• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocketeer
    replied
    Re: Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Greetings,

Either way, that's one sweet ride.... Bring it on!!!

November is going to be interesting......

Bill L.
    in Okla.

Leave a comment:

• StarHopper
    replied

Yeah that. And maybe it's just me but, there's just something about 'NAVY' & a desert tan camo that seems....I dunno....'incongruous'?

Leave a comment:

• Konrad
    replied

Didn't the US Navy acquire these from the Swiss? It would be nice to have more than one livery to choose from. How much does it cost (acquisition and inventory support) to offer two liveries? I would think that two or more option would allow for more sales from the same molds. Has this proven so with the Su 35? I agree that the red and white Swiss livery has been done a lot. But having flown the Me 262, a lot, I can tell you that a bright color scheme is highly valued as an RC pilot! Brown camouflage against the brown drought hills of California is not conducive to a long service life of the model!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Quickly following up on their very popular Mirage 2000C, Freewing has announced their next jet in its 80mm EDF series: An F-5E Tiger II.

We've been closely involved with the development of this aircraft and refining its various elements, and are excited for its release. As of today, Freewing has publicly announced on their Facebook page that the production date is November 10. The F-5 continues recent Freewing innovations such as a spring loaded nose wheel door (introduced in their Mirage) and a quick release system for the missiles (introduced in their F-16). The model also sports a scale sized pilot, and an accurate livery and markings from the CAG's aircraft in VFC-111, a Navy fighter training squadron (often referred to as Aggressors).

Power system: 80mm 12 bladed fan, 1750kv outrunner motor
    ESC: 80A
    Battery: 6s 4000mah 40c-60c
    Servos: 8x 9g
    Flaps: Yes
    Retracts: Electric. Metal trunion on mains, Oleo main struts and double wheel trailing link nose struts.
    Features: Easily screw on/off removable wings, horizontal stabilizers, and vertical stabilizer. Spring-hinged nose wheel door. Scale full flying horizontal stabilizers. Removable AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles.
    Price: $299

Attached Files
Working...
X