X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blohm & Voss BV P.215

I know there have been several scratch built conversations online over the years on the German Pod Fighters and advanced designs that were slated for operational use in 1946... and I have always been interested in these designs.

I just finished and flew a scratch build of the Blohm & Voss BV P.215 - after the first flight - the crappy EDF that I used was running rough - so I cut it out and installed the Freewing 64mm fan that is in the Stinger 64 after it arrived from Motion RC.

The result is that it flies great with the new motor setup - I am running 4S 1800 mah packs with 30 C discharge and a 100 amp speed controller. It tops out around 85 mph  - not as fast as the high speed Stinger 64 but close.

Very stable and fun plane to fly - it looks unique... so I have already started on a larger version that will be either a single 90 mm fan or twin 70 mm. I did drawings and cut out foam insulation for the design. The smaller one that is flying has a skim coat of epoxy resin all over for strength. All up it weighs 1.5 lbs. ready to fly.

I would love to see this done in a kit... it is so unique and it is stable and flies very well. I guess it is too unorthodox to be popular... so I guess I will have to keep building my own.
    Attached Files

RE: Blohm & Voss BV P.215

Very cool jet there! I personally would love to see more of the early WWII and cold war jets available. Nice work there Flyingaceaircraft!!

Comment

Got some useable video of it in flight today.

http://youtu.be/G_NzbefchBQ

Comment

That is not an easy aircraft to design well. You did a great job, congratulations!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

old is gold. lovely plane.

Comment

Where an I get a set of plans for the Blohm&Voss 215?

Comment

Hello flyingace
              Have a 90 mm edf. Would like to build the bv 215, you have any plans that I can purchase from you?

rich

Comment

Originally posted by Banditone View Post
                Hello flyingace
                Have a 90 mm edf. Would like to build the bv 215, you have any plans that I can purchase from you?

rich
                Sorry to say that you'll most likely not get a response because he hasn't been on for better than 9 months:(
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hello still looking for a Blohm & Voss 90 mm 215 plans or a kit

Comment

Working...
                  X