X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any idea when the "foil" will be announced not bothered what it is but just don't want to be hanging on from buying my next jet because I might regret my purchase motion are losing trade while people are waiting

Comment

• Unfortunately no, hopefully by the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Because I don't think the Soviet Union gave their military aircraft names like the West does. They just called it a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19.
        It's more than that. They'd use names like Projekt 211, but not all ways sequentially. For example Projekt 211 might be the MiG-15 but Projekt 107 might be the MiG-21. Plus, it allowed information to be relayed on unsecured system in a emergency.

Comment

• I heard FW bought the JPowers molds and the new edf will be a 50mm. Just kidding.
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
            I heard FW bought the JPowers molds and the new edf will be a 50mm. Just kidding.
            You're more of a tease than Alpha. BTW there may not be molds involved. I've seen some 3D printed versions on line.

Comment

• I don't get the point of the "secret" projects anyway. The other guys seem to come out with the same or similar thing right away. The only people kept in the dark are the customers.

And, for the conspiracy minded, why doesn't Alpha ever show up on camera? (not that it really matters...but interesting though)
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Dear Seaviper, Alpha is not really one person. He is more a meeting of many minds. Perhaps all the employees of Motion get together and choose which one gets to make the next post? I don't think there is any conspiracy at all, right Muldur? Any way, I got a response from him(them) one time, about a post I put up, so I want to thank everybody at Motion for trying to make us all happy. I put $600.00 away in my savings account just in case Project Foil is really something I must have. But then, I always wanted a T-33 that was practical and affordable. Something that didn't look like a toy, nor made me mortgage the farm just to own it. Thank you to all the Alphas out there. Now it's Sunday, so have to go flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                  I don't get the point of the "secret" projects anyway. The other guys seem to come out with the same or similar thing right away. The only people kept in the dark are the customers.

And, for the conspiracy minded, why doesn't Alpha ever show up on camera? (not that it really matters...but interesting though)
                  Oh, he has been known to "show up" on camera a time or two in the past. I have even, as more than a few other pilots here in the forum, had the pleasure of hanging out with him and getting some flying in? In all honesty, he is one of the coolest cats I have ever met in the hobby and is one of the easiest guys to be around that I have ever met. I assure you, he is VERY much a "real" person.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchwhite001 View Post
                    , I always wanted a T-33 that was practical and affordable. Something that didn't look like a toy, nor made me mortgage the farm just to own it. Thank you to all the Alphas out there. Now it's Sunday, so have to go flying.
                    Was that a slip? Someone just spilled the beans?

Comment

• Ooh a t33....nice!

Comment

Ooh a t33....nice!
                        You're a retired ATC. You should be able to build a scale F-14 with a Popsicle stick, a paper clip, and a double-A battery.:)

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	index.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	146612 You got me confused with mcgiver

Comment

• hes a retired center atc...only retired tower guys are able to make things out of a paper clip etc...btw how do u think he opened that can of beans lol

Comment

• Yeah ron you are correct. But i always wanted a tower. I did get to work key west approach a lot though. Those navy dudes bugged out on the holidays. We didnt.

Comment

Yeah ron you are correct. But i always wanted a tower. I did get to work key west approach a lot though. Those navy dudes bugged out on the holidays. We didnt.
                                Ohh, Air Traffic Controller, not Aviation Electronics Technician, Chief Petty Officer. Sorry for the mixup.

Comment

• T minus 15 days and counting.

Comment

• Time for some more conjecture. I got to thinking that Foil might be related to a squadron nickname. For example Project Puking Dogs would be related to US Navy Squadron VFA-143, which flew Corsairs, Panthers, Demons, Phantom IIs, F-14s, and F/A-18s. Here's my latest conjectures, with the caveat that the plane is a jet and does not all ready have a model:

USAF
                                    162d Fighter Squadron (Sabers) flew F-84s and F-100s

USN
                                    VFA-32(Fighting Swordsmen) flew F9F Cougars

Additionally, I heard that another project was "Hoot Owl" which would be USN squadron RVAH-9, who flew the A3D Skywarrior and RA-5 Vigilante.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                      Time for some more conjecture. I got to thinking that Foil might be related to a squadron nickname. For example Project Puking Dogs would be related to US Navy Squadron VFA-143, which flew Corsairs, Panthers, Demons, Phantom IIs, F-14s, and F/A-18s. Here's my latest conjectures, with the caveat that the plane is a jet and does not all ready have a model:

USAF

USN

Additionally, I heard that another project was "Hoot Owl" which would be USN squadron RVAH-9, who flew the A3D Skywarrior and RA-5 Vigilante.
                                      The "Hooters" were on board the Nimitz with their "Turkeys" (Vigi's) when my squadron(VA-35 Black Panthers ) was on board in 76. :Cool:
                                      I'm liking your analogy/conjectures Valk. ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post
                                        Time for some more conjecture. I got to thinking that Foil might be related to a squadron nickname. For example Project Puking Dogs would be related to US Navy Squadron VFA-143, which flew Corsairs, Panthers, Demons, Phantom IIs, F-14s, and F/A-18s. Here's my latest conjectures, with the caveat that the plane is a jet and does not all ready have a model:

USAF

USN

Since the 162nd Tactical Fighter Squadron (Sabers) flew Super Sabers, that would be really cool to have an F100 added to the line in their livery. Same colors - so it would look great sitting next to the Phantom!
                                        This could be an 80mm and would be about the same size as the Scooter.

Image result for 162d Fighter Squadron F-100
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The "Hooters" were on board the Nimitz with their "Turkeys" (Vigi's) when my squadron(VA-35 Black Panthers ) was on board in 76. :Cool:
                                          I'm liking your analogy/conjectures Valk. ;)
                                          What rate were you? And I see your "Ugly" isn't on the casualty list. Too bad it's going to be a while for it to get into the air since you lost all you batteries. Fellow "bird farmer" here, but not an aviation rate. DP3 on Ike, RM2 on GW and IT1 on Stennis.

Comment

Working...
                                          X