X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

God I hope not another green camo plane. They get lost too easily in The Corridor.
    Ha for me its just the opposite,I paint all my white and silver planes camo so I can tell top from bottom easier.
    Gray ,White and silver all blend into the sky for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Yea me too, that plane looks great. I also concur, a blank slate paint job is always welcome. I think this option should be offered with all of your up scale models.

Woody

PS a silver F-100 would be nice too. Problem, silver many times accents the foam, and makes it look like a Foam Ice Chest painted silver. If they cam up with a chrome like paint it would be awesome. But to me at least sliver planes just never look that great.
      Agree completely. Silver is good if you are going to weather it, otherwise looks a little cheesy.

Comment

• +1 the silver ascents the foam texture too much IMHO, flat paint hides the foam look much better
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• I am still hoping for a single 70mm 6s fan T-38 Talon
          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            I’d like to see all FreeWing/Flightline come grey or white primer or aluminum painted. Their paint seems to have better adhesion than what I’ve tried on bare EPO. Then I can rattle can or airbrush what ever colors I want.
            What kind of spray paint do you use? I was thinking that if I got the Lippisch, I'd paint it red for visibility purposes,

Comment

I’d like to see all FreeWing/Flightline come grey or white primer or aluminum painted. Their paint seems to have better adhesion than what I’ve tried on bare EPO. Then I can rattle can or airbrush what ever colors I want.
              I certainly admire the paint schemes that are showcased here, and I appreciate the skill and hard work involved. A bare plane as an option sounds like a good idea. I, however, am one of those guys who only paints when necessary, eg to improve visibility in flight. I want my planes to come out of the box with only assembly required. I don't even want to put on decals. I certainly wouldn't buy a bare plane myself, except in extreme circumstances, like if that was all that was ever going to be available on an airframe I just "HAD" to have. As a business decision I wonder what mix of bare airframes to painted airframes would satisfy the painters while providing the needed sales for MRC?

Comment

• I think it is easy enough to change livery by starting with primer, then customize as needed. That is probably why is doesn't pay for MotionRC to produce "white copies" that may sit on the shelf. I like the idea, but the market may not demand the production.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                  I think it is easy enough to change livery by starting with primer, then customize as needed. That is probably why is doesn't pay for MotionRC to produce "white copies" that may sit on the shelf. I like the idea, but the market may not demand the production.
                  It also has to do a lot with the model and the verity of liveries that that model was painted in real life . A good example of a model that seems to have sold better because of a base grey version is the FW Hawk T1. Most of the ones I have seen have been painted in one of the T-45 liveries. If the F-4 Phantom would had been offered in a base gray version along with the camo from the start It would had sold just as good because of the many other liveries the F-4 has served under. The base grey version should be an option on more future models.

Click image for larger version  Name:	freewing-6s-hawk-t1-base-gray.jpg Views:	2 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	154603

Comment

• I am 100% sure this has already been talked about here but fingers crossed for a F22!!!

I usually post over on RCG but it looks like the majority of the MRC folks post in here much more often so I guess I'll find me a seat over here as well! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

What kind of spray paint do you use? I was thinking that if I got the Lippisch, I'd paint it red for visibility purposes,
                      So far I’ve only used Rustoleum and Krylon spray and various makes of acrylic using a brush. The spray paint for some reason crinkled after the second coat, and I’m afraid to try that again. I bought an airbrush but haven’t had time to learn to use it.

Im a little disappointed in the L-39 release. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful looking jet and I’ll probably own one, but if your going to do a 80mm straight winged jet, why couldn’t it be a Lockheed Shooting Star???:Crying:

Comment

So far I’ve only used Rustoleum and Krylon spray and various makes of acrylic using a brush. The spray paint for some reason crinkled after the second coat, and I’m afraid to try that again. I bought an airbrush but haven’t had time to learn to use it.

Im a little disappointed in the L-39 release. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful looking jet and I’ll probably own one, but if your going to do a 80mm straight winged jet, why couldn’t it be a Lockheed Shooting Star???:Crying:
                        The L-39 may have been chosen because of its popularity in Europe. And since MC has recently entered the European market its going to need more models that will appeal to them. The Shooting star was only ever operated in North and South America. So we might have to think of other American made models that were also operated in Europe. :Thinking:

Comment

In a way, the L-39 is the former Eastern Block equivelent of a T-38 Talon, especially since many European air acrobatic teams use it. As for the P-80, I would like one in either 64 nn with optional landing gear or as a 70 mm with retracts. Until then, I'll just have to make do with my "screaming little" 50 mm T-33.

Comment

• Man are they dragging this one out or what? Or for that matter, any of the other proposed projects.

Comment

• Many of the early jets never gained world wide use, but come on, the first operational US jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                Man are they dragging this one out or what? Or for that matter, any of the other proposed projects.
                                We are just trying to give your wallets a break. ;)

Don't worry...the calm before the fun storm is nearing completion and yes it will all be worth it. :Cool:
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Ya'll, I digress from the intent of this thread, but as one who will always find a way to build the kit to look like the image in my mind's eye, even a 'grey' version would be suspect as the livery I choose to paint over that is only as good as the base coat of whatever color paint is on the kit. It's not that I wouldn't like to have version options, as I would prefer a 'no finish option' but that's just me. This option would not have to be any less expensive for me as a great model is a great model. In the big picture, it matters little as this is a hobby after all and as long as MotionRC continues to produce such great models we all benefit. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Don't worry...the calm before the fun storm is nearing completion and yes it will all be worth it. :Cool:
                                    Cant wait to see the next release. Initially I was a little disappointed with the release of the L-39. Which is weird because it is my favorite next to the F-100. Maybe it is the paint scheme. I have had several Hobby Top Gun L-39’s. If you google Hobby Top Gun L-39 I promise you will see me either showing one of them off or flying one at EBRC. All were 90mm on 6s or 8s. I guess I was hoping for something in the 90mm class and BIG!! I am getting burnt out on this thread, hurry up MRC, money burning my pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

I hear you Aros, just like to poke the bear if appears he is sleeping!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

The L-39 may have been chosen because of its popularity in Europe. And since MC has recently entered the European market its going to need more models that will appeal to them. The Shooting star was only ever operated in North and South America. So we might have to think of other American made models that were also operated in Europe. :Thinking:
                                        When you say operated, do you mean used by countries in Europe, or used in Europe? If it's used in, then the P-80 qualifies, because not only was it used in Europe,a batch of the prototypes were used in WWII.
                                        Article about Project Extraversion and the four P-80 Shooting Stars that served in Europe before the end of World War II.

Comment

• Make America great again... Make an AMERICAN trainer!! The T-38 has trained every American Fighter pilot since 1959.
                                          My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Working...
                                          X