Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Foil Guesses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding up the hints my not-too-ingenious guess is that "FOIL" is an F-106 Delta Dart, the king of interceptors that spanned several generations of pilots and now rests in the desert.

Or less likely be a F-100F or F-105F Wild Weasel, that urgently needed to foil the SAM-sites in Vietnam and now rests in the before mentioned desert.

Anyho, it will be great to see the result! The previous releases are truly incredible, both regarding scale apperance and handling qualities. It can not be overstated how much Alpha and Freewing have pushed the envelope for scale EDF:s.
    I for one prefer a really nice scale model of almost anything before a half assed version of my favorite aircraft.
    Keep up the amazing work Alpha!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ditto, L over D!

Comment

• Absolutely that would be beyond sweetness!

Comment

• Originally posted by L over D View Post
          Adding up the hints my not-too-ingenious guess is that "FOIL" is an F-106 Delta Dart...
          I REALLY hope your guess is correct. That is almost too much to hope for - don't know if my heart could stand it! That is my number one wish for the next FW EDF jet. If it does turn out to be the 106 I will be hitting the pre-order button for sure! Actually, I've always been a bit miffed that they've had the Mirage all this time (and now even a V2 Mirage) but no F-106. IMHO F-106 is way cooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogx View Post

I REALLY hope your guess is correct. That is almost too much to hope for - don't know if my heart could stand it! That is my number one wish for the next FW EDF jet. If it does turn out to be the 106 I will be hitting the pre-order button for sure! Actually, I've always been a bit miffed that they've had the Mirage all this time (and now even a V2 Mirage) but no F-106. IMHO F-106 is way cooler.
            Couldn’t have said it better man! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogx View Post

My guess would be that they had to track down who currently holds the licencing rights, if any. On the older planes it may be problematic, tracing it's corporate lineage from who actually built it to who holds the rights today,

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

My guess would be that they had to track down who currently holds the licencing rights, if any. On the older planes it may be problematic, tracing it's corporate lineage from who actually built it to who holds the rights today,
                Parts of Convair were sold to both McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Lockheed Martin. I highly doubt they would have any issues with the name of a defunct company being used anymore, and I don't think either really has rights to the Convair name.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Parts of Convair were sold to both McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Lockheed Martin. I highly doubt they would have any issues with the name of a defunct company being used anymore, and I don't think either really has rights to the Convair name.
                  But it's best to get the rights BEFORE you outlay the capital involved. Vanilla Ice got sued by Queen over the fact that the music part of "Ice Ice Baby" is the same as their song "Under Pressure". Paramount closed down a crowdfunded fanflic "Axanar" because the "trailer" proved that it was studio grade work, AND imposed new onerous guidelines on fanflics . So what do you think would happen to MRC if they were left holding
                  1000 80 mm F-106s what they couldn't sell because of a cease-and-desist order caused by Boeing?

Comment

But it's best to get the rights BEFORE you outlay the capital involved. Vanilla Ice got sued by Queen over the fact that the music part of "Ice Ice Baby" is the same as their song "Under Pressure". Paramount closed down a crowdfunded fanflic "Axanar" because the "trailer" proved that it was studio grade work, AND imposed new onerous guidelines on fanflics . So what do you think would happen to MRC if they were left holding
                    1000 80 mm F-106s what they couldn't sell because of a cease-and-desist order caused by Boeing?
                    I trust Alpha and the Motion crew to get that figured out well before even the initial design phase. Considering they produced the P-38 (previously seen as too expensive to license), I don't doubt they could get pretty much anything figured out!

Comment

I trust Alpha and the Motion crew to get that figured out well before even the initial design phase. Considering they produced the P-38 (previously seen as too expensive to license), I don't doubt they could get pretty much anything figured out!
                      Where did you get that info about the P-38? Flyzone had a UM version and Banana has a large scale version.

Comment

Where did you get that info about the P-38? Flyzone had a UM version and Banana has a large scale version.
                        That was always the response from the Horizon reps on RCG as to why they never produced the P-38 again after the EPS version.

Comment

• OK maybe, if it was in this scheme, high vis

Comment

Couldn’t have said it better man! ;)
                            I'm sure that one day you'll get your DD. I for one would jump on that bandwagon.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

That was always the response from the Horizon reps on RCG as to why they never produced the P-38 again after the EPS version.
                              That is really a bummer too, it was really a nice flying plane. Almost a glider in response, i remember chunking a prop off in mid flight and having to land on a running track of the middle school. It didnt even snap at all on me. The track was ~100 yards away from me at the time. It was surely a butt pucker moment. But man what a sweet flying bird. So with that in mind we give horizon the bird and we buy the best yet designed P38 from motion!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

I'm sure that one day you'll get your DD. I for one would jump on that bandwagon.
                                Thanks Hawk, I hope so! I hope maybe they are secretly holding things back and they'll do a back to back community-requested aircraft announcement; a Freewing F-106 and a Flightline OV-10!

Comment

Well that's to be expected, since they don't have the level of innovation that MRC and it's partners have. Plus it would stop them from producing another Cub variant or P-51.:Cool:

Comment

• Thinking this may be the reason for delays....

Comment

Thanks Hawk, I hope so! I hope maybe they are secretly holding things back and they'll do a back to back community-requested aircraft announcement; a Freewing F-106 and a Flightline OV-10!
                                      Drooling::) Keep bangin that drum DD ;)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That whole licensing thing is ridiculous. The model train industry was going the same way until the head of NS, who is a modeler, decided he would not go for it. So the other railroads gave in. They didn't want all the models just being NS stuff. Seriously how much money can they possibly make off these licensing schemes? All it does is shut down the model industry.

You would think they would be happy to have modelers building their birds. Free publicity.
                                        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                          That whole licensing thing is ridiculous. The model train industry was going the same way until the head of NS, who is a modeler, decided he would not go for it. So the other railroads gave in. They didn't want all the models just being NS stuff. Seriously how much money can they possibly make off these licensing schemes? All it does is shut down the model industry.

You would think they would be happy to have modelers building their birds. Free publicity.
                                          It's called greed. Why else would someone like Disney sue some daycare facilities.
                                          Did Disney insist upon the removal of their cartoon figures from the walls of day care centers?

Comment

Working...
                                          X