Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Gloster meteor

So when do we get to see this

A UK Distributer got the first batch a few weeks ago. Typical dynam QC they were sent without esc's. (How does that happen?) In the slovina guys unboxing the glue wss still wet. I really wanted this jet but cant justify $380 with the same retracts that wont work below 50f,same dynam fit and finish(pilot roberts plane had several parts not glued well) and it puffed a 6600mah battery in 4 1/2 min of moderate flying(guy with the first unboxing has had wires desoldering from heat/amp draw). I have my doubts motion will carry this one.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Have been following the story of the first two to get in the air in the various threads and it does seem to be wanting in many design aspects but apparently not in the actual airborne environment. How can they be so far off base after a fairly successful 262 release? Not sure if $380 will be the going price but adding what look like essential mods it is going to be an expensive model. Alpha did say he had been involved in the development so have to assume they ignored any input he may have had -- this would have had to have been a sales success for Motion at the right pricepoint and quality.

I still want one but ------?

Comment

K.... Why not a Freewing Gloster meteor twin 80mm edf?

Comment

Indeed, why not ?

Comment

Yah, Alpha.......WHY NOT?

Comment

This Dynam model, from what I've seen, appears to be absolute, overpriced junk. Too bad....it could have been great. Maybe freewing could take a crack at it. I'm sure it would be a great sell if the quality were there.

Comment

I'll probably end up getting one.

I have spares from a Me-262 that I literally flew to self destruction at over a year of heavy flying. First one shed its tail-planes at full throttle in a split S after well over 350 fights. The nacelles protected the EDF units very well. Impact estimated in excess of 115 mph, since I had been doing that in level flight passes on the OEM EDFs and ESCs. Battery and RX survived. Stripped the gears of every servo except a Hitec that I added to the model.

I found low cost upgrade retracts that I had in it. They are in a Dynam T-28 now. Hopefully Hobby King still has the same set of all metal with the aluminum, spring loaded simulated oleo struts.

You'll find issues with any foamy ARF.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Icarus is hoping, today, to maiden his with FMS 12 blade fans /1850kv motors. Presume that will be on a single 6 cell pack. From the flight reports there has been no mention of retract or servo problems, just those electron sucking fans. Obviously it can be made flyable but does the final cost justify the ownership?

Comment

Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                    This Dynam model, from what I've seen, appears to be absolute, overpriced junk. Too bad....it could have been great. Maybe freewing could take a crack at it. I'm sure it would be a great sell if the quality were there.
                    I tend to agree. The video showed that it was not a stable flying model, also seemed a bit under powered. Now, with the latest release of the P-61 and it's warped wings and zero customer support from Grayson, I would be not to buy this one unless MotionRC declares that it is of acceptable quality and decides to carry it. The latest releases from Dynam have appeared to be of sub-standard quality and poor value for the money. The last new release that Motion sold was the B-26 Maurader. I bought that one and even it had some issues that took much effort to correct. It may have been the last "1/2 decent" model that Dynam has put out of late.

Comment

If it was molded straight, but warped in shipping. EPO can be straightened by laving it in a hot car with support to guide it to the correct shape.

You can also warp the plane badly by leaving it in a hot car with the aircraft supported improperly.

I currently have a rudder shaped like a pringle's potato chip on a Dynam Tiger moth (which will straighten as easily as it warped) The airplane is over 2 years old with many flights and will fly again.

Any model with improper CG will be unstable and the Meteor prototype video I have seen is a tail-heavy airplane. Easy to fix.

E-Flite/Parkzone put out a micro Mosquito that got a bad reputation fast and was quickly discontinued. I still have one. they were tail-heavy by the instructions. Just put a bigger battery in the nose and it flies nicely.
                      It would also benefit from significant differential aileron travel because it has severe adverse yaw. the receiver in the plane has the spare channel needed so this modification is also simple. It currently rolls better on rudder than on ailerons. This is due to the deeply under-chambered wing. Something that I expected as soon as I saw the model.

Nothing about the Meteor that isn't able to be solved. (mostly at very low cost)
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

My dad had a Dynam Hellcat that had a warped horizontal like the grin of a Cheshire cat. The foam had actually lifted while their glue was drying on its reinforcement spar and there was no saving it. I had to buy a replacement elevator from Motion RC and after 2 attempts of returning parts, I finally got one that was straight and level.

If Motion RC will carry the Gloster Meteor, I will consider buying the airframe from the spare parts page as I have enough of the electronics to finish it. Even if it cots me $285 at least I can feel confident that I will have the customer support to address the issues and deficiencies of the kit's quality should that need arise like it did with my dad's Hellcat.

Comment

Icarus has just posted comments and flight videos (RCG) of his Meteor now with FMS fans on 6S.

Comment

A very good source has told me that Dynam is re-working on the issues with the Gloster , including a re-do of the power system. Expected to arrive in the U.S. mid September.

Comment

Weeeell now that could be interesting indeed. I just dont have a trust in dynam for alot of things, and for something as complex in design as edfs are, that's one thing I have little faith in with dynam products. I believe I will stick with freewing and fms

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                Weeeell now that could be interesting indeed. I just dont have a trust in dynam for alot of things, and for something as complex in design as edfs are, that's one thing I have little faith in with dynam products. I believe I will stick with freewing and fms
                                I will buy it when it comes out and fill this thread.

Comment

Sounds good, and good luck, hope the improvements are satisfactory

Comment

My p61(its from the last batch to arrive here in the states) was great right out of the box. Every thing that was an issue on my b26 was not an issue on my p61. The dynam rep i talked to before i bought the widow said dynam is working hard on improving QC and the new batch reflected this. I have to agree. I think the meteor will be a worth a look with the new power system.
                                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

That's good news

Comment

I am very willing to eat humble pie and buy one if Dynam do re engineer the Meteor. Meanwhile I have put my name on the list for the F/W V.2 Me 262.

Comment

Working...
                                        X