gear doors, the option to add ALQ-218 wingtip pods and extra comm antennas to turn it into an EA-18G, drooool. Sorry got a little carried away.
                Ha yea that's what I've been saying! I'm actually in the process of doing a EA18G mod to my exceed rc 90mm F18. I've ready made one 218 pod and also added a working tail hook. Oh and I put the rudders and ailerons on seperate channels to make them work with the flaps

Comment

• Originally posted by 210foo View Post

Ha yea that's what I've been saying! I'm actually in the process of doing a EA18G mod to my exceed rc 90mm F18. I've ready made one 218 pod and also added a working tail hook. Oh and I put the rudders and ailerons on seperate channels to make them work with the flaps
                  Nice! I'll be waiting for the finished product! Are you in a VAQ squadron up in whidbey? (looking at your avatar of a growler inside of the hangar bay)

Comment

Nice! I'll be waiting for the finished product! Are you in a VAQ squadron up in whidbey? (looking at your avatar of a growler inside of the hangar bay)
                    ill try and get a video up on youtube in a bit, i really like the look of this 70mm fms one, i just wish it had the drag brace for the main gear and full moving horizontal stabs.

and yea I'm at VAQ-133. I'm up for orders right now so i might be going back down to lemoore lol are you in 41? whats your rate

Comment

• Well i just got my shipping confirmation! Hell yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by 210foo View Post

ill try and get a video up on youtube in a bit, i really like the look of this 70mm fms one, i just wish it had the drag brace for the main gear and full moving horizontal stabs.

and yea I'm at VAQ-133. I'm up for orders right now so i might be going back down to lemoore lol are you in 41? whats your rate
                        Lol no way. what shop are you in? I'm in VFA-41. I was wondering why that 500 bird looked familiar lol. Were you on the last cruise?

Comment

• Regatoni5, let us know how you like it! I think it looks great. Thank you and 210foo for your service!!
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Got my shipping confirmation too, wonder how long it'll take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Regatoni5, let us know how you like it! I think it looks great. Thank you and 210foo for your service!!
                              Your welcome Alpha! Thank you. Also I'm sure someone has ready asked this but is this going to be available as an ARF or just PNP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Regatoni5, let us know how you like it! I think it looks great. Thank you and 210foo for your service!!
                                Alpha thanks for the support and for feeding our hobby needs! Funny thing, 210foo is in my sister squadron in the same air wing lol. Thanks squawk for reuniting shipmates? Haha. I should’ve known with the 210 ...

210foo I only saw it as a PNP for now

Comment

• Mine's getting an upgrade..:)

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                                    Mine's getting an upgrade..:)
                                    you're making a twin? ;)

Comment

you're making a twin? ;)
                                      I'm waiting for Alpha to make that announcement ..LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Imladris18 View Post

I believe that's considered flaperons, yeah. I also set up a mix for tailerons on the 64mm Freewing F/A-18E, but that one actually has the full horizontal stabs, so it looks so much more scale.

I may still do the toe-in depending on how the servos are wired. If it's easy enough to run them both to separate channels without tearing the jet apart, I'll do it. It could help with the negative incidence on take off if it's not corrected by FMS too.
                                        So looking at the model and its stance, it seems like the mains sit a little high. On the Superhornets, when theres weight on wheels the aircraft sits a little bit lower. I might just stretch the spring or figure a way to get it to sit lower on the mains which should fix the negative incidence.

Comment

So looking at the model and its stance, it seems like the mains sit a little high. On the Superhornets, when theres weight on wheels the aircraft sits a little bit lower. I might just stretch the spring or figure a way to get it to sit lower on the mains which should fix the negative incidence.
                                          Apparently, FMS is shipping all production models of this plane already modified with a spacer for the nose gear. This lifts the front up so that what you see in the sample model is not the way it will be.

Comment

Working...
                                          X