Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does foil even exist?

Comment

• Yes... Just hang in there. Hoot, Foil, Five-Eyes, and two more... There were five that were all out there. Everyone is just focusing on Foil due to the "game"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        Yes... Just hang in there. Hoot, Foil, Five-Eyes, and two more... There were five that were all out there. Everyone is just focusing on Foil due to the "game"...
        Trident and Wolves were the other two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
          The L39 is the Hoot...we just could not refrain from commenting it xDD. As far as I thought the Foil project is still going..?
          Thanks, not following this thread, the L-39 threw me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
            Just watched the Thursday jet jam vidio. Their are two T33 jets. One is red and one is done up in Navy.
            Hmmmm....They seem to gravitate towards them
            And say their composite and am sure they are....but..... Also theirs a pic of a grey
            One sitting on a static stand. They say things come in threes.....?
            Could these be subliminal clues ?
            Doubt it's Foil because one of the clues was a plane never before modeled. RC Lander had a T-33, HSD's coming out with one, and SkyAngel's had one even longer than Lander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Doubt it's Foil because one of the clues was a plane never before modeled. RC Lander had a T-33, HSD's coming out with one, and SkyAngel's had one even longer than Lander.
              Never modelled in foam ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

While discontinued, please read the link for the RC Lander T-33 at this site:

Comment

And I can assure you that the SkyAngel version is foam since I just finished building it and modified it for landing gear. But don't take my word for it, check out the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION at this page:
                  Mini T-33 V2 w/ Gyro RC EDF Jet from BananaHobby.com. Shop our selection of RC Airplanes to find your RC EDF Fighter Jet including the Mini T-33 V2 w/ Gyro Radio Controlled EDF Jet and other quality EDF Jets

Comment

• Sorry, guys - I was only trying to clarify the hint we've been given. It's not that FOIL hasn't been modeled, it's that FOIL hasn't been modeled in foam. I wasn't addressing whether a T-33 has or hasn't been done in foam.

Comment

• I don't recall any comments from MRC stating that Project Foil was something that has never been modeled (in foam) before. I do recall statements saying their philosophy is to bring models to market that have never been done in foam before, but not specifically related to Foil.
                      Pat

Comment

Sorry, guys - I was only trying to clarify the hint we've been given. It's not that FOIL hasn't been modeled, it's that FOIL hasn't been modeled in foam. I wasn't addressing whether a T-33 has or hasn't been done in foam.
                        What did you think the rclander T-33 was made out of?

Comment

• The fantastic thing is that there are airplanes manufactured in specific sizes in foam from various manufacturers that were either done so many years ago that they are dated in their design and technology (and therefore were advanced model aircraft for their time), or were done poorly to begin with. That leaves a whole lot of airplanes to model now, foam or not, and regardless of whether it’s been attempted in the past. :Cool::)

Freewing and Motion, continue impressing me......and separating me from my money LOL. You sneaky sneaky little devils......and angels. :Devil::Sacred:

P.S. I’m must mention, these emoticons are fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post

What did you think the rclander T-33 was made out of?
                            Again, I say "I wasn't addressing whether a T-33 has or hasn't been done in foam" (but it has). My post (#646) was only intended to clarify the hint about FOIL, which I can't verify even originated from MRC.

Comment

Again, I say "I wasn't addressing whether a T-33 has or hasn't been done in foam" (but it has). My post (#646) was only intended to clarify the hint about FOIL, which I can't verify even originated from MRC.
                              :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

I think it can also mean that it hasn't been done in foam in a particular size as well. For example, a 90mm (fill in the blank) has never been done in foam before.

