X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-10 with endurance.

Plane can fly for  10 minutes at WOT. 3 cell 1800.  Push pull elevators with fishing lines to reduce tail weight. remove both rear engines & wires. Move ESC forward. use of a Helicopter 3600 KV motor & GWS 400 size gearbox with 4.5 to 1 gears. APC E 9" x 6" prop.  gives about 53 mph & 30 ounces of static thrust.   Plane weighs 37 ounces RTF

The geared down prop shaft is inside the cannon barrel.  Wound up, the prop disappears & the cannon  barrel is only visable in flight. 

I hand launch at any angle except straight up.  30 amp motors are loafing at 12 amps. during WOT.

Final fitting of foam filler blocks & a touch up paint job on the belly.
    Attached Files

RE: A-10 with endurance.

Originally posted by cyclops2
     Plane can fly for  10 minutes at WOT. 3 cell 1800.  Push pull elevators with fishing lines to reduce tail weight. remove both rear engines & wires. Move ESC forward. use of a Helicopter 3600 KV motor & GWS 400 size gearbox with 4.5 to 1 gears. APC E 9" x 6" prop.  gives about 53 mph & 30 ounces of static thrust.   Plane weighs 37 ounces RTF

The geared down prop shaft is inside the cannon barrel.  Wound up, the prop disappears & the cannon  barrel is only visable in flight. 

I hand launch at any angle except straight up.  30 amp motors are loafing at 12 amps. during WOT.

Final fitting of foam filler blocks & a touch up paint job on the belly.
    ooohh noo you murderizzed a good A-10, omg what is the world coming too, hhahaah looks cool great job on prop plane

Comment

Thank you Mr. Gumby.  :)

Comment

Thank you Mr. Gumby.  :)
        I didnt realize your my Elder, IM sorry SIR for making fun of your build, im compelled to respect my elders
        i looked up MR.Gumby....that was on TV a long time ago.
        again i want to say sorry for doing that and i have learned a lesson.

Sovrin.....Im only 49 i should know better

Comment

I have thick skin. I had first done it as a PUSHER with the 9 X 6. No one would hand launch it. Including me. I was afraid of the prop.

Comment

I have thick skin.  I had first done it as a PUSHER with the 9 X 6.  No one would hand launch it. Including me. I was afraid of the prop.
            i can understand last year had 8 stitches on my left hand from a 10 prop, from a plane in my hanger messing with radio and throttle curves needless to say now when i work on a plane the first thing i do is take off the prop. BTW have you tried rcgroups forums they have a ton of folks that mod their planes.im not trying to steer ya away from here,but i read both a few hours a day.
            ;)
            cheers

sovrin

Comment

When I do WOT or just tests. I use a 3' loop of heavy line looped over the body near the tail. Holds the plane securely. Pusher are against the wall with 2 cinder blocks against each wing with rags to prevent finish damage.

I always were my FULL face flip up & down clear plastic FACE SHIELD.  NO EXCEPTIONs.

Comment

Working...
              X