X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Thanks !:-)
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

If you were going to buy this plane, what would be the ideal battery size for duration and wingloading? I noticed HH has them in stock now. I’m really impressed with the FW T-45 and I already have 5 batteries, but the lighter weight and longer flight time seem to make up the difference. The LEF’s and airbrakes on the FW version seem more gimmicky to me with the weight more than offsetting the usefulness. I don’t own one so that could be BS. Anybody have one yet?

On top top of that, you have the FW smaller version but then you’d have to paint it and buy the upgraded gear.

Comment

One thing that sold me on fms is the fan/motor setup. With the FA18F on a 4500mah pack I can fly half throttle for 6 minutes and when I pull my packs they are at or around 3.8 volts and around 110°F. (Mostly sticking around half throttle) the A10 is 3 minutes to get the same result. I was worried that it would be too much weight for the 18, but it handles it beautifully. I would think this plane would do just as well.

Comment

u proved that gear is pretty good with that rough field for sure

Comment

Yeah it really makes you think about everything having to be near or absolutely perfect on landings. Brings a new heighten awareness to the game every time you bring the planes on final

Comment

I just finished putting this together and tested it on my workbench, got everything set up, then walked outside to try it and now when I connect the battery to the ESC there are no beeps and no response to the TX.
              It does have power, and I can bind and unbind, but no beeps outside of binding and no response to the TX.

Comment

Saw your post in anther thread about how you crimped on light duty automotive bullets... That's just wrong.
                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Yeah those are not the one you want. Definitely not in this plane. Worst case do what i did and just pull the fan assembly and esc out of the access hatch. So you have the room to work. When you do this tie a string to the esc battery cables, so when you are done you can use the string to pull the cables back into place with minimal headache

Comment

Originally posted by chipset35 View Post
                    I just finished putting this together and tested it on my workbench, got everything set up, then walked outside to try it and now when I connect the battery to the ESC there are no beeps and no response to the TX.
                    It does have power, and I can bind and unbind, but no beeps outside of binding and no response to the TX.
                    What do you mean by "unbind"? I'm not following you. Unless some major problems exist, you "bind" once, then you remove the bind plug and never have to bind again, ever. Also, what are you using for a Rx? Is there a satellite on it? If the sat comes disconnected, nothing will work right.
                    Having no response when you hook up the battery tells me there is no juice getting to the ESC. Perhaps all that messing about with trying to solder (or crimp in your case) a new connector onto the ESC has wrecked something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      u proved that gear is pretty good with that rough field for sure
                      The landing gear on the FMS T-45 is great as well, spring loaded, and no wobble on grass fields, and tracks straight as an arrow with no nose gear slop.
                      Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      What do you mean by "unbind"? I'm not following you. Unless some major problems exist, you "bind" once, then you remove the bind plug and never have to bind again, ever. Also, what are you using for a Rx? Is there a satellite on it? If the sat comes disconnected, nothing will work right.
                      Having no response when you hook up the battery tells me there is no juice getting to the ESC. Perhaps all that messing about with trying to solder (or crimp in your case) a new connector onto the ESC has wrecked something.
                      I was able to figure it out....and fixed it.
                      User error!

Comment

I am having take off issues with this jet.
                        On pavement it tracks straight and true, but on the very short and well maintained grass of my clubs field it keeps veering hard right.
                        Obviously, the issue is the grass.
                        Anyone else have issue or any tips to remedy on grass take off's?

Comment

Couple of things can be done. If you have a second channel available on the reciever you could plug the nose gear steering into that, then have a mix setup so you have a trim available that doesnt effect the rudders in the plane. The second is just do the adjustments with the hardware on board until it tracks straight in the grass.

Comment

I am having take off issues with this jet.
                            On pavement it tracks straight and true, but on the very short and well maintained grass of my clubs field it keeps veering hard right.
                            Obviously, the issue is the grass.
                            Anyone else have issue or any tips to remedy on grass take off's?
                            I've noticed you are having a similar problem with your B-25. These FMS models have tricycle gear and seem to have their CG very close to the where the main retracts are attached. This makes is very easy for the plane to bounce on and off it's nose gear tire, making ground handling difficult, especially when there are imperfections in the ground. With such planes, first and foremost you have to set up the nose gear steering properly from the start and I'll cover that in the next paragraph. Once you get the steering set up right, you must get the plane moving quickly so you can get air flowing over the elevator to keep the nose down - a little DOWN elevator will help with this but make sure you get the elevator back to neutral or slightly UP before you reach take off speed. Expo on the nose steering likely will not help you here because the nose tire is off the ground too much.
                            Setting up the steering ...........................
                            1. Is the steering servo neutralized? It should be - the arm should be as close to center or 90 degrees to the body of the servo when the trim is centered and the rudder stick is left alone.
                            2. Adjust the rod so that the steering seems as close as possible to driving the plane "straight" ahead. You'll have to eyeball this one by referencing the longitudinal line down the middle of the plane.
                            3. Drive the plane slowly on a smooth, flat surface and do a final trim adjustment on the rudder channel until the plane is rolling in a straight line. Now, you'll have to go and manually adjust the actual rudder till it's straight. Doing what rifleman said about putting the steering on a separate channel will make this easier to do sub-trim from the Tx. If it still veers off left/right when you try to take off, it's not the steering. It's the plane bouncing on and off its front tire and you over-correcting whenever it does touch the ground.

