X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Foil' could be a Sabre, or a Super Sabre, or a Cutlass, or a Rapier.... but Alpha's told us over and over that the project name is just a code word that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the plane. Although it might... But it probably isn't going to be a sword plane.

I don't think it would be an F7U Gutless, that plane IRL was a dog. Although it sure looks cool, it wasn't very successful. I'm thinking we'll see a F22 but personally I would like to see C-130 (the heck with Avios) or a AVRO Vulcan.

Cool story bro - there was an F7U Cutlass in Walter Soplata's junk collection, which is about 2 miles from my house in NE Ohio. Not sure if its still there now. But I saw it. it is a bizarre-looking airplane, like something an alien would have.

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Imagine the possibilities!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        "Foil' could be a Sabre, or a Super Sabre, or a Cutlass, or a Rapier.... but Alpha's told us over and over that the project name is just a code word that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the plane. Although it might... But it probably isn't going to be a sword plane.

I don't think it would be an F7U Gutless, that plane IRL was a dog. Although it sure looks cool, it wasn't very successful. I'm thinking we'll see a F22 but personally I would like to see C-130 (the heck with Avios) or a AVRO Vulcan.

Cool story bro - there was an F7U Cutlass in Walter Soplata's junk collection, which is about 2 miles from my house in NE Ohio. Not sure if its still there now. But I saw it. it is a bizarre-looking airplane, like something an alien would have.

There was one in a park near me (griffith park in los angeles) when I was a child, then it disappeared, turns out it's restored in a museum.... before and after pics
        Attached Files

Comment

• id love to see a 80 mm F9F, make it up like Neil Armstrong's Korean war VF51

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
            You know, when Alpha first dropped the Project Foil name, I immediately thought F-100 like a lot of others. But the more I think on it, I get the feeling we're going to be getting a 90mm Super Scale F-106 Delta Dart with scale gear and doors, vulcan gun pod, functioning weapons bay doors, and functioning speed brake (and room enough for a drag chute mod!).

And if I'm correct, please please make one of the available schemes the Air Defense Weapons Center at Tyndall AFB.

I'm not a huge fan of delta jets but that is a beutiful aircraft.

Has got to be at least 90mm though.
            don't really care if it is super scale detailed just big scale wheels and light!

Also no grass sucking cheater holes,how about servo actuated topside doors for more air on take off,then close and get better speed?

Comment

• On a different subject, I noticed that Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike have their own YouTube channel, did the break from Motion??

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
                On a different subject, I noticed that Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike have their own YouTube channel, did the break from Motion??
                I believe they had that channel before coming onboard with Motion.

Comment

• I was lucky enough to buy a used F100 from an older pilot who has eyesight issues and is leaving the Hobby.. Its like getting a Unicorn for Xmas. With that said, I have to make so many modifications to bring it close to Freewing quality. I would love to see Top Quality Scale model F100 90mm 8S. The only way to revive this old tired jet of mine is to Fiberglass the whole jet. After all the mods, I estimate this F100 to cost close to $700-800. I am sure buying a $500 Freewing F100 would definitely make more financial sense, not to mention all the frustrating hours spent modifying it.

On the other hand I believe a great deal of people would love to see an F8 Crusader with an tilt up wing at take off and landings.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	f-8-crusader-large-56a61c583df78cf7728b64d6.JPEG Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	157746

Comment

• Originally posted by ddsjoseph View Post
                    I was lucky enough to buy a used F100 from an older pilot who has eyesight issues and is leaving the Hobby.. Its like getting a Unicorn for Xmas. With that said, I have to make so many modifications to bring it close to Freewing quality. I would love to see Top Quality Scale model F100 90mm 8S. The only way to revive this old tired jet of mine is to Fiberglass the whole jet. After all the mods, I estimate this F100 to cost close to $700-800. I am sure buying a $500 Freewing F100 would definitely make more financial sense, not to mention all the frustrating hours spent modifying it.

On the other hand I believe a great deal of people would love to see an F8 Crusader with an tilt up wing at take off and landings.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	f-8-crusader-large-56a61c583df78cf7728b64d6.JPEG Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	157746
                    Let me guess....is it a FlyFly model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

I'm not a huge fan of delta jets but that is a beutiful aircraft.

Has got to be at least 90mm though.
                      don't really care if it is super scale detailed just big scale wheels and light!

Also no grass sucking cheater holes,how about servo actuated topside doors for more air on take off,then close and get better speed?
                      The good thing about the F-106 is that it has an intake on both sides to feed into a single engine minimizing the need for cheater holes. A 90mm might seem better because of the larger size and more power but remember that the larger the EDF the larger the intake it will need. So If the dimensions of the original intakes are not sufficient in a smaller RC scale it will most likely need cheater holes.
                      On another note regarding actuated topside intake doors. Most modern Russian jets in real life have intake covers so they can operate in any airfield regardless of its condition. A Russian jet with working intake doors might just be the ideal EDF for you and anyone that flies off grass fields.
                      Check out this video that explains why Russian jets have intake doors @ 6:27min.

Comment

• Well they better hurry up ! There's already 2 more edf's I want and am trying hard to hold off until I see what Freewing has up their sleeve. I couldn't even begin to ponder a guess as to what it might be!

Comment

• Is there any signs of a release date yet? I check this site many times a day just because I´m so tempted on a Freewing F100!

Comment

• purduephigam
                            purduephigam commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Welcome to the Squawk! I don't believe there is any indication on when FOIL is coming. It was said 2018, and I'm not sure if that remains or not. I'd imagine they'd release it before end of year, but we all know they won't rush something to get it out before they're confident in the product hitting the market!

• Originally posted by ATR42 View Post
                          Is there any signs of a release date yet? I check this site many times a day just because I´m so tempted on a Freewing F100!
                          Seems to me, If I wanted to sell alot of them I'd release it in time for xmas

Comment

• Alpha did hint that it would make it before Christmas. (Fingers crossed)

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                              Alpha did hint that it would make it before Christmas. (Fingers crossed)
                              Everyone knows it's basically Christmas Nov 1st. So mayyybeee?

Comment

• I think Alpha May be giving another clue, more than once he called it Reynolds. or did I dream that?:Confused:

Comment

• Then, it's this Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2-chris-kennedy.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	157795

Comment

• Am getting more Emails than usual....their purging the lines of air bubbles ;)
                                    Fasten your triple harnesses.

Pete

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
                                      Then, it's this Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2-chris-kennedy.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	157795
                                      Omg...could be true! Xdd not sure I am excited or deceived hahah..need to see the endproduct and vids first​​​​​​

Comment

• A Lear Jet would be awesome. Especially a nice one.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                        X