X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing SU35 Retracts

The stock Su35 retract main struts are extremely weak and are easily damaged on landing, especially the axles. The other weak link in the mains are the tires. Any side moment on landing you often see the tire rolling off to a destination not planned for. I have found that the Freewing 80mm F-86 main struts combined with the Freewing 90mm F-16 main tires and axles greatly enhance the durability of the SU35 mains. Although the F-86 struts are 3mm shorter, they fit fine in the main wheel opening and don't require any modification.

RE: Freewing SU35 Retracts

Originally posted by vigilante1
    The stock Su35 retract main struts are extremely weak and are easily damaged on landing, especially the axles.  The other weak link in the mains are the tires.  Any side moment on landing you often see the tire rolling off to a destination not planned for.  I have found that the Freewing 80mm F-86 main struts combined with the Freewing 90mm F-16 main tires and axles greatly enhance the durability of the SU35 mains.  Although the F-86 struts are 3mm shorter, they fit fine in the main wheel opening and don't require any modification.
    Hi Vigilante1, After much surfing this is what i did with my mains! i got these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__25499__alloy_oleo_strut_set_w_wheels_for_90mm_1_ 20_class_jet.html

they work great had to do some carving ,but the mains are now nice and sturdy

Comment

Working...
    X