Starting off this hobby with a multi-engine like the B-25 and a fast plane like this Goshawk may not have been a good idea. You've already seen what your ground surface does to this fairly soft FMS front strut on the B-25. The B-25 cannot be flown slowly in a banked turn. You may find out the hard way why. The Goshawk, once you get it into the air will be very fast and could be quite twitchy and sensitive for a beginner. I think it's been mentioned to you before that it might be a good idea to get a trainer with stability and SAFE and "fly the bag off it" until you can fly it routinely with all the stability and SAFE turn off. Getting the B-25 and the Goshawk into the air may quickly end in misery.

Comment

Hi Guys I am new to the HS forums and feel I want to add my views on T45 EDF models. I have owned my Freewing T45 for 2 years now and fly here on a regular basis. This is by far the best T45 EDF variant I have owned/flown and now have over 100 sorties under here wings now. She is super smooth and looks great on the ground and in the air. The airframe is beginning to look tiered now and I will replace the model as soon as MRC EU have them on stock. I am looking at replacing the airframe only thus ordering the AFR Plus version. The below link will take you to my maiden flight which took place with an awkward 20mph cross wind.

Free wing T45 maiden flight in a 12mph gusting 20 cross wind. Third time lucky on the landing. Not pretty but successful.

Awsome plane

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Watson View Post
                                Hi Guys I am new to the HS forums and feel I want to add my views on T45 EDF models. I have owned my Freewing T45 for 2 years now and fly here on a regular basis. This is by far the best T45 EDF variant I have owned/flown and now have over 100 sorties under here wings now. She is super smooth and looks great on the ground and in the air. The airframe is beginning to look tiered now and I will replace the model as soon as MRC EU have them on stock. I am looking at replacing the airframe only thus ordering the AFR Plus version. The below link will take you to my maiden flight which took place with an awkward 20mph cross wind.

Free wing T45 maiden flight in a 12mph gusting 20 cross wind. Third time lucky on the landing. Not pretty but successful.

Awsome plane
                                Welcome to Hobby Squawk! This is actually the thread for the 70mm FMS T45. You may want to post that over on the FW 90mm thread: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...goshawk-thread

Comment

Hi thanks for the link I realised this was for the FMS but over the years I have a great number of Goshawk T45 from many model companies just the Freewing T45 will take some beating. Nothing wrong with FMS though I love my BAE Hawk great performance both off our grass strip and in the air. I am looking forward to the release of the FMS T45 it could be another addition to my hangar. I am well and truly hooked and addicted to the EDF age.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking of what you said Viper and am holding off flying both those aircraft until I get more experience.
                                    I did well with the Eflite Wildcat and P47D, so I will probably fly those until I have better flying ability.

Comment

If this thing fly's anywhere near as good as the FW BAE Hawk it's a winner! On an ADM 4000 60c it easily hits 100+ mph. Curious how the FMS compares though as they seem to have better fan's than FW from what I've read on other pages.....

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking of what you said Viper and am holding off flying both those aircraft until I get more experience.
                                        I did well with the Eflite Wildcat and P47D, so I will probably fly those until I have better flying ability.
                                        If those planes had stability and SAFE, they are whole other ball game. Fly them till you can do it repeatedly successfully with the stab and SAFE turned off. Then give the new planes a go.

Comment

First, I love the little thing. Here's the prob. The nose strut has a tendancy to bend. The outer tube connects to an inner pin that's the weak point. I can bend it back with some force, but it just bent again a landing or two later, and they were good landings. They just ran off the end of the runway into the grass. If I keep rebending it we all know it'll weaken and break.

And now there are no parts listed anywhere. Not FMS's own site. Not Horizon. Motion doesn't sell it.

Anyone else have that issue?

Comment

Working...
                                          X