Comment

• So what do we have so far for project Foil.
                                  1. Foil = EDF
                                  2. Hoot = Fast but Foil = Faster
                                  3. History:
                                    1. Military Campaigns, Projects,
                                    2. Alphas prior hints / clues, pattern, pilots
                                  4. Cloud Atlas:
                                    1. A story: consists of six nested stories, whereof each is read (or observed) by a main character of the next. The first five stories are each interrupted at a pivotal moment. After the sixth story, the other five stories are closed, in reverse chronological order, and each ends with the main character reading or observing the chronologically previous work in the chain. Each story contains a document, movie, or tradition that appears in a previous story. "Reincarnation"
                                  5. Ozymandias:
                                    1. A poem that describes a broken statue of a legendary king of ancient times, lying forgotten in the desert, with these words carved on its base: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
                                    2. An ancient Greek name for Ramses II of Egypt
                                    3. The poem Ozymandias is ironic as it mocks the "King of Kings". What was once great is now in shambles. (Man's Hubris?)
                                  6. Foil:
                                    1. To prevent (something considered wrong or undesirable) from succeeding. (Na..)
                                    2. The track or scent of a hunted animal. (Maybe - Radar tracking?)
                                    3. A light fencing sword without cutting edges but with a button on its point. ( a Saber? Na to obvious.)
                                    4. In fiction, a character who contrasts with another character to highlight particular qualities of the other character. In some cases, a subplot can be used as a foil to the main plot. (na)
                                    5. Math's - foil method? (Na)
                                  7. Ruled out:
                                    1. Alpha Post #552 - Not an An SR-71 Black bird (Black Paint on foam) an not a Foxbat. (drat).
                                  So, it is Historic, Fast, spawned many generations, great plane but now lies in the desert and was used to stop other planes. (an Interceptor?)

What other breadcrumbs were dropped to tease us....

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
                                    So what do we have so far for project Foil.
                                    1. Foil = EDF
                                    2. Hoot = Fast but Foil = Faster
                                    3. History:
                                      1. Military Campaigns, Projects,
                                      2. Alphas prior hints / clues, pattern, pilots
                                    4. Cloud Atlas:
                                      1. A story: consists of six nested stories, whereof each is read (or observed) by a main character of the next. The first five stories are each interrupted at a pivotal moment. After the sixth story, the other five stories are closed, in reverse chronological order, and each ends with the main character reading or observing the chronologically previous work in the chain. Each story contains a document, movie, or tradition that appears in a previous story. "Reincarnation"
                                    5. Ozymandias:
                                      1. A poem that describes a broken statue of a legendary king of ancient times, lying forgotten in the desert, with these words carved on its base: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
                                      2. An ancient Greek name for Ramses II of Egypt
                                      3. The poem Ozymandias is ironic as it mocks the "King of Kings". What was once great is now in shambles. (Man's Hubris?)
                                    6. Foil:
                                      1. To prevent (something considered wrong or undesirable) from succeeding. (Na..)
                                      2. The track or scent of a hunted animal. (Maybe - Radar tracking?)
                                      3. A light fencing sword without cutting edges but with a button on its point. ( a Saber? Na to obvious.)
                                      4. In fiction, a character who contrasts with another character to highlight particular qualities of the other character. In some cases, a subplot can be used as a foil to the main plot. (na)
                                      5. Math's - foil method? (Na)
                                    7. Ruled out:
                                      1. Alpha Post #552 - Not an An SR-71 Black bird (Black Paint on foam) an not a Foxbat. (drat).
                                    So, it is Historic, Fast, spawned many generations, great plane but now lies in the desert and was used to stop other planes. (an Interceptor?)

What other breadcrumbs were dropped to tease us....
                                    That would describe the F-100. An interceptor, first of the "Century Series" and probably a couple at Davis-Mohan, BUT it's been done in foam before by FlyFly, But it also describes the F-102, which was the basis of the F-106 and F2Y Sea Dart, AND as far as I know, HAS NOT been mass produced in foam. The closest was the Great Planes Phazer.

Comment

• Valkpilot,

What post was the "not done in foam" in? Missed that one

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I think it can also mean that it hasn't been done in foam in a particular size as well. For example, a 90mm (fill in the blank) has never been done in foam before.
                                        And that supports my 90mm ( w/ new 12B FW 90) F-22 theory. Never have been a 90mm done in foam before.
                                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

And that supports my 90mm ( w/ new 12B FW 90) F-22 theory. Never have been a 90mm done in foam before.
                                          Or twin 80mm for that matter. ;)
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X