Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Bruce,

The livery you posted is for Detachment 1 of the 82nd Ariel Targets Squadron. The 82nd ATRS was not even formed until 1981, so there is no way that livery would have been in Vietnam. However, F-4s from Holloman with the 49th Fighter Wing did deploy to Thailand in 1972 in support of operations in Vietnam.
    Thank You Pat it is much appreciated. I just liked the checkerboard strip across the vertical so not sure if I want to be a target or not! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Warbird Dan View Post
      This Freewing F4 is a super good looking model and I would love to have one but not until Motion vastly improves their quality control and develop some costumer service. I’ve purchased 3 models from them and only one of them didn’t have major problems out of the box. Their customer service on those defective models didn’t suck only because there wasn’t any. I can only hope Horizon picks up the Freewing line the way they did the FMS line. I’ve always loved the F4.
      Wow WD not my experience either. Did you buy a FMS F-18 1st batch? The foam looked like CRA* I bought from the 2nd batch and was better but nothing to brag about. I wish MRC could get back the whole line of FMS cause it seems like Horizon has no say in the projects. The F-18 is a sweet flyer though. :Cool:

Comment

This Freewing F4 is a super good looking model and I would love to have one but not until Motion vastly improves their quality control and develop some costumer service. I’ve purchased 3 models from them and only one of them didn’t have major problems out of the box. Their customer service on those defective models didn’t suck only because there wasn’t any. I can only hope Horizon picks up the Freewing line the way they did the FMS line. I’ve always loved the F4.
        Very best customer service I've had...and the Flightline quality is unrivaled.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

WOW.............:Not-Talking:...........:Goodbye:
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

WOW.............:Not-Talking:...........:Goodbye:
            Time for a beer.
            Last edited by Hardway; Feb 16, 2018, 09:23 PM. Reason: I posted bad language... Sorry, but it seemed necessary at the time....

Comment

• Never had a problem with Motion rc. They sent me a battery that wasn’t balanced sent a new no questions asked. This week they sent me a bad admaril receiver. Sent a new one no questions asked. Motion rc is 10 or of 10 hands down!

Comment

This Freewing F4 is a super good looking model and I would love to have one but not until Motion vastly improves their quality control and develop some costumer service. I’ve purchased 3 models from them and only one of them didn’t have major problems out of the box. Their customer service on those defective models didn't suck only because there wasn’t any. I can only hope Horizon picks up the Freewing line the way they did the FMS line. I’ve always loved the F4.

I have yet to have any quality issues with an airplane from MRC. The only issue I have had was with a non working servo I got separately and MRC promptly sent out a replacement without a hassle. Since then I have noticed that they test every servo and battery before they ship them. MRC is now my main go to shop and I only buy else where if MRC does not carry something I am looking for.
                I can't say the same about the Quality Control of some of the other online shops I have dealt with.

Comment

• You really think 3 mins is the max flight time on the 8s 12b setup? I am with you on the 12b whoosh so I ordered the 8s version. Just picked up 90mm 12b fans for the A10 as well. 3 mins is pretty short for the F4 though. With throttle management, I like to get 4 mins before dropping the gear on my jets. I was considering 8s Roaring Top 6250s.
                  Brian

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  When our customers all have theirs first and these become available in stock I am considering the 8S 12B. I have a 1,800 foot paved runway so takeoff and landing roll out isn't a concern without brakes but I am a sucker for the WOOSH of the 12 blade over the 9. The 3 minute flights don't bother me as much as they do others. As you say Alpha, getting another battery doubles your flight time in a manner of speaking so that's the way to go for me. Thoughts?

