Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well mine showed up today, but i had it delivered to the inlaws due to potentially being in a move. Hoping to have a maiden this week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Regatoni5 View Post
      Well i just got my shipping confirmation! Hell yeah!
      Mine is being held hostage by the post office. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but it just floating from one center to another.... UGH!!!!! I hope it shows tomorrow.... or today!!!
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Let us know what you fellas think of the quality when you unbox it. The reports so far on the other forum has been .................. well ................ not impressive - scarred and crinkled foam, seized canopy latches. I think I'll just wait till Alpha commissions an 80mm version from Freewing Flightline. I'm going to fly my 90mm FW till I smash it to pieces and get another one in spring anyway.

Comment

• Mine showed up today. None of the issues mentioned above. Some mild gatoring, but nothing I haven't seen on any other foamy I've received in the past. Small ding on front of fuselage where the canopy came loose in shipping. Overall, I'm pretty happy. Individual aileron and flap connections in the wings, so it should be easy to try out the ailerons as flaperons like the full scale aircraft. Don't think I'll bother with the toe-in on the rudders though.

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Let us know what you fellas think of the quality when you unbox it. The reports so far on the other forum has been .................. well ................ not impressive - scarred and crinkled foam, seized canopy latches. I think I'll just wait till Alpha commissions an 80mm version from Freewing Flightline. I'm going to fly my 90mm FW till I smash it to pieces and get another one in spring anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Let us know what you fellas think of the quality when you unbox it. The reports so far on the other forum has been .................. well ................ not impressive - scarred and crinkled foam, seized canopy latches. I think I'll just wait till Alpha commissions an 80mm version from Freewing Flightline. I'm going to fly my 90mm FW till I smash it to pieces and get another one in spring anyway.
            I'm with you on that one, love the 90mm FW F-18 and I would also get another one if this one goes in. I will never buy another 70mm EDF anyway so I can't complain about the F-18, hope the people that did buy it get the bugs worked out, if any.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
              Mine showed up today. None of the issues mentioned above. Some mild gatoring, but nothing I haven't seen on any other foamy I've received in the past. Small ding on front of fuselage where the canopy came loose in shipping. Overall, I'm pretty happy. Individual aileron and flap connections in the wings, so it should be easy to try out the ailerons as flaperons like the full scale aircraft. Don't think I'll bother with the toe-in on the rudders though.

I get mine today and am not nearly as picky as the rest... I don't see any major issues.... but you will hear about anything I do find....
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• My friend just got it..FMS F18.. quite nice..for 70mm inrunner, impressive for me..

Comment

• Well now the fun begins! Overall it came in great condition, a couple compression wrinkles on the fuselage behind door 1 (radome) but other than that it looks great. They threw in a mouse pad and an extra fan blade so thats a plus. I'm not used to that lol. Unfortunately i'll be moving in a couple of weeks so i think i'm going to just go with the paint/livery to turn it into the VFA-41 aircraft 100 BUNO 866842 as it was during our 2016 Westpac deployment. It still has the negative incidence but i'm not concerned. I plan on stretching the main suspension springs a little to lower the aft end as the real F-18 sits lower on its mains anyway as a start and then doing flaperons and adding toe in feature.

Comment

• I just received mine, no issues here I am very very pleased with mine. Maiden tomorrow morning. Then the new paint scheme.
                    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• A different rendition of the Diamondback..

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
                        A different rendition of the Diamondback..
                        What did you change the nose landing gear with? Looks super practical

Comment

What did you change the nose landing gear with? Looks super practical
                          Practicality always trumps Scale operating off a Grass field.. The front Trailing link came off the FMS 80mm Hawk..

Comment

• Well, after a full day of flying the Fms F-18F I couldn't be happier. Now it's off to the paint shop. Probably going with the all black first.
                            My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
                              Well, after a full day of flying the Fms F-18F I couldn't be happier. Now it's off to the paint shop. Probably going with the all black first.
                              Black ?? Protecting the Hornet from looking like a Gator will be interesting from the Midday sun..:)

Comment

• So it begins! Huge shoutout and thanks to Callie for making an awesome set of livery for the VFA-41 F-18F!

Comment

So it begins! Huge shoutout and thanks to Callie for making an awesome set of livery for the VFA-41 F-18F!
                                  Dude that's legit! Can't wait to see it applied to the jet

Comment

• I got mine in the air this weekend! Great flying plane! I got 4 flights on it and they just got better and better with each flight!

I got a good video of the second flight and the others are all hat cam which are hard to see. Mind you this is flight number 2... this plane is pretty dang awesome so far! I already sent off my request for Callie to make decals for it and will be doing it in a different scheme than the one that came with it...here is the video...

Comment

• Great video Gooniac, I flew mine all weekend too and it just got better and better. Very pleased.

Comment

• I have to have one!!!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                                          I got mine in the air this weekend! Great flying plane! I got 4 flights on it and they just got better and better with each flight!

I got a good video of the second flight and the others are all hat cam which are hard to see. Mind you this is flight number 2... this plane is pretty dang awesome so far! I already sent off my request for Callie to make decals for it and will be doing it in a different scheme than the one that came with it...here is the video...

She looks really good! I cant wait to get to San Diego so i can put all of my Aircraft together! I'm really looking forward to flying the F-18

Comment

Working...
                                          X