X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Yes they are, this was flown with a 4500 pack. So itll push 6 minutes with the 4500, i know some guys who get close to that with smaller packs. Its a very nice flying plane for the money
    Duly noted! More research for me. Good video post. Good day....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

Yep Rifleman,I have 3 FMS Yak 130 that I love they do great off grass,
      I bought the 70mm FW F16 wouldnt get off at all.
      seems some 70s will do fine,others not so much
      Im suprised the 80mm have trouble. :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
        I just hope its twin 80mm or large enough for 2 4s 5000mah for 8s so it can get off grass.

I have the Mig 21 and the F86 both with the inrunners ,its a crap shoot weither they will get off the runway.

So I have stayed away from the other 80mm so far.

I have the F4 on 8s which does good...I doubt the 6s would be much better than the 80mm

So please Alpha just make it big enough for good size landing gear and a power to weight ratio for grass.

Im sure there are more grass fliers than those lucky enough to have an actual runway.
        It sounds like you need a jet that was originally designed to be able to take off rough air strips such as the SEPECAT Jaguar. And a twin 70mm setup should provide sufficient scale power. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

It sounds like you need a jet that was originally designed to be able to take off rough air strips such as the SEPECAT Jaguar. And a twin 70mm setup should provide sufficient scale power. ;)

Looks interesting,Im in!

Comment

• You know, when Alpha first dropped the Project Foil name, I immediately thought F-100 like a lot of others. But the more I think on it, I get the feeling we're going to be getting a 90mm Super Scale F-106 Delta Dart with scale gear and doors, vulcan gun pod, functioning weapons bay doors, and functioning speed brake (and room enough for a drag chute mod!).

And if I'm correct, please please make one of the available schemes the Air Defense Weapons Center at Tyndall AFB.

Pat

Comment

• Now you've gone and wound DD all up. LOL
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Now that you mention it that looks like one sweet bird!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                  Now that you mention it that looks like one sweet bird!
                  It certainly is :):). Man, a super scale 106 would be beyond awesome :Drooling:! Lots of possibilities for paint schemes, and an opening weapons bay would be the icing on the cake!

Comment

• This is the other scheme I'd be happy with.

Pat

Comment

• I’ve got 2 favorites personally, 87th FIS and B-1B Chase. Click image for larger version  Name:	B1DCB221-6D59-4741-93D4-B9F11E1C45A8.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	157664

Click image for larger version  Name:	AD7B5661-A688-4E6B-AE3A-A41C250006C6.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	157666
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	87D29FC9-5580-4004-A691-33E1FC2B2A23.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	157665

Comment

• I like the F-106 but realistically I don't see a 90mm super scale model being economically feasible. A super scale F-106 is just not going to sell like hot cakes like the F-4 Phantom at $500 a pop.
                        Now a 80mm would be the sweet spot for this model.

Comment

• I for one would take a pass on the 106, holding out for the HSD 105mm T-33

Comment

• I had a vision, maybe it's a twin 80mm or twin 90mm F-18 Hornet or super Hornet. Scale gear and large and in charge

Comment

• F7-U Cutlass, get it? Foil......Cutlass.... another type of sword Click image for larger version  Name:	Cutlass960_640.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	157676

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                I had a vision, maybe it's a twin 80mm or twin 90mm F-18 Hornet or super Hornet. Scale gear and large and in charge
                                I think a scale Super Hornet would be pretty nice. I personally don't see Freewing doing a twin though. I think it would increase the weight and wing loading. It would sound good. I think part of the Freewing formula is using a single fan unit to keep the planes lighter, lower the wing loading, and result in a better flying model.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                                  I for one would take a pass on the 106, holding out for the HSD 105mm T-33
                                  Problem with the HSD is price point. I rarely spend 500 for a plane, and never pay over 1K, just my personal rule. HSD needs to start focusing a little more on planes common folk can afford to fly.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Problem with the HSD is price point. I rarely spend 500 for a plane, and never pay over 1K, just my personal rule. HSD needs to start focusing a little more on planes common folk can afford to fly.

Woody
                                    But then they have to compete with FW and FMS which are both making great, affordable models right now. But, neither of those go over 90mm which leaves that market to HSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

But then they have to compete with FW and FMS which are both making great, affordable models right now. But, neither of those go over 90mm which leaves that market to HSD.
                                      I suppose, they can have that part of the market, I'm not part of it.

Best Regards
                                      Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Woody
                                        I really do not see HSD as a competator to FW on price point as there market appears to be primarily for that transition to turbines. They offer the turbine ARF plus kits and offer the larger EDF as a secondary choice. Right now the next release is a T33 to be followed by an F86. They do have some 90mm at the 450 range but now that BH involved, forget any CS based on my history...

Now that FOIL plane has to be a big twin edf F18/Growler or maybe a curve ball like a 90mm F9F Cougar....:Ligthbulb: Any who, I am content to wait, as Christmas is near and Alphas sled is getting ready. .:)

Comment

• FOIL is related to Cutlas. But it is more closely related Rapier...as in XF-108 Rapier
                                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                                          X