X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F15 with gyro

Hi guys..newbie here..need some advice from the experts or anyone can give advice..
    Is it good or not good if i apply a gyro on my F15 freewing 90mm high performance.. HobbyEagle gyro.. some of my friend said gyro can make electronic risk..need some opinions and advice here..

Friend from Asia

A Gyro will enhance the experience for you and will also provide you the added stability for those days when the wind may be kicking up a bit. Check out this article and then you can decide for yourself, Personally I like using them but each has their own preference. https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...-up-the-stigma

Comment

Glad to hear you're in the F-15 business. A gyro is completely unnecessary for this plane. It flies like it's on rails stock, and I have the hi-po motor in it. You really don't need a gyro, so save the money. I don't think you'll get any benefit from it at all, really.

Plane flies great, but it's a little heavy on the controls, so be ready to take up a lot of sky.

Enjoy and have fun!

Comment

StormyDog1962 AZFlyer thanks mate.. appreciate it..

Comment

A friend's F-15 was flying OK but nothing to write home about. There were some things that just bothered him about the way it flew. He installed a EagleA3L and said it changed the whole model and it became a pleasure to fly. I saw the before and after flights and was so impressed I installed one in my F-15. Call it what you want but in our opinion it made a huge difference and made the model so much more enjoyable.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

If installed and set up correctly, a gyro can be a very helpful addition to any plane, especially on a wind gusting day. If not calibrated correctly, your plane will do a very fast encounter with the ground.

Comment

I am using the Freewing gyro from MRC on my F-15 high performance jet and it's working very well. I never thought much of the F-15's performance in the wind until I added the gyro which puts the jet into play on those days.....

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...tabilizer-gyro

The gyro is mounted up front and doesn't seem to care about not being on the cg.....one of the main reasons I chose it. This gyro is identical to the one in the F-104 90mm....just labeled differently..

Comment

GPJ xviper MikeT thanks for your opinion..i already ordered a gyro ..just wait and see how it works..i hope the best..i ordered just like in picture..is that ok?

Comment

Originally posted by tifi View Post
                  GPJ xviper MikeT thanks for your opinion..i already ordered a gyro ..just wait and see how it works..i hope the best..i ordered just like in picture..is that ok?
                  I have several of these and they work very well. It's the simplest and cheapest. Just read the instructions carefully.

Comment

xviper Thanks mate..appreciate it..u help a lot..

Comment

This helped me.
                      Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I flew this plane for over a year without the gyro. It flew great but had the tendency to do this annoying wiggle and I had no Idea why. So I went through all of the usual things to see what it could be and figured out that a lot of it was due to adverse yaw. The ailerons are not set up in a way that allows for differential which causes the plane to fight itself a little when you use ailerons. SO an aileron to rudder mix was used and it helped A LOT!! But the wiggle was still there.. So I then did a flight that was just to see what the control surfaces did to the plane. I used the rudder and what do you know... the plane wiggled!!! SO I got the LemonRX 7CH (Same as the admiral that just came out) with stabilizer and got to work. Come to find out all of the issues were because of the rudder. My gains are the highest on Rudder with only a small amount on elevator and about half the gain of rudder being used on aileron. The plane is now locked in and does everything I ask of it with zero wiggle!! So the whole reason for me saying this is to say that the plane will fly just fine with out a gyro... But once you add a gyro and tune it right, the plane will become an even more amazing flying machine!!! Here are my flights from this weekend... and yes the gyro is enabled on all of these flights...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

gooniac33 wow..appreciate it bro..so that means rudder also have something with wiggle rite?i just adjust some expo with it,its better but not too better..so,i think i should put a gyro,and i just ordered and arrived to me yesterday,i will fly soon..i agree with some opinion that this bird flying nice..really..but to make it more nicer,i think gyro help much..i have seen this video on you tube..and it was nice flight..thumbs up :Cool:..and thanks for advice.. i also buy a Runcam 2 for my flight :)..

Comment

gooniac33 wow..appreciate it bro..so that means rudder also have something with wiggle rite?i just adjust some expo with it,its better but not too better..so,i think i should put a gyro,and i just ordered and arrived to me yesterday,i will fly soon..i agree with some opinion that this bird flying nice..really..but to make it more nicer,i think gyro help much..i have seen this video on you tube..and it was nice flight..thumbs up :Cool:..and thanks for advice.. i also buy a Runcam 2 for my flight :)..
                            It is the vertical stabs themselves. So when the wind hits them in a cross wind the plan does the wiggle dance. Now that I have the gyro the wiggle is 100% gone. It is working a lot to keep it at bay but you don't see it moving at all now. Much more stable and realistic now!
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                            X