You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1/30 Scale Airbus A330-300 Build Log (3D Printed)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he said.....
    paul

Comment

Thanks Paul.

High confidence in having this ready for Jet Jam this upcoming week. Need to complete weight and balance, and try to print/rig the flap track fairings. I can fly without the flap fairings, but would give that final touch.

Comment

I have high confidence in you and your bird, too, Dirty Dee!

Maximum Effort
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I'm speechless.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Thanks guys.

Here is some more specs in the current configuration using 2x3700mAH 45C packs:
            AUW:5995g
            Wing Area: 40.18 dm2
            CWL:23.4
            TWR:0.7

Comment

Maiden was a success! First bit of video shared with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                Maiden was a success!
                :) Outstanding, Chris. My congrats! Best, Steve
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Here is the full flight video captured by Orvie (Wayne). With the 2x3700mAH 45C packs, I had a flight time of about 2 minutes, and used 25% of the battery capacity. I do think I can get 6 minutes easily with this setup. Most of the flight was between 1/3 and 1/2 throttle, and the landing was with take-off flaps, so it was a bit hot. The suspension has the springs such that they are almost fully pre-loaded when the plane is static on the ground. This coupled with the dave brown lite flite wheels made it seem like the landing was very cushioned, and there want a concern of the plane getting bounced back into the air due to built up spring energy.

I have some ideas about weight reduction using a 0.3mm nozzle for certain areas as well as thinning out the stringers throughout the fuselage by 0.4mm. This all would give close to 200g of weight savings. Flying with a single 5000mAH pack or changing the power setup to 4S 3700mAH with 2800kV motors would be another option, each shaving another ~360g from the AUW

Comment

Just too cool! :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool: Great job! Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry!

Comment

Excellent! She flys great! Congratulations!:Cool:

Comment

Thanks! Can't wait to fly it some more

Comment

STLs now available via my Cults3D page:
                            This 1/30th scale A330-300 was designed with scale appearance in mind, and utilizes custom retracts designed to enable the odd angles needed for the main and nose gear. Spaces throughout the airframe have provisions to allow the installation of 5mm LEDs for navigation lights with minimal drilling or cutting. Although the plane was designed for 6S 70mm EDFs, a 4S power system will be sufficient and can allow for a lighter flying plane. Wingspan: 2006mm(79 in) Length: 2122mm(83.5 in) Wing Area:40.18 dm2(623 in2) Free assembly manual can be downloaded from my profile, via the free A330 tail section. https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/1-30-scale-a330-300-tail-section-rc-edf Thread on RCGroups, also has the assembly manual PDF download: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3359037-1-30-Scale-A330-300-%282006mm-Wingspan%29 Original Design/Build Thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3117172-1-30-Scale-Airbus-A330-300-%283D-Printed%29 Maiden Flight Video: https://youtu.be/i94KQ5vHzAE (2019-11-14) Added ZIP with Fuselage, Tail, and Nose sections with windows cut out. (2020-03-08) Added ZIP with Wing6 full segment to have hatches to access wiring. (2022-01-11) Made a correction to Wing7_Port and Wing7_Stbd which was missing a hole for the retracts, originally requiring cutting for servo fitment. I also added fuselage STL files to make the -200 airframe variant, which is shorter. (2022-01-18) STL File "Flap Fairing Catch" added to "Flap Fairings" folder please refer to picture and installation as shown in RCGroups thread, post #553 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45296885&postcount=553 (2023-12-20) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 upgrade added including a brief assembly manual for the tail section. Files include tail section only. (2024-3-14) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 Updated with the Outer Wing files. (2024-4-11) "Experimental Files" for the Version 2 Updated with the Fuselage files.

Comment

STLs now available via my Cults3D page:
                              https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...006mm-wingspan
                              DD, BEE-EW-TEE-FULL!! Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

3rd flight in. I think it's time for paint

borked the landing, but everything held up. ABS is pretty resilient.

Comment

Started on disassembling the fuselage for paint last evening. I am going with the Virign Atlantic Scheme.

Comment

...going with the Virgin Atlantic Scheme.
                                    DD, Well, Duh! Gonna be spectacular, no doubt, Sir. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Wings are finally getting some depth with the various colors. Hoping to shoot the wingtips and nacelles with the 2-stage candy apple red this week.

lots of filling/sanding/priming left on the fuselage

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                        X