X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyFly F-100 Super Sabre Help!

Lucky enough to get a kit still inside it’s original box sealed, but it does not have an instruction manual. Anybody out there have one???

This one?

View and Download Fly Fly Hobby FF-D005 instruction manual online. Scale EDF Radio Control model airplane. FF-D005 toy pdf manual download. Also for: F-86 sabre.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
      Thanks but that is the F-86, I need one for the F-100.

Comment

Congratulation on your acquisition of the F100. I just recently finished building mine and have two more in the factory box. They came in EPO and EPS versions. Unfortunately I don't have any photos saved of the step by step build, but I can tell you, that the original manual is worthless. If you intend to bring your build to current modern Freewing standards, then just look at some of my past build photos as a reference guide for your project. I have recently sold my finished F100 because it failed to meet my expectations. If you intend to put a 6S power set up, you'll most likely be disappointed with its performance. The finished jet will end up weighing close to 8Lbs plus batteries. My power set up was The Freewing F4 Phantom's 8S Set up and it was still under powered. To keep the jet from diving, you'd need to fly at pretty much full throttle. The most important thing to remember is that this jet is extremely nose heavy. During your build, try to carve your battery compartment and place your battery tray as far back as possible. I used Freewing Stinger 90 nose gear and Mig 21 for the mains. However, my advice to you would be to use all F4 main and nose gear, because the Stinger 90 nose gear kept bending at each landing. Now, imagine using the crappy original stock landing gear. Just look at the photo of the F100 ( with the yellow stripes) with stock landing gear already bent, just sitting on the ground. Use 17g servos instead of the 9g servos they recommend. The 9g elevator servos will not be enough lift this under such a heavy load. Here are some of the photos and the links to my previous builds. You can P.M. me if you need help. I'm sure I can dig up the original manual but I assure you it's not going to be of any help. Even the CG is wrong in the original manual. Just look at some of the other RC forums and you'll be able to find out the correct CG.

Its very satisfying to unbox a Freewing model from MotionRC and fly your edf jet within a short period of time. But it wasn't long ago when he had to build our on jets from KITs and place the electronics of our own choosing. Building a jet from scratch also has its own rewards. I own just about every 80 and 90mm jet that

For those of you who already own all the big jets offered at Motion RC, this F22 build might be the next step in satisfying your never ending search for the

I have been working on an LX Models Mig29 KIT for the past three weeks. I have been having several major issues with their design and was wondering if anyone

Attached Files

Comment

Here is the link for my ad. Just look at some of the photos for guidance.

Marketplace - Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre $600 Firm - Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre. This F100 Has been upgraded with West Systems Super light Epoxy Coating and has HiTec Servos. It also has upgraded Freewing Landing Gear with Landing lights. Currently Has 8S Freewing Phantom ESC and Motor but is not included in the sale.

Comment

I highly recommend reading what Jepe did years ago with this model. The mods seem extensive, but they're 100% worth it. After struggling through my first Hun, I followed his tutorial in the link below and it transformed how the model flew. It became noticeably more rigid, predictable, controllable, and efficient. In short, it became a plane I enjoyed flying instead of worrying every second if it was going to bite me. In his tutorial below he covers cosmetic aspects, too, but you can skip those if you're not persnickety about scale. The structural improvements he outlines, especially regarding the wings and horizontal stabs, however, are what I would consider critical if you expect to enjoy the aircraft for multiple flying seasons. Especially up against modern PNP EDFs, this Hun's size still impresses but any/every update you can give it will give you more to be proud of.

I initially powered it on a Wemo 90mm 8s HET setup. 1680kv was hot but worth it. If you've got the batteries and power system, consider 10s. I wouldn't go for speed on this model as much as I would sport/scale-plus performance and duration. Over time, the foam can get spongy, and eventually I sheared a horizontal stab during a dive recovery [attempt] and that was that.

Reading through that tutorial, it reminds me the length some of us went to just to make our early foam jets fly a few flights in a row reliably without surprises.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              I highly recommend reading what Jepe did years ago with this model. The mods seem extensive, but they're 100% worth it. After struggling through my first Hun, I followed his tutorial in the link below and it transformed how the model flew. It became noticeably more rigid, predictable, controllable, and efficient. In short, it became a plane I enjoyed flying instead of worrying every second if it was going to bite me. In his tutorial below he covers cosmetic aspects, too, but you can skip those if you're not persnickety about scale. The structural improvements he outlines, especially regarding the wings and horizontal stabs, however, are what I would consider critical if you expect to enjoy the aircraft for multiple flying seasons. Especially up against modern PNP EDFs, this Hun's size still impresses but any/every update you can give it will give you more to be proud of.

I initially powered it on a Wemo 90mm 8s HET setup. 1680kv was hot but worth it. If you've got the batteries and power system, consider 10s. I wouldn't go for speed on this model as much as I would sport/scale-plus performance and duration. Over time, the foam can get spongy, and eventually I sheared a horizontal stab during a dive recovery [attempt] and that was that.

Reading through that tutorial, it reminds me the length some of us went to just to make our early foam jets fly a few flights in a row reliably without surprises.
              I'd like an f-100, but boy, not that much!

