Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Woody, that's very nice of you to say, thank you. Taking off and landing are actually one of the most enjoyable aspects of flying for me, I think simply because it requires that much more concentration and coordination to 'nail it', so it's nice to hear the sentiment. The Venom is of course instrumental in making them look good, to be honest, she does most of the work for me ;)

S.

Comment

Sukhoi 35. It does things other EDFs can't even dream of: Kulbits, cobras, flat spins, backslides . . . .

Comment

This is like asking about a favorite flavor of ice cream... ask 20 people and you get 30 answers.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I am retired, live down here in FL and fly about 6 days a week year round. About the only days I don't fly is when the winds are over 10 or the temps under 50. I have owned and or test flown/set up most of the EDF's except for the F-14, Venom, Mirage, F-22 and some of the smaller 64/70mm stuff. I am somewhat a speed junkie, the faster the better. Last weekend I test flew and setup one of the new red Avanti, very nice smooth flying plane but not as fast as my yellow one. Anyway, here is my short list and comment, starting with some of my favorites. The two I recommend the most to people are the Avanti and the F-86.

1. Avanti - hard to beat this plane for overall speed and performance. Red one a little slower but flies great also.

2. L-39 - great scale looks, very solid in the air.

3. F-86 - an oldie but goodie. Not fast at all but cheap, very stable, easy to fly and looks good.

4. Stinger 90 - flew for several years, solid and rugged

5.F-18 - very good looking but somewhat fragile foam, great flyer but the gray hard to see. Can't wait to get one of the new versions.

6. F-4 - good scale looks but short flight times. Lucky to get 3 minutes with 5500mah 45C.

7. A-10 - very impressive, but had a few bad habits. Didn't like going through two 6 cells every flight and took up too much room

8.F-15, F-16, Mig 21, A-4 - all flew good but liked other ones better.

Some honorable mention, not Freewing - Dynam ME-262 and Meteor - both cheap, dependable and good flyers - I hear the retracts don't work under 50 degrees but I don't fly in the cold so have never had any problems.. The cheap Meteor will work stock with a 5 cell and really move.

There are a few I didn't like - the A-6, not very fast and bad stall. Didn't like the Scorpion at all, looked good but never was quite right.
          Ron - AMA 1025

Comment

I can say Ron that's a very accurate summary of each model.

S.

Comment

Well, so far, my favorite FW jet is the Stinger 64, because it's the only Freewing jet I own. For that matter, it's the only jet I own, period, Freewing or otherwise.

Though, I'm really, REALLY, tempted to add the Freewing 64mm A-10 to the hangar, since I should be getting my Wellness Program payout from work very soon (I'll hit the 50K points for the full $250 payout by Monday).

While the larger FW A-10 is pretty darned cool, it's a substantially larger investment, particularly with needing 2 batteries at about $110 each. I'm sure the 64mm Warthog is easier to transport to the flying field, too.

Comment

Working...
              X