X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Alpha has hooked up with that dude in Europe who has been working on the VTOL system for a version of the F35. That would be a cool offering; but the VTOL aspect would be a "battery hog". It would be a great thing to master the transition from hover to full flight....

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I believe one of Alphas clues was that it is a super cool plane that will be loved by the masses.
      If it HAS to big a MiG, it should be THIS ONE!

Comment

• The given clues for Project Foil wouldn't really fit with that bird, but it's an interesting choice.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

If it HAS to big a MiG, it should be THIS ONE!
          Bad movie, nice plane

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            The given clues for Project Foil wouldn't really fit with that bird, but it's an interesting choice.
            Do we have a list of verified clues somewhere? I keep seeing stuff like "Alpha said it is a plane they have done before" then I hear "Alpha said this has never been modeled in foam before."

Can we put together a list of verified clues and where Alpha (or other MRC employees) have stated them?

Comment

• Sure, please do

Comment

• Post #759

OK so let the guessing game begin again. What clues do we have so far for project Foil.
                1. Alphas History:
                  • Military Campaigns and Pilots
                  • Alphas prior hints / clues, pattern
                  • Likes Military, History and Literature?
                2. Foil to be in 2018
                3. Foil is an EDF
                4. Hoot was Fast but Foil is Faster
                5. Cloud Atlas:
                  • Book Reference
                  • Movie Reference
                  • Breaking Bad Episode
                6. Ozymandias:
                  • Poem Meaning and references
                  • King of Kings
                  • Egypt
                7. Foil Definitions:
                  • To prevent (something considered wrong or undesirable) from succeeding.
                  • The track or scent of a hunted animal. (Maybe - Radar tracking?)
                  • A light fencing sword without cutting edges but with a button on its point. (Na to obvious.)
                8. Ruled out:
                  • Alpha Post #552 - Not an SR-71 Black bird and not a Foxbat

Post #871

Alpha added after this

it is not raw aluminum.
                it is not a Hustler.

Cannot find post where alpha referenced foil was not done in foam before.

Alpha also talked about it not being Black, and must able to sell to recover development costs. (That's a lot of carrots) So nothing too off the path from current and must compliment the MRC lineup I would think.

All I found browsing.. any more?

Ok, so ?

Must be faster that Hoot (L-39 is 530mph)
                From the Former Soviet Union? (Ozymandias reference) Also reference to desert.
                Has an after burner?
                Is FOIL an Acronym?
                Is it non military?

Knowing Alpha, its a 90mm EDF sleigh with eight tiny reindeer with flight jackets and grass field capable... Cheers:Cool:

Comment

• Mig -15 is now my considered opinion.

Comment

• Russia Concorde?

Comment

• I have added wolpertinger's "list of clues" to the very first post to make it easier to reference going forward. Many thanks!

Comment

• So it appears some of the other stuff I have heard has never been confirmed or was just made up I guess? The stuff about whether it has ever been modeled before, etc.

Comment

• Almost any jet would be faster than an l-39, unless it's another low powered trainer.

Comment

• I'll contribute a few more pointers, just to keep playing along with this riddle guessing game. Again, please don't interpret this as baiting. The purpose of this thread --that I didn't start-- is to openly guess what one of the MANY next planes from Motion RC will be. There's nothing officially implied as to when or what or why or whatever will be released. So this is all in FUN. Try to convince yourselves and others why you're right, but I won't ever actually confirm what it is until we're ready to release it. As another aside, I'll never understand why Project Foil received so much scrutiny and attention over all of the other Project names we've released... perhaps y'all just really like malleable metals, or have enduring memories of Boy Scout-grade campfire cooking methods?

1) Foil is not an acronym.

2) It's not small.

3) Guess again, it's not Russian.

4) Have I said it's never been modeled before? I don't recall ever saying that.

5) The reference about "King of Kings" above sounds nice, but doesn't quite fit depending on who you ask.

6) Everyone won't like it, but some of you will go absolutely nuts.

7) Reindeer in flight jackets definitely comprise the flight crew.

Bonus Hint: One of those hints above is not true.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Dear Alpha, you made me snort my drink. LOL

My guess for "Foil" is: a Vulcan Bomber with twin 70's or 80's (the real plane had four jets, but the model could use two with a bifurcated outlet).
                              Its large, its very exciting, and some people (me) would go absolutely bonkers over it while others won't. The delta planform (and large wing) would make it very easy to fly.
                              I have no idea how "Foil" fits in, but your project names usually have nothing to do with the plane!!

After flying at airshows in England for several years, this plane was finally retired in 2015 because it was deemed impossible to continue maintaining it in flying status (costs and resources). You could say its career was "foiled" by the maintenance contractor....

If I was coming up with a project name for this, I would have called it "Howel".

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Bring it on!!! I will buy it even if it does have reindeer.... ;)

Comment

• For me, I am so interested in Foil because it has been confirmed to be an EDF and any EDF from Alpha is exciting. But, now that you mention it, I think this is the only project name that I know about right now. Are there others with clues that have been talked about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                    Almost any jet would be faster than an l-39, unless it's another low powered trainer.
                                    You sneaky dog Alpha. That really intrigued me mate. It's nice to hear it could have possibly be done before. Gives me a bit of optimism.

Woody

Comment

• Hmmm if not Russian then from the previous hints I guess that makes me lean towards my prior F-111 guess...

Hopefully it'll be that, twin 80mm, and have plenty of power for awesome aerobatics!

Comment

• Merry Christmas ya'll lol looks like we have a couple months left to wait on this one

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Merry Christmas ya'll lol looks like we have a couple months left to wait on this one
                                          What makes you say that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X