X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Su-35

I'm having trouble getting the cg right on the Su-35. I have the 6s 4000 all the way forward and it is still pretty tail heavy on a cg stand. Has anyone had to add weight to the nose? Help!! Thanks..Ready for a maiden.. ))

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! I have the Su-35, but it is still in the box. I hope the other guys can help you out! I am sure they will, once they see your post... Have a great week!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappyfly8 View Post
      I'm having trouble getting the cg right on the Su-35. I have the 6s 4000 all the way forward and it is still pretty tail heavy on a cg stand. Has anyone had to add weight to the nose? Help!! Thanks..Ready for a maiden.. ))
      Is your plane completely stock, or did you upgrade some parts, such as metal ducts, inrunners etc?

Comment

Are you balancing with wheels up or down? With wheels up, a lot of weight moves forward. Balancing inverted or upright?

Comment

Scrappy,I had the upgraded metal fans in mine and had to run at least 5kmah packs in order to get CG correct.
          Still flew amazing just not a very good grass jet.
          lots of fun though.

Freewing needs to make a larger version with twin 9bl 90mm with larger wheels and beefier landing gear,light weight everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

Is your plane completely stock, or did you upgrade some parts, such as metal ducts, inrunners etc?
            Bone stock.

Comment

So I was balancee with wheels retracted and out. It was inverted. It is strestran tail heavy both ways. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the replies fellas!!

Comment

From what I read (my su-35 is not here yet) the 4000 is a bit light with the new fans. If you watch the video with Alpha narrating, at the end they show weight added to the nose to counter the upgraded fans. I am assuming these are the fans in the newer versions of the kit. If so, I would use a heavier battery if able. Otherwise you may have to add some weight. I plan on flying mine with the Turnigy heavy duty 5000 packs which are heavy as bricks. But they get the job done. I will also be flying with the Admiral 5000. Usually there is about an inch difference in battery placement between those two since the Admiral is lighter.

Also I will have some instrumentation in the nose area which will also help me with weight.

Check out another thread here

Here is the video. The weights are at 5:11

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

I'm running a Roaring Top 6S 6250 in mine about 10mm back from the front and it flys great and I'm getting 5 minutes with 3.7v left.
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Did you ever get it balanced Scrappy?
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Working...
                    X