X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Anything over 80 is too large for transport.
    I’m lucky, plenty of room in my Mits Montero XL, I can’t believe they stopped making them. Hey Rifle did you see my post in what’s next Alpha ? ......HSD early notice T-33, guys swear that it’s to beat Freewing at their release of their 90mm T-33. These particular guys are deeply embedded, makes me wonder, they called the FW 80mm A-10 6 months before it was released.

Comment

• Yes I did, and oh yeah that would be something of that's what brought the HSD on. I did get 7 planes in my equinox for tomorrow. Including the T28. However alot of parts had to be removed to get everything in there. That's my pain with big planes. But yes it can be done

Comment

Yes I did, and oh yeah that would be something of that's what brought the HSD on. I did get 7 planes in my equinox for tomorrow. Including the T28. However alot of parts had to be removed to get everything in there. That's my pain with big planes. But yes it can be done
        Maybe it will have removeable wings? Or maybe it's time to start looking at trailers. Either way, too big for my field.

Comment

• Unfortunately trailers cost fuel. That's what keeps me from using those

Comment

Unfortunately trailers cost fuel. That's what keeps me from using those
            Have you measured your interior? Put down the back seat and measure from the dashboard to the hatchback, then crosswise at the narrowest point. That's how I fit a 51" XB-70 into my Chevy Aveo.

Comment

• The news of a large T-33 and release of the HSD super viper in a Navy/Marine scheme has taken the wind out of my FOIL sails. These 2 new ships fit the bill and consume most of my budget. Especially if the Foil or any other releases are of weird planes.

Comment

• I have a feeling Foil will be available several months before the HSD T-33 even goes into production.

MRC was nice enough to announce the A-4 on my birthday last year. Was hoping this year Foil would be announced for my birthday. But alas, it was not to be. But I'll still take a belated birthday present (hint, hint)! ;)
                Pat

Comment

• It will be on my birthday. Aug 18. ;) :) get'er done!
                  as for dropping the seats, not gonna happen, this car I got when I returned from Germany. It has 2 10" subs in the back, from my younger days. Also my personal memorial to some of my lost buddies who them and I use to put these things in cars for soldiers to get extra money. So taking them out also isn't an option.

Comment

It will be on my birthday. Aug 18. ;) :) get'er done!
                    as for dropping the seats, not gonna happen, this car I got when I returned from Germany. It has 2 10" subs in the back, from my younger days. Also my personal memorial to some of my lost buddies who them and I use to put these things in cars for soldiers to get extra money. So taking them out also isn't an option.
                    Well that leaves the roof. And if the planes big enough, and you're going fast into a high wind, you might end up with something like this:

Comment

• Foil has already shown up on MRC website....
                      Wonder Womans invisible jet

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                        Foil has already shown up on MRC website....
                        Wonder Womans invisible jet
                        I thought it was the B-21 with the cloaking device Captain Kirk stole.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

I'd have to go with a VAQ-129 scheme, or an imaginary "never" happened Q-3 Moondog paint job. We be jammin!
                          My Helicopter Squadron's hanger was right next to VAQ-129's hanger, but I can't remember what the tail art looked like to save my life. Too Long, but we shared a hanger with VAQ-132, I remember their tail art quite well.

Woody

If foil is a T-33 well, Meh. Wont be a must have for me. Pretty planes, just were never particularly good planes in my opinion. We had one based at the airport where I grew up. They never really had enough power, but were very nice to watch fly around. We actually had a an operational Vampire Jet there too. Same basic thing low on power, but looked great in a dive. Jets weren't really that good in that era. In my opinion the first real jet was an F-86. To be frank, your basic 60's model Lear Jet would literally fly rings around either of these jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

My Helicopter Squadron's hanger was right next to VAQ-129's hanger, but I can't remember what the tail art looked like to save my life. Too Long, but we shared a hanger with VAQ-132, I remember their tail art quite well.

Woody

If foil is a T-33 well, Meh. Wont be a must have for me. Pretty planes, just were never particularly good planes in my opinion. We had one based at the airport where I grew up. They never really had enough power, but were very nice to watch fly around. We actually had a an operational Vampire Jet there too. Same basic thing low on power, but looked great in a dive. Jets weren't really that good in that era. In my opinion the first real jet was an F-86. To be frank, your basic 60's model Lear Jet would literally fly rings around either of these jets.
                            It's called innovation. A 1935 Messerschmidt ME-109 could easily shred a 1932 Boeing P-26 "Peashooter", and yet get ripped by a 1940 P-51. And it was even worse during the 1948-1950 period of the jet era where frontline squadrons were getting planes that had already been superseded by models just entering flight test. Remember, it was only 45 years from Kitty Hawk to Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier, but a mere 23 years from the Glamorous Glennis to the Eagle touching down at Tranquility Base.

Comment

• Ya know Valk, good point. Things change, and quickly. But we don't have warp drive yet. : )

Woody

I think everyone should be careful how much to hype these things. We're suppose to be guessing, Not trying to create a bunch of unrealistic expectations. I'm sure many would love a nice T-33.

Comment

• Maybe they are developing that for the SPACE FORCE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                  Maybe they are developing that for the SPACE FORCE!
                                  LOL

Comment

• Well just remember some jets weren't meant for speed. Like the A10. So it's not the speed that matters but the history, and bringing that history to life in the air. Otherwise it's just a mere toy.

Comment

Well just remember some jets weren't meant for speed. Like the A10. So it's not the speed that matters but the history, and bringing that history to life in the air. Otherwise it's just a mere toy.
                                      Well Said......completely agree. Let’s enjoy the guessing game, but remember it’s just a game.

Comment

• Hooah! That it is. It will be interesting to see what is actually gonna become of this project. I thrive on history and in a very small way being it back to life. The coolest thing to me is not just the flying, but when one of my friends at the field who is a Korean war veteran, enjoys when I fly the tigercat as well as the corsair. He then tells me how he remembers those corsairs cutting through the valleys dropping neipolm and ripping out of there as quickly as they came. It's those kind of things all the money in the world cannot buy, and I do feel blessed to bring back the happy times for him. As he seen many more not so happy times for sure.

Comment

• Imagine not wanting to fly a model of a WW1 fighter because back then they didn’t have a throttle, just an on- off switch! Even the VIetnam era jets, like an A-7 Corsair II, required the entire runway and then fly for a mile in ground effect if carrying ordnance. Tech speaking by today’s standards they were all dogs but as r/c aircraft I love them all! I want them all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X