You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E Flight 140+ mph edf jet 10 min flight time.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Flight 140+ mph edf jet 10 min flight time.

Jason from HH just posted a new offering on RCG. Details are sketchy, but sounds very interesting !

Sounds interesting. Link?

Comment

Well... I could see 140 mph OR 10 min, but not both in the same flight.

Not sure of the top speed of the F9 Panther, but at full throttle I get 3 min. At max endurance I get 8 min. A good fight with varying throttle based on what I am ding at the moment is just short of 5 min.

Most of our models can maintain altitude comfortably doing laps around the field at about half throttle, some a bit lower.
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I am curious too of what there talking about. Link?
        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

It is a 80mm 6s Havoc.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a rebranded FMS 80MM Futura sport Jet with new electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
              Chances are, it probably has the Futura power system in it, but it is definitely a different airframe. Both of them being sport jets, they share some similarities, but the Havoc and Futura are two different planes for sure.

Comment

:Cool: 10-4

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
                  Maybe it's just me but I find the FW Avanti S, FMS Avanti, FMS Futura, SebArt Mini Avanti S and HSD Super Viper to all look the same, so getting a rebranded Futura is just more of the same and boring. So it can do 140mph but that gets old pretty quickly and it won't do 140 for 10 minutes. I can lope my Avanti S for 10 minutes but it puts me nearly to sleep after about 3 minutes. Every max speed pass will knock off about 2 minutes from the clock.
                  Like cars that claim a top speed of XXXmph, once a few owners get these and can only get it up to 135mph, let's see the complaints start to pile up. Speed claims from the company can be a dangerous thing.

Comment

What makes the havoc series so popular is it does extreme aromatics at a slower speed’s or could be flown fast to

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                      What makes the havoc series so popular is it does extreme aromatics at a slower speed’s or could be flown fast to
                      What's a "havoc" series? :Thinking: They smell when they fly slow? (Yeah, I know, it's a typo.) LOL

Comment

I'd guess that this is the fan / motor unit from this model: http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-kv2100-motor

A 2100kv inrunner with ceramic bearings... More efficient than the outrunner in the Avanti...

Comment

Here's the link to the RC Groups page: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...times%21/page4

Comment

It would have been nice if they came up with something more original than another sport jet. But it will sell :Cool:. I'll stick with my nice L-39 (sport flying, not as fast) :).

Comment

:Yawn:Up to this up to that... blah blah

Comment

They most likely used the new FMS set up in there. The Havoc is a pretty slippery airframe and with the right set up I am sure that is is more than capable of that with this new FMS set up... I am sure they will label it Eflite and call it their own. But that is most likely what is in there... It looks good for what it is but I am actually diggin the new FMS Futura more... I am betting it has the same sorta performance to he honest....
                                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

There are a lot of "up to ___" verbiage in the description of the jet. Basically, it's a foam 80mm EDF jet with a 100A ESC. That's not a bad thing, but the marketing at first made it seem a bit different or better than the "norm". The take away message for me was that it may achieve up to 140mph, or 10 minutes of flight, just not out of the box in PNP form. To do so, the speed may reach that with an upgraded power system (I'm sure rather significant too). Then, if going for flight duration, it may achieve 10 minutes flight time if using a 7000-8000mah battery. That's a lot of "up to's", but fully expected that.

Comment

I think id reather have the future v2 (proboably has the same power system)

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                      I think id reather have the future v2 (proboably has the same power system)
                                      It probably does since it's likely FMS is manufacturing the Havoc for E-Flite. We'll see though. I haven't seen up close pictures of any of the components.

Comment

It's kinda funny this came out. I posted a thread back in 10/18 about this very same jet,hoping someone would take interest in it and produce a smaller edf version of it.
                                        My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Working...
                                        X