Comment

I agree with Alpha's posting. However, I can understand your position as well. It is a great deal of work to build the F100 with Jepe specs. On the other hand this posting has been a blessing for me as well. This will inspire me to start building my F100, and his time "Properly". I will certainly post my photos here on this forum.
                My question to Alpha would be the choice of power set up for the 10s . What motor and EDF?

Comment

You guys are great. I have flown my F-100 twice. I had serious stab problems. And yes I had to add 8 ounces of tail weight. As I said I am using the Taft 90 with their 1470kv motor. Slow at the start but once it gets going it has plenty of speed to stay up and fly scale. The Freewing retracts are out of their Venom. But honestly, this jet although I love the look, is a great example of what we used to have to deal with. Under engineered and just a load of structural issues. I have plenty of experience in the situation because I built several of the Hobby Top Gun L-39’s. They were not as bad as the hun, but close. As soon as possible I will post a flight video. Sorry for the late response, I have not been on the squak for a couple weeks. As it sits it weighs in at 7lbs 9 oz. Heavy....I will look at that tutorial when I get home from this short vacation. Ordered graphics from Callie. Thanks Again for your responses. If Freewing came out with the 100, this FlyFly would be hanging at my local hobby store. But I am determined to make this a solid jet........

Comment

Originally posted by ddsjoseph View Post
                    I agree with Alpha's posting. However, I can understand your position as well. It is a great deal of work to build the F100 with Jepe specs. On the other hand this posting has been a blessing for me as well. This will inspire me to start building my F100, and his time "Properly". I will certainly post my photos here on this forum.
                    My question to Alpha would be the choice of power set up for the 10s . What motor and EDF?
                    I have no idea how you are going to get 10 cells in that jet. I have to use a 6s 4000, or the admiral skinny 5000. There just is no room.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	759068DA-31DE-463A-80B4-B4BF994C98B8.jpeg
Views:	1597
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	203493Click image for larger version

Name:	EBB3ECB6-9924-4AA2-B3E7-D58FDD6FF9D0.jpeg
Views:	1584
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	203494Click image for larger version

Name:	9BFC1B83-1ACF-4789-9F10-1D96C8A9AAD1.jpeg
Views:	1534
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	203495Click image for larger version

Name:	349BC965-507B-44F9-ADCD-30C33E06C3AE.jpeg
Views:	1564
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	203496Click image for larger version

Name:	0FCA8C02-B9F7-407B-A029-A27A46AFE148.jpeg
Views:	1536
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	203497Click image for larger version

Name:	6CCC4D0A-EF3C-47F6-8AC3-34267E06A9DB.jpeg
Views:	1557
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	203498Click image for larger version

Name:	549B638E-3AF6-44A2-A764-356EBA10C533.jpeg
Views:	1552
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	203499Click image for larger version

Name:	D6FBB0FC-4B61-41E2-9992-2400EB5188A8.jpeg
Views:	1558
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	203500Click image for larger version

Name:	496043CC-9870-4A63-BEDC-5F2ADEF2634B.jpeg
Views:	1553
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	203501

Comment

This thread was an interesting read. It reminds me of what I have read about the old LX F-4 Phantom in that it required extensive work just to get them to even fly halfway decent.
                          And people still bought the ARF kits for a while because it was the only foam F-4 for that size available on the market for a long time until people just got tired of the headache and practically gave up on it. That's when the numerous requests started coming in for Freewing to make a well engineered F-4.
                          The moral of the story in this case is just because a model looks like an F-100 it does not mean it will fly like an F-100 out of the box, if it was made by a manufacturer that did not invest in the required engineering and development.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
                            This thread was an interesting read. It reminds me of what I have read about the old LX F-4 Phantom in that it required extensive work just to get them to even fly halfway decent.
                            And people still bought the ARF kits for a while because it was the only foam F-4 for that size available on the market for a long time until people just got tired of the headache and practically gave up on it. That's when the numerous requests started coming in for Freewing to make a well engineered F-4.
                            The moral of the story in this case is just because a model looks like an F-100 it does not mean it will fly like an F-100 out of the box, if it was made by a manufacturer that did not invest in the required engineering and development.
                            I could not have said it better!

Comment

Shoutout to Callie Graphics....DONE! Click image for larger version

Name:	EA7523BE-120C-4F2D-8D4F-1C818061FDD3.jpeg
Views:	1629
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	203626Click image for larger version

Name:	32C07F4E-72E0-42DE-BA66-C03BABA1AE13.jpeg
Views:	1590
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	203627

Comment

Now that looks sweet !

Comment

Watched Jepe flight video, I wondered how long he was going to stay up there. His setup is hot but expensive and a lot of work. My 100 goes about 80 mph on the Taft 90. It pushed 5.23 pounds on my thrust stand. (Rc lander thrust stand). The jet weighs in at about 7.75 lbs so scale flying is my only option. He really put in a lot of work on that foamy. Really nice. Thank god for Freewing and FMS...they really engineer there products so we can spend more time flying and less time on the bench. Thanks Alpha.

Comment

Flight Video

still need to modify the elevator mechanism. But it’s a big floater once up in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                    X