X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunion Nose gear pin removal on Stinger 90mm EDF

I have a bent nose gear pin on the trunion & need to remove it. I have loosened the set screws on both sides & the pin only comes out 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. Do I need to retract the gear in order to remove it ???

It can't come out while the circlip is still in the strut pin. It will need to be retracted to see the circlip. You might be able to pull it out the other way if it's not bent to bad. The pin should rotate in the trunnion and not have set screws in the trunnion.

Comment

Best bet is to split the retract and pull the whole trunion. You will need to pay attention and not drop/lose any of the small parts (I do them over folded towel to absorb any bounce "just in case") but once out it's pretty easy to slide the pin through.
      Just noticed, you are in Bradenton. I can show you how if you need it.
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Thank You Pilot Ryan. I will retract the gear & see if I can remove the e clip & pull the pin out.
        Yes Bill I live in Bradenton of of Cortez & 75th St W. I am also a member of the SRQ flying field. I haven’t been to the field in a while because of family commitments in NY. If I have a problem removing the pin I will reach out to you here on hobby squeak. Thanks Guys I appreciate your help

Paul Sweeney

Comment

I haven't been to the field since Irma came through since the county has Rothenbach park closed to the public and is using it as a staging area for storm debris processing. Hoping it will be reopened by the new year. Meanwhile I've been flying at the SSF facility out next to the speedway.

Comment

Wow Bill I had no idea the field was closed. Give me a call when you have the chance. My cell is (347) 782-7625
            Paul Sweeney

Comment

Got your number written down. Will give you a call this evening after I get home from work. 5:30 ish

Comment

My birds have the same nose gear. I just remove the gear, disassemble the retract, remove pin, and re-assemble. I have actually done this at the field. It takes very little time. Just be careful not to lose the little screws in the retract and make sure you get everything aligned properly. The servo wire has to fit in that little groove inside the retract. Take your time and do this over a solid surface so you can find any dropped pieces.
                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                X