Comment

I am very sorry to hear this is your experience with us Dan. We work relentlessly to give our customers quality product and the best customer service in the business. If you do not agree, please contact Martin our Customer Service Manager via our support page. You can tell him that Todd sent you his way. We go to great lengths to ensure all of our customers feel they are getting top notch customer service and support. Martin can review your purchases and any tech support issues that you have presented so we can rectify any problems you have had.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbler View Post
                      You really think 3 mins is the max flight time on the 8s 12b setup? I am with you on the 12b whoosh so I ordered the 8s version. Just picked up 90mm 12b fans for the A10 as well. 3 mins is pretty short for the F4 though. With throttle management, I like to get 4 mins before dropping the gear on my jets. I was considering 8s Roaring Top 6250s.
                      With good throttle management and especially using 6250's you should have no problem reaching 4 minutes. I have found for me 3-3:30 is my average for most jets.

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbler View Post
                        You really think 3 mins is the max flight time on the 8s 12b setup? I am with you on the 12b whoosh so I ordered the 8s version. Just picked up 90mm 12b fans for the A10 as well. 3 mins is pretty short for the F4 though. With throttle management, I like to get 4 mins before dropping the gear on my jets. I was considering 8s Roaring Top 6250s.
                        Brian
                        Hey Tumbler, welcome home. I fly the stock 6s PNP F-4 on 6s 5000 longer than three minutes, and some of the videos from the other guys show longer flight times, too. AceMiGKiller's review estimates 3-4 minutes. I'm down by 4:00 though, not dropping gear at 4:00.

Of course, knowing you, I'd safely say you're one of the guys in my mind who'd be more happy with the 8s 12b version, so I'm glad to see you got that one. Your Roaring Top 8s 6250 should fit fine and give you the flight duration you want with energy management. Ryan posted battery bay dimensions earlier in this thread, but if you posted your battery dimensions I can verify fit for you with my own F-4 here.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

You must be dialing Ebay!

Comment

Dan, you have piqued my interest because what you have described is clearly not the Motion we know and love. In fact, your experience is quite contrary to what numerous people here have described. You said there were major problems with two of three models you got from them. What models and how long ago did you purchase them from Motion? What were the issues and circumstances surrounding their problems? What contact did you have with them concerning the problems? You have charged them with a lack of customer service and even that there was none but without some more details it is difficult for us here on the Squawk to relate to what you are saying. For you to jump on this thread and say what you said is pretty serious but unfortunately you have not given us any reason to believe you. Please help us to understand what happened so that those problems may be corrected and avoided in the future.

Comment

• Even when attacked with no direct evidence, they respond with class, and offer to help.

I think that pretty much summarizes the situation.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20180216_205852.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	118459 This is going to be quite the project...

Comment

• Before you get to far, take a look at this ( love your line drawing skills though :) )

https://www.kiteplans.org/planos/hem...emisphere.html It's old info, but good info

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180216_205852.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	118459 This is going to be quite the project...
                                    Holy cow Steve, you're going with that many gores/ panels? I've been doing some reading about model 'chutes and haven't seen anything in the appropriate size that's close to scale- yours certainly will be! Happy sewing!:Cool:
                                    Tom

Comment

Being in the business end of the hobby I know for a fact that Horizon service isn't what it was by a long shot. Since FMS ( along with many other brands) are NOT a not a proprietary Horizon Brand warranty's are hit or miss on these brands.
                                      Every dealing I have had with Motion has exceeded my expectation. Your experience with Motion is differently not the norm.

Mike
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• YUP LOVE Motion! X 10 EXCELLENT customer service.
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Holy cow Steve, you're going with that many gores/ panels? I've been doing some reading about model 'chutes and haven't seen anything in the appropriate size that's close to scale- yours certainly will be! Happy sewing!:Cool:
                                          Tom
                                          I will try to post progress as I go. Many thanks to Helmsman52 for helpng me with this by relating information he has found and some images. I plan to try a little different approach from making Gore's. This thing could quickly turn into a mess and I don't know what size the tail end of the fuse is where it would have to fit. I have some 1.1 oz calendared rip stop nylon that I ordered and plan to use 80# test braided Spyder Wire for the chute cords. This is basically what I am shooting for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch-1.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	118469

I may succeed or I may fail but I am at least going to give it a shot. I also plan to reinforce the tail where it anchors to the plane.

Comment

Working...
                                          X