Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-45 Retract Question

Hi,
    I have been flying and enjoying my T-45 ! Its a great plane thank you in advance. I have been using a grass field which between my skills (or lack of) and the grass field I have bent the 4mm pin in the Electronic Retract that inserts into the main landing gear strut. When they retract the wheel will not fit into the wheel well. So I purchased the Electronic Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type B thinking I could just replace them one for one. I did not read the description well (for use used on the nose gear) and when I went back I realized that the 4 mm pin inside of it rotated 360 degrees.

But when I looked at Electronic Retract for 4.1mm Diameter Shafts - Type A  it doesn't have a 4mm pin in it so the female to the strut female connection will not work.

They are both listed under the spare parts for this plane so I am not sure what to do next. I don't need the whole  T-45 Main Landing Gear as the strut and wheel are fine.

Thanks for you help, I would like to get this bird back up in the air !

Bob

RE: T-45 Retract Question

An update to my question.
    Neither of the replacements retracts will work for the main landing gears. Although they are up as replacement servos for the landing gears they will not work.

Electronic Retract for 4.1mm Diameter Shafts - Type A - you can not place a connection rod ( 4mm ) in the servo.

Electronic Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type B - This is for the front gear. The 4.1 mm shaft rotates 360 degrees.

I am disappointed in MRC for putting these servos up as replacements when they will not work for the right / Left main gears servos.

Comment

From your description, it appears that you say that the 4mm pin on the main landing gear strut was bent.  Why would you need to replace the servo?  The problem is in the pin.

The reason the Type A servo does not have a pin because that is part of the main landing gear strut assembly.  It can also be purchased separately - http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-4-1mm-main-landing-gear-connecting-rod/

The Type B servo includes a 4.1mm pin likely because since it is a rotating gear, installation might not be as straightforward as non-rotating (Type A).

Are you not able to take the bent 4mm pin from the main landing gear strut, straighten it, then re-install it?

Comment

The servo for the main landing gears has the pin build into it, it can not be removed. The whole servo needs to be replaced. Very disappointing that it doesn't list that nor will the one they have there work !

Comment

Are you sure about that? The connecting rod/pin is held in place by grub screws. Pretty much all metal trunnion retracts are like that. Take a closer look.

Comment

Working